What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Bskylerj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler, 2011 Chevy Avalanche, 2012 Hyundai Sonata
Any tips or tricks to removing (and reinstalling) the Steering wheel & bezel?
Disconnect both grounds on the battery and let sit for 20-30 mins. Small pick screwdriver to pull the caps on the back of the steering wheel.

10mm socket to take the bolts out on each side under the cap you removed. The center of the wheel will come out. You will need to unplug the airbag and set it to the side.

You will need a T10, T15 and a T20 torx screwdriver to get all the screws out for the bezel and controls. There is a black spacer right next to each sides controls. They are in tight but the slide out.

When reinstalling the airbag be careful on how the wires are run and don’t over tighten the bolts holding it in. It sucks it down tight and the horn stays on. Lol.

Hopefully this helps

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
I love this setup. I want a mild lift but am all new to this thing...1st time Jeep owner. Can you please point me to your lift kit, as to where you got it? I’m looking for an option/alternative to the Mopar kit ($$$). Does your kit contain everything - shocks, springs, etc?

First time I’ve seen this - a Rubicon but yet with a stock Sahara side step. It’s one of the main reasons why I got a Sahara. I love our side steps. Nice and wide, and follows the fender flow... also protects against rock fling. So you purposely removed the Rubicon rails and ordered a Sahara side step?
Yes, I removed the stock rock rails, the other half had issues getting in the Jeep. If going off-roading they can be removed in 15 minutes, instructions state they should be removed for trails. I did leave them on and rode the easier trails at Drummond Island with no issue.

FlatLander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Black with Power Top
I love this setup. I want a mild lift but am all new to this thing...1st time Jeep owner. Can you please point me to your lift kit, as to where you got it? I’m looking for an option/alternative to the Mopar kit ($$$). Does your kit contain everything - shocks, springs, etc?

You can find the kit at pretty much all of the normal retailers - Here's a link to the Terraflex site: https://teraflex.com/news_items/all...1-5-sport-st1-suspension-systems-have-arrived

I did the ST1 system that included the 2.1 Falcons. Per the recommendations on that site for 35" tires, I also purchased the bump stop strike pad kit. No springs included in this kit.

Just like you, I was looking for something mild. The stance with the 35's is great.

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I completely agree with you! I installed mine last week and they are great! I used relocation brackets with the original mirrors on my JKs and could hardly see anything out of the passenger side. Not an issue with these! I do need pliers to tighten them because I'm not strong enough, but maybe that's not a problem for the dudes.
I use vice grips. :blush: I've got some really bad hands from years of abusing them.

Visible15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
aFe Magnum Force Stage 2 Cold Air Intake w/Pro 5R filter and Borla Axle-Back exhaust S-Type installed today! Love the gruff yet low drone noise of the two, response seems a bit upp’d too which I’m pleased with

Photos later

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
You can find the kit at pretty much all of the normal retailers - Here's a link to the Terraflex site: https://teraflex.com/news_items/all...1-5-sport-st1-suspension-systems-have-arrived

I did the ST1 system that included the 2.1 Falcons. Per the recommendations on that site for 35" tires, I also purchased the bump stop strike pad kit. No springs included in this kit.

Just like you, I was looking for something mild. The stance with the 35's is great.
Thank you. So that kit is usable with the stock springs? Any issues (long term or short term) with doing that, versus some kits that have aftermarket springs too? What’s the advantage of either?

I’m guessing you love the way it rides? Better than before when you were stock?

Plastidipped the tow hooks. :like:

IMG_20190629_195653623.jpg
I love how this is something different!!!