www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Installed my new set of 35s on standard Rubi rims that I bought from great forum member @19 JLUR Bright Whit3 !
Love the new stance, I know it wouldn’t work well offroad but it works for us; they do rub when I’m turning the wheels to the max, I think I’ll need wheel spacers to fix it, and possibly a lift kit (was considering 2.5” spacer kit by RC (Not sure that’ll really fix the rubbing though).
Thoughts ?
Thanks Mike! You can also try getting a set of Rubicon suspension take-offs from a JLUR that came with a hard top/steel bumper/tow package. I've seen them on this forum for sale from $100 - $200. It supposedly lifts a Sport/Sahara a mild 1-1.5 inches.

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
Thanks Mike! You can also try getting a set of Rubicon suspension take-offs from a JLUR that came with a hard top/steel bumper/tow package. I've seen them on this forum for sale from $100 - $200. It supposedly lifts a Sport/Sahara a mild 1-1.5 inches.
Hey,
I was actually considering it but wasn’t sure what the actual outcome would be in terms of measurement; as in with a spacer kit I know for sure I’m getting 2.5”, anybody here could confirm what the outcome is ? :)
Planning on switching your suspension soon @19 JLUR Bright Whit3 ? Lol

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2.0L Billet JLR: Ordered 1/9. Delivered 2/13. Picked up 3/5.
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Did you have any issues getting the LCA skids to fit? I tried the passenger side for over an hour and it just would not go on.
I had mine installed at a shop. They didn't mention any issues, but that doesn't necessarily mean there were no problems.

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Firecracker Red, 2014 Durango, 1999 Honda CRV
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered JKS quick disconnects and the AJT key fob. Disconnects came in today and the key fob thing gets here Friday. Hopefully I can get the disconnects installed this weekend.

Also looking forward to having a smaller key fob. These stock fobs are huge! That and I hate getting stabbed by my key throughout the day. Lol.
I've gotta look into that smaller key fob. I hate big phones, wallets, etc ... so the JL key fob was a punch to the gut.

I love my JKS quicker disconnects! But, be sure to grease them with a grease gun & zerk fitting ... until you see grease starting to come out of the rubber bushing. I slacked on the grease step, and they were not quick to disconnect or reconnect ... such a pain trail side! Once I properly greased them, they continue to work like a charm. (you still have to reconnect them in a level spot though)

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Looks great! How do they attach to the grab handles? And as someone inquired, how is the vibration?
They attach with padded tube clamps. NO vibration, probably because they are attached to plastic grab handles, and the tube clamps have rubber protectors on them to keep from biting in to handles. They seem to keep position well.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Installed my new set of 35s on standard Rubi rims that I bought from great forum member @19 JLUR Bright Whit3 !
Love the new stance, I know it wouldn’t work well offroad but it works for us; they do rub when I’m turning the wheels to the max, I think I’ll need wheel spacers to fix it, and possibly a lift kit (was considering 2.5” spacer kit by RC (Not sure that’ll really fix the rubbing though).
Thoughts ?

6BBEE621-373D-48AA-A829-9C1A2FE1F3A7.jpeg
just adjust the steer stop bolt..

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
I've gotta look into that smaller key fob. I hate big phones, wallets, etc ... so the JL key fob was a punch to the gut.

I love my JKS quicker disconnects! But, be sure to grease them with a grease gun & zerk fitting ... until you see grease starting to come out of the rubber bushing. I slacked on the grease step, and they were not quick to disconnect or reconnect ... such a pain trail side! Once I properly greased them, they continue to work like a charm. (you still have to reconnect them in a level spot though)
Thanks for the tips, ill be sure to grease them up. In case you don't know about the key fob company, heres a link. You can customized the colors of the screws and buttons.

https://www.ajtdesign-llc.com/online-store/Wrangler-JL-c34349008

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Thoughts ?

6BBEE621-373D-48AA-A829-9C1A2FE1F3A7.jpeg
i can verify the JLU rubi take off suspension will get you 1.5" higher. i did this simple swap out about two months ago. It Made the ride quality so much better in the sport!

JxRYE

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ-7 Renegade, 2019 Jeep Wrangler MOAB
Plastidipped the hinges, trail rated logo, gas cover, and key holes black. Also added Molle-solutions overhead pannel (Strongly recommend the baby wipe molle bag on amazon to parents of young children or messy/spill prone people)
IMG_6960.jpg
IMG_6961.jpg
IMG_6962.jpg

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
I painted my Rock Hard front LCA glide plates to match my Rancho front diff glide plate.
20190626_163037.jpg
20190626_163135.jpg
Ordering the front LCA plates thanks to this post! What color paint did you use to match the Rancho diff plate?

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Hey! The new tires run a little more rigid than the c load tires that were stock but it’s not a substantial difference that I can feel on the road. The other thing you need to think about for ride quality and how the tires feel is the tire sidewall. The stock rim and tire sidewall height was 7.9” and with my new set up it’s 7.5”. The amount of rubber between rim and road is slightly less. If I had gone with 18s on the 35s I would have had 8.5” sidewall and it would ride smoother than my 20s. For me it’s a look, I like the look of 35s on 20s. Turning requires a little more effort on the steering wheel, because the amount of tire in contact with the road is more. The new tires are 12.5” width and old ones were 11.2”. It still turns on a dime but you do need to apply more effort to hit the turn. Overall though rides great with the rubicon suspension. I had a 2016 JKU sport previously and the f load tires compared to stock c load did ride stiffer and could be felt. Hope this helps!
Thanks for the info!

I've run 38-40x13.50r17 load C/D on my past few jeeps. I'm looking to buy a Gladiator so I figured I'd give 20s a shot. I'll most likely do 37x12.50. So there will be decent sidewall.

WES IV

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S 2 dr with hardtop. Firecracker Red.
Occupation
Going over the hills and far away

ds4888

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon - Sting Gray
Occupation
Advertising
Finally took it all off!! After owner 2 previous wranglers (TJ & JK), I'm finally able to take the doors off by myself. They are so light! I'm only 5'6", so the handles on the inside of the door make it so easy. I just fell in love with my jeep all over again.
IMG_1773.JPG

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I verified the dealer put in 5 quarts of oil change a few days ago. They put in 6 quarts the previous 2 oil changes. I called 4 random Jeep dealerships and asked how many quarts of oil a JL takes. All 4 said 6 quarts. Wrong. Right answer is 5. When I told them the JL manual said 5 quarts, they all got real defensive and said I was wrong. So I suggest that everyone who had a Jeep dealer change their oil to check their dipstick. Here is the oil thread where this has happened to other JL owners. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/reminder-5-quarts-of-oil-to-avoid-oil-overfill.14789/

Here is an example invoice from another JL owner of where the Jeep Dealership F'd up.

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 1.43.19 PM.png

From the JL Manual:

oil2.png

What 6 quarts looks like on the dip stick.

oil4.jpg

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/reminder-5-quarts-of-oil-to-avoid-oil-overfill.14789/