What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

LUV2JEEP

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 F150 XLT
Installed Brawlee rear glass lift gate dome light. Near how it's curved to match rear glass perfectly. Not sure if wiring it to dome circuit or continuous circuit would be better.

PHOTO_20190425_213712.jpg

Jeepney18

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Corolla S, 2018 JL Sport S Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Do you recommend them? Also, got a link for that flashlight mount? It looks great!
Here's the link for the flashlight. I would recommend the quick release screws. Don't have to take out the tools to unscrew it and I can hang grocery bags from them. They so sell a cover attachment but I didn't get it.

mandrew

First Name
Andrew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Realigned the tailgate and replaced the stock stabilizer with RC N3.

Reactions: RTJ

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
Backup for The Stig
Vehicle Showcase

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solutions Architect

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
...removed Teraflex rear trackbar relocation bracket.
rustyshakelford informed me bracket's purpose is to allow lifted vehicles to use factory trackbar. Since I'm using an adjustable trackbar the bracket isn't needed. I was thinking the bracket's purpose was to make trackbar more horizontal
While it's true that trackbar brackets allow you to retain the OEM trackbar, it's also true they make the trackbar be more parallel to the ground, reducing body roll.

TXRobD

First Name
Rob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma, 2018 JLUR Sting Gray
@jedisrus I’m not a huge fan of the back and how everything fits together. The bottom tabs on the back window do not stay up under the lip. I love riding around with just the back window out (yes, I’m aware it’s not recommend for exhaust fumes ect), but I’m hesitant to do so. It’s not convenient to put things in the back cargo area. Having to undo both sides, then flip the thing up isn’t as easy as zipping the zippers to the corners on either side. I was not overly impressed with the instructions and the ease of the install. I used to always remove the black plastic trim on my older TJs and JKs because I liked the “plainer” look. I am just going to have to get used to seeing the “hardware” when the top is down.

There are some positives... I do like the “safari” option this top offers. The fact you don’t need to undo the sun visors to latch or unlatch the front is convenient. You can flip the top back in about 2 seconds. I also understand the JL was designed for the average consumer, which I am not. I’m sure most guys and gals love the functionality.

Some people would die to have the problems we have. All first world problems, I know.
Reading this makes me glad I went with the hard top only. I had to get a hoist in my garage and it takes a little effort to go topless but I think it's worth the effort. It's super easy to lift up the glass window and put stuff in the back.

spurly

First Name
Zach
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
I installed the Metalcloak steering stabilizer relocation bracket and their FAD skid plate. It's no doubt a beefy system but I seemed to have a hell of a time getting it installed. And now, my steering wheel is off to the left a bit?!?!?! I have no idea why or how that would get screwed up if I didn't adjust anything.....

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Applied 3M anti-squeak tape to rear tailgate. Virtually invisible. No more constant annoying squeaking coming from the rear hatch (that drove me nuts). Not that one expects a Jeep to be "quiet"... the constant and never-ending squeaking could only be drowned out by the radio (or driving faster than 65). Quite possibly the most sanity saving upgrade I've done.

Picture below with tape applied. Nearly invisible though you can see a few of the air bubbles that should fade with time. Since you won't see it when the tailgate is closed I don't really care.

$20 on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/0-125-5-5430...+5+yard&qid=1556287711&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmr0

IMG_1505.JPG

Freeland Jeep