First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited, Sahara
Occupation
Federal Firefighter, Retired
Re-applied the ceramic coating I initially put on 11 months ago.
She still looks brand new.

IMG_7562.jpg

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Limited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

Sital

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys - Reign
I see a garage sale in your future, that will give you more room.

I feel ya brother I had one of the 1st ones before instructions were even available, it had to come apart 3 times and back together before I had it right.
I barely used the written directions, instead I went back and forth between YouTube videos by Diabolical and American Jeeper.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I barely used the written directions, instead I went back and forth between YouTube videos by Diabolical and American Jeeper.
I had one of the 1st made for the Sub ( ordered last Oct) which has a completely different installation process than the non sub versions, there were no youtube vids last Nov. no written instructions either. I followed a older JK video resulting in having to completely dismantle the slipstream (twice) after 95% complete where it took forever to get to that point. it was extremely frustrating. I just dismantled and put back together a 4th time when they sent new parts due to the flaws in the early production models.

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Great pictures was telling the wife about this really like it. How hard is it to take top deck off to load a dog up?

Installed my Diabolical Slipstream. I like it alot and it's well constructed, but not something I'd be real eager to install again, although I'm sure the second time would go quicker than the first.

IMG_3154 copy.jpg

IMG_3155.jpg

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder

I’m thinking something you thought would happen didn’t, my esteemed brother in chaos.
Check the link.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
What ceramic kit/product did you use? And what’s your overall opinion on the coating.
I know this question is for Sand Flea however here is some other input. I seriously considered having a professional ceramic install/application, it is important to note that there is considerable prep work prior to the coating, applying the coating is the easy part, prep not so much. if you have a a wrangler that has is a year or so old you will require some paint correction work. It also has to be stripped of any waxes or sealers.

Instead of Ceramic I chose to do a full 3M paint protection film wrap which carries a 10 year warranty as well it is a self healing product in the event of trail scratches.

The reason I did not do the ceramic only is it is really only good for a year or two and does not protect much against trail scratches or rock chips. basically ceramic creates a very smooth and shiny surface so you will have less need to wash and it will look fantastic for a year or two, however for offroad it is does not have much benefit except the mud will wash off easier your paint can still be scratched.

With 3M PPF films, you will not get rock chips or scratches and if the film fails it is covered for 10 years, in fact if you get damage to your paint 3M will pay up to $3500 to re paint, that is how durable PPF is.

I did PPF then with the new PPF installed there was no prep required so I did a DIY ceramic on top of the film for $100.

For street use ceramic is fantastic off road not so much...

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
1322E3F2-3A59-420D-ABF1-46F4F21F482A.jpeg
I’ve installed a pair of Baja Design Squadron Sport lights and Rough Country led bar.
Also I put a vinyl decal nick name on the hood (thank you Don, from Pixeldecals, great service and great products)

E4BFC7EE-A654-4E44-AD2C-41CC7E3C127D.jpeg
Love the name. We use to go to a bar in college called the Sundowner.

Sital

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys - Reign
Great pictures was telling the wife about this really like it. How hard is it to take top deck off to load a dog up?
It's real easy, you just have to pull out a total of, I think, 6 pins to remove the top deck completely. Or it's hinged and you can just fold it back against the back of the seats.

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

Brmbll007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)