First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
I’m real hit or miss and wasn’t interested in anything besides something that allowed use of the factory fog lights. The dv8 I had prior for that bill but this is awesome. I cut the factory fog harness and spliced in the light harness. It’s nice and clean, led lights are bright as heck too.

I’ll add more pics once I set the winch in

Roam has got things figured out now and when you see their winch frame, it’s more like metal art that belongs in an engineering magazine that something covered up by the bumper

Brett
If only @ROAM would develop this bumper with the ability to accommodate the factory fog lights, and a rear bumper that works with the factory hitch...

Last edited:

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
If only @ROAM would develop this bumper with the ability to accommodate the aftermarket fog lights, and a rear bumper that works with the factory hitch...
You can use rigid or other fog lights. The opening or mounting isn’t propriety or anything to roam.

Why do you want to retain the factory hitch? On the big trucks (f350/f450) where you can go from a 21k bumper hitch rating to like 10k rating I can see wanting to keep it but besides that am curious why you want it.

Brett

Hydroboy35th

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Sweet man, I would also like some details as @DickZip requested, looking to do this soon. I know it doesn’t have more horsepower, but does it feel like it does? Is more responsive off the line?
@DickZip sorry for the late reply fellas I was at the beach. My specs are 2dr. Rubicon 6spd. With a Teraflex ST1 lift (1.5in lift) Falcon shocks method 701 wheels wrapped in 35in. cooper stt pro’s. I’m beyond excited with how it drives with the 4.88’s I was going to get a Edelbrock supercharger when they came out with it but now I most likely won’t because I’m really satisfied with the way it drives now. Roky, as you know the gears don’t add any power but to answer your question...YES it does feel like it. And yes it’s more responsive off the line as well I haven’t done any hard launches though because I’m still in the break-in period my RPM’s at 65mph are around 2200 and 6th gear is useful again I can actually accelerate on the highway without shifting down to 5th or 4th now. And not that it matters to me that much but as a side bonus my MPG’s actually went UP around town and mild highway driving so far I’ve got 276miles on the new gears and I’m back to getting 18.5 average MPG was around 16mpg with the 4.10’s.

MandKM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘73 CJ5, ‘19 2-door JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Installed the tire carrier on my previously purchased Warn Elite rear bumper. Had to remove and reinstall the bumper during the install, which is a huge PITA. I recommend doing them both at the same time if anyone is planning on going this route. But it looks good now that all is said and done.

Next task is to install hilift jack bracket and rotopax mount.

AC69FB63-60E6-4245-8FCF-7819F519734C.jpeg

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@DickZip sorry for the late reply fellas I was at the beach. My specs are 2dr. Rubicon 6spd. With a Teraflex ST1 lift (1.5in lift) Falcon shocks method 701 wheels wrapped in 35in. cooper stt pro’s. I’m beyond excited with how it drives with the 4.88’s I was going to get a Edelbrock supercharger when they came out with it but now I most likely won’t because I’m really satisfied with the way it drives now. Roky, as you know the gears don’t add any power but to answer your question...YES it does feel like it. And yes it’s more responsive off the line as well I haven’t done any hard launches though because I’m still in the break-in period my RPM’s at 65mph are around 2200 and 6th gear is useful again I can actually accelerate on the highway without shifting down to 5th or 4th now. And not that it matters to me that much but as a side bonus my MPG’s actually went UP around town and mild highway driving so far I’ve got 276miles on the new gears and I’m back to getting 18.5 average MPG was around 16mpg with the 4.10’s.
Thanks bud, that’s great, can’t wait to do it.

Hydroboy35th

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks bud, that’s great, can’t wait to do it.
I had mine done at https://eastcoastgearsupply.com/ they’ve done at least 7 JL wranglers at the time of this writing. They are very knowledgeable and have a friendly staff with a nice shop and clean facility. If you like shooting guns there’s a gun range right across the street there’s also a place to go canoeing about a mile down the road. So you even have options while you’re waiting for the install to be done. I see you’re in central Florida which puts you about 8hrs and 30min. away from them which is exactly how far I am away from them being in central Ohio. It’s worth the little trip for peace of mind knowing it’ll be done by a reputable shop.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I had mine done at https://eastcoastgearsupply.com/ they’ve done at least 7 JL wranglers at the time of this writing. They are very knowledgeable and have a friendly staff with a nice shop and clean facility. If you like shooting guns there’s a gun range right across the street there’s also a place to go canoeing about a mile down the road. So you even have options while you’re waiting for the install to be done. I see you’re in central Florida which puts you about 8hrs and 30min. away from them which is exactly how far I am away from them being in central Ohio. It’s worth the little trip for peace of mind knowing it’ll be done by a reputable shop.
Thanks for the info, but I’m lucky enough to have a great 4x4 shop 20 minutes away. George’s Off Road Designs, he’s done over a hundred gear swaps over the years, besides I’m still thinking about doing it myself....:facepalm:

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
You can use rigid or other fog lights. The opening or mounting isn’t propriety or anything to roam.

Why do you want to retain the factory hitch? On the big trucks (f350/f450) where you can go from a 21k bumper hitch rating to like 10k rating I can see wanting to keep it but besides that am curious why you want it.

Brett
My bad. I’m not sure why I typed aftermarket...I meant factory LED fog lights. I already paid for the LED package and I like it, so I don’t want to spend more money switching them out, plus I, don’t like the look of square fog lights. As with the hitch, I already have the factory hitch. I don’t want to have to remove something I already paid for to replace it with something basically identical. Personal preference, maybe laziness in not wanting the extra work. Wither way, I’m not sure why so many bumper manufacturers insist on incorporating their own hitch.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
My bad. I’m not sure why I typed aftermarket...I meant factory LED fog lights. I already paid for the LED package and I like it, so I don’t want to spend more money switching them out, plus I, don’t like the look of square fog lights. As with the hitch, I already have the factory hitch. I don’t want to have to remove something I already paid for to replace it with something basically identical. Personal preference, maybe laziness in not wanting the extra work. Wither way, I’m not sure why so many bumper manufacturers insist on incorporating their own hitch.
The factory hitch is nothing special, and they sell quick on the clasdifieds here.

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
I gave her a bath and a quick spray on wax. She looks amazing dirty or clean. :involve::involve:

20190526_111805.jpg

20190526_111752.jpg

20190526_111723.jpg

20190526_111712.jpg

20190526_111739.jpg