What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

MTKMAN

First Name
Ryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 MOAB
Vehicle Showcase
I'm really a fan of these wheels. Do you know how much heavier they are than stock, and is the +25mm offset enough or do you get tire rub at full lock?
I read somewhere that they weighed 31lbs. I had Ridge Grapplers on the Mopar wheels and my gas mileage didn’t change when I went to the larger tires on these wheels. I’d assume that means they are damn close to the factory ones.

Darter02

First Name
Ron
Reaction score
Website
www.ronlutzii-photographer.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Photographer
I like the looks of the Slipstream. Can you still put the freedom panels in the back of the jeep with the Slipstream in place?
I had to place it on top of the slipstream. I kept it in place using a couple of these Husky Hang All clips strapped to my roll bars. They attached to the strap that usually goes around the back seat headrests. I'll also strap it down to the tie down rails. It's a very tight fit with the hardtop on.

IMG_20190424_182248.jpg

IMG_20190424_182316.jpg

Darter02

First Name
Ron
Reaction score
Website
www.ronlutzii-photographer.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Photographer
I'm sure I'm not the first one to have done this but HF sells these rubber "diamond plate" treads for less than $3. One strip will do 2 sides, cut in half down the middle

IMG_20190424_102503862.jpg

IMG_20190424_101758357.jpg
Link??

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 2019 Subaru Ascent
Vehicle Showcase

rustyshakelford

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brett
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350

LUV2JEEP

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 F150 XLT
Whats the main purpose/reason for a dual battery setup?
1. I plan to run fridge, lighting, stereo etc when vehicle isn't running so I wanted more AHs. This kit doubles the AHs over OEM. I'll probably just leave fridge running 24/7. It's handy for grocery store trips during my lunch break and I don't have to run home to put everything in fridge. Probably will also be better for winch long term.
2. OEM battery is not a deep cycle battery (at least I've never seen one on a new vehicle). If you drain it a handful of times it will die. These Odyssey batteries are good for 400 deep discharges to 80%.
3. This kit restrains battery better. Most of you are aware of the accident at Eastern Jeep Safari. The OEM battery was dangling out.
4. I wanted a setup that ensured I wouldn't over discharge my starting battery and leave me stranded.
5. I prefer AGM batteries.

Last edited:

LUV2JEEP

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 F150 XLT
Turned out great! Super clean install. Any tips?

Brett
It was actually really easy. I just put Genesis YouTube video up in front of me on phone (Bluetooth to garage stereo system helped). Took maybe 2 hrs, but I was taking it easy to make sure I didn't miss anything. I think the only step that would scare anyone is the removal of fuse panel, but it was not a big deal. Video was really good. Just don't drop screws down into engine bay. We all know what happens. You listen for the noise of screw hitting ground, but the noise never comes........

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 2019 Subaru Ascent
Vehicle Showcase
1. I plan to run fridge, lighting, stereo etc when vehicle isn't running so I wanted more AHs. This kit doubles the AHs over OEM. I'll probably just leave fridge running 24/7. It's handy for grocery store trips during my lunch break and I don't have to run home to put everything in fridge. Probably will also be better for winch long term.
2. OEM battery is not a deep cycle battery (at least I've never seen one on a new vehicle). If you drain it a handful of times it will die. These Odyssey batteries are good for 400 deep discharges to 80%.
3. This kit restrains battery better. Most of you are aware of the accident at Eastern Jeep Safari.
4. I wanted a setup that ensured I wouldn't over discharge my starting battery and leave me stranded.
5. I prefer AGM batteries.
Makes sense and thanks for the explanation. Thats pretty cool about the fridge idea. I can see the benefits of running that. Good luck with everything!

brazos

First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
I took out the back seat. Camped and wheeled for 5 days in Big Bend NP last week, and decided it had to go. I’m going to build a 6” platform for my gear storage, cut a 4” memory foam mattress topper to fit, get it upholstered, and be ready to go camping at the drop of a hat.

A530B8BC-A7CA-4F3D-97BF-5D3B0487452A.jpeg
I may still build a raised platform, but I may not.
This was a piece of cake, took all of a half-hour, and gives me a flat floor from the front seats to the tailgate.
50cal ammo cans are the perfect height to support the front of the platform, and it’s held down by two of the seat attachment points.
All of my tools and recovery gear fit underneath, in the floorboards.
I’m going to paint it black.
Btw, I made NO alterations to the Jeep. I could have the seat back in in a half hour, with no sign that it had ever been removed.

FA828FEA-B90A-496A-A462-191DBA8B6884.jpeg

Last edited:
Tri-City Jeep