What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Bricazo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
Is it so simple a caveman can do it? I ask because I've been eyeballing that stabilizer for a bit. (@Bricazo)

Any residual steering adjustments to make post-install?

Lol! It was not hard, bolts came right off and had the old one out in 5 minutes. The issue was lining up all 3 hole for the mounting bracket. I would get one bolt in and the other 2 would be off by a hair! Once l started lifting the Jeep up I found the right height that allowed me to finally get them in. Only question I have now is what to torque the eyelet bolt too?? Instructions only say to OEM..

I drove with it today and the wheel is stiffer to turn. I have it set to 12 and it goes to 24. Does not remove the play in the steering but I feel like I have to make less small adjustments to keep it straight.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Lol! It was not hard, bolts came right off and had the old one out in 5 minutes. The issue was lining up all 3 hole for the mounting bracket. I would get one bolt in and the other 2 would be off by a hair! Once l started lifting the Jeep up I found the right height that allowed me to finally get them in. Only question I have now is what to torque the eyelet bolt too?? Instructions only say to OEM..

I drove with it today and the wheel is stiffer to turn. I have it set to 12 and it goes to 24. Does not remove the play in the steering but I feel like I have to make less small adjustments to keep it straight.
Jon over at @fifteen52 also installed the Fox 2.0 ATS Stabilizer as well... maybe he can help regarding the torque?

Durango

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2019 Ram 1500 Quadcab 4X4, 2018 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 Charger SRT, 2018 American Dream, 2017 Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4X4, 2020 Redwood 3951MB, 2019 Mercedes 4WD Van
It ain't gonna stop, and it's only just begun. Obviously, I don't know how handy you are with a wrench, but doing all the modifications, installs, oil changes, etc. yourself are much more fun and even more satisfying.

And... only 2 grand?
Handy, but knees don't deal well with crawling around on them. Plus, since this is taking so long to get from OH to CA, I want to take delivery with some things already on it so I can hit the ground running, so-to-speak.

Yes, only two grand. That's not what the end result will be (is there ever an end to it?) - just what I wanted to pick it up/take delivery with.

Now send some good Karma to the railroad so they will release it and it can get to the dealer! LOL.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Handy, but knees don't deal well with crawling around on them. Plus, since this is taking so long to get from OH to CA, I want to take delivery with some things already on it so I can hit the ground running, so-to-speak.

Yes, only two grand. That's not what the end result will be (is there ever an end to it?) - just what I wanted to pick it up/take delivery with.

Now send some good Karma to the railroad so they will release it and it can get to the dealer! LOL.
You'll have your Wrangler in no time... but whatever you do, don't read this.

https://jalopnik.com/brand-new-jeep-gladiators-and-chevy-silverados-destroye-1836273310

joshg

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab, Tesla Model S P90DL, Audi R8 V10 Spyder 6MT
Installed 67 Designs JL Rail Mount and their phone holder. Wow... love this rail system. Very well designed and holds phone rock solid.

fv0rEb1NSSm3wpic4ISUEQ.jpg

More importantly, achieved my goal of Apple Car Play without unsightly dangling wires across the dash to the media port. (If only FCA would pay the Apple license fee for wireless CarPlay, we wouldn't have to go through this nonsense.)

dn%RV8yRSAiTvfnOgVFWFQ.jpg

I took apart the dash and fished a 2 meter lightning cable down through the dash and through the center console and into the armrest compartment to the USB jack there. Lightning cable pops out right where it needs to be, to the left of the screen, for my chosen phone location.

Kinda crazy just to avoid the dangling wire and the always-open Media cover on the dash... but it's an OCD thing for me I think.

oLQ04wrWQrCmCTZX9sry3A.jpg

0KtC1npaRqSUvKPgqDq6cg.jpg

RyzBLKR7SviWeMwgmClWcA.jpg

kheidolph

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
No problem. The mirror I’m using has no brand name ( I think it’s called HDGO) from Russia that I ordered on aliexpress. You can type in “2 channel mirror dash cam” on Amazon and see other options as well. I just compared prices and got an alert when there was a flash sale.

In my old posts I hardwired the BlackSys dash cam going through the mirror panel, A-pillar and onwards to the rear of the vehicle. You’ll need to remove some trim pieces and torx screws. If you have a plastic crowbar for vehicle clips it can help push the wires through and save you time.

I did the same thing again except I have it plugged to the rear cigarette outlet and @Rhinebeck01 has a diagram that shows which fuses to swap so that outlet is only on w/ ignition.
While I find this install cleaner- this mirror is larger than factory so it will bump into your driver’s side sun visor (when down). If you have the cam set to “rear view” then I suppose you could center your mirror and it wouldn’t matter.

BA279623-A6B8-42BB-AC0E-CDFAD58A4AA4.jpeg

BE75D425-1112-4F6B-900B-5A7346CD5812.png
Thanks for sharing. Very helpful. :like:

I did see your post on the install of your dash cam. Very clean install.

Something new to add to my list of install projects.

bem1

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lantanapcguy.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Today I got the MOPAR 2" lift and some 37 inch BFGoodrich KM3's. It's wandering a bit but they set the tires at 40 psi and I haven't had time to lower them yet. I like the way it turned out. Can't wait to try the tires out off road next week.

20190719_114917.jpg
You can put 37 inch tires on stock Rubi wheels? I thought 35 inch was the largest size that would fit...

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for sharing. Very helpful. :like:

I did see your post on the install of your dash cam. Very clean install.

Something new to add to my list of install projects.
You’re welcome. Good luck and have fun!

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I took apart the dash and fished a 2 meter lightning cable down through the dash and through the center console and into the armrest compartment to the USB jack there. Lightning cable pops out right where it needs to be, to the left of the screen, for my chosen phone location.

Kinda crazy just to avoid the dangling wire and the always-open Media cover on the dash... but it's an OCD thing for me I think.
I like how you solved this. I had been thinking about solutions, but hadn’t come up with this one. Well done sir.

WhyUMad

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Installed one artec inner fender.. just one and I'm about to pass out. Second one should be easier..
Apparently they sent me the female version, because mine came with no nuts!
1AFB5690-4CCF-4590-BBFF-642BD0D085CB.jpeg
2684C23A-2C3C-4C97-9A46-74DABF1371B9.jpeg
Quick question. So, you cut the inner fender liners up until the outer part that shows on the outside of the fender? Or is it 2 separate pieces?

I ask because I think the fenders look too flimsy chopped fully & the outer portion of the underside of the fenders gives it a more complete look.

This is what I intend on doing when I get my Quake LED slim light kit in, but may want to add the Motobilt inner fenders to it while maintaining the outer portion of the inner fender:

A098CFB2-0EBC-44B2-974B-ACB65820784A.png

F36A7689-6FF8-4560-B035-6C63851CF7CC.png