What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
RC dual stabilizer. Not as much of a difference as I hoped for.

IMG_20190422_220539.jpg

Last edited:

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
Reattached the sway bar and add the Steersmarts Yeti HD track bar. It rides just like it did from the factory (if not better). Iā€™d highly recommend this setup to anyone for the on road quality.
Real question, if it rides just like factory why spend money on this?

LUV2JEEP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 F150 XLT
Installed synthetic rope with Factor 55 splicer mount. Used Factor 55 FID tool to resplice the rope. It was easy. Now if I break the rope on the trail I can easily fix. I should probably go to bed.... At what point does a hobby transition to an addiction?? When should I seek counseling? These are the questions I ponder late in the evening hours.......

PHOTO_20190422_184801.jpg

Jeep creep

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU wrangler 2011 JKU Wrangler 2015 Grand Cherokee
Well, not today exactly, but yesterday..... and then some more this morning.

Baby got new shoes yesterday, or would that be socks?>?.
I have never had a vehicle with stock wheels; ever. So even though my OB JLUR came with the upgrade wheels. And even with Spidertrax WHS024 1 3/4" Wheel Spacers, it till looked way too stock for me. So, at the 4-Wheel Parts Expo last weekend I found a wheel that was a big departure from the stock offerings: KMC XD Series XD137 FMJ Wheels - Satin Black with Dark Tinted Clear Coat. BTW the spacers came off for this installation, sadly they were only on for about four weeks. But the Loctite gave the guys a challenge in removal.

Funny thing though, and I didn't realize it until after they were installed. These wheels have a "center cap" that completely covers the spindle nut and the lug nuts. Makes for a clean look but isn't quite designed to be compatible with the rear view camera. I laughed as I backed out of the parking place after installation. I actually watched the tech install the cover right over the camera and it didn't occur to me what I'd just witnessed until I saw the beautifully rendered backup guide-lines on a completely black display on the screen.:blush:

I fixed that little oversight today. And since I never really liked the look of the spare mounted with only three lug nuts, and leaving two blank holes in the wheel, I think this solves that nicely as well. I removed the center cap and traced the pattern on to a piece of textured ABS sheet. I then drilled a 2" hole in the center for the camera to peek out of. I think it looks pretty nice and hides all the unsightly wheel holes and missing lug nuts.

And borrowing (blatantly copying) the Spare Tire Bump Stop mod, I got that done this morning to compensate for the different wheel offset as well.

I'm also diggin' the OCD console organizer. Really adds functionality to the bottomless pit of a center console.

Oh, and one more thing. The H3 fire extinguisher came yesterday, so that is now snugly mounted to the roll bar.

41cbu9enTK6Jz3j8TMBH%g.jpg

G+ooT53lRdu%%QauMeCbhA.jpg

IiWfrH%cRxuI+xR8IdLqWA.jpg

fullsizeoutput_1e55.jpeg

lEL9yDvaR4mtekMPsJXPeA.jpg

JVpigFfyRVWk%xzAs5cU9g.jpg

nMlvLlpoTEmuyUct3Zh2JQ.jpg

MbpVQ2R4SZ+osYhFbgFD5w.jpg

QdzOon8pStChCRf5eGxRzA.jpg

ZehocNyOSVaZ7pIeWYfYhw.jpg

FApGyWLxSmWZMrkhSJCHWQ.jpg

Sh+tX%2MSRKezK%BRIHiXg.jpg

DKflmp0eQkaSYBljybJMuA.jpg

fv391cE5R5q1UL4iSdca6Q.jpg

j8bjfUo3RNOZNAJJ4i+lIg.jpg

wXbHa5PzRBCgtGhNgb7XMQ.jpg

XVYhfAjwTqexG%uW%+e1Nw.jpg

cG468UGsR6OiI0Y1KhDwgw.jpg

NXs6AzE7SsGg+T0hUGT9lA.jpg

t%nMz7eBSXqThTyq00QE0A.jpg

I love the wheels! I have the same jeep and was thinking of getting rid of my Fuel wheels for the same ones you got. I think the red inner with a blue outer ring would look dope!

Cookiedawg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
F854DCE5-4028-43DE-B74B-E3A7B0B19C07.jpeg
E1200F7D-5490-4FD6-A75D-AFA9AA39537F.jpeg
24B36900-B2E1-4C55-BA1E-4986B285F93F.jpeg
4344B635-D68E-40ED-9CFC-7531CA5D468A.jpeg
Added teraflex 2.5 inch lift, falcon 2.1 shocks, falcon steering stabilizer, alpine lower adjustable control arms, front and rear track bar relocation brackets, 35 inch k02s and 17ā€ method grid wheels.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Upgrading to the high-line fenders was a pain. Somehow I got the wrong Left Rear fender with their kit. It took an additional 3 orders from the dealer and 4 weeks to find the correct part # for the left rear fender but today I was able to install the correct fender. I feel bad for my paint guy, he had to paint these fenders 3 different times.

Here 3 are different fenders

- one is a shara fender
- one is like a Sahara fender but with a wider lip in the molding (it looks like EVO gladiator rear fender)
- the bottom one is the actual high-line Rubicon fender.

B55F901A-742B-42B6-8426-E791CCA2F9B3.jpeg

View attachment 170556
feel worse for your wallet.. unless the store paid for the painting..

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Installed atlas door steps and removed Teraflex rear trackbar relocation bracket.
rustyshakelford informed me bracket's purpose is to allow lifted vehicles to use factory trackbar. Since I'm using an adjustable trackbar the bracket isn't needed. I was thinking the bracket's purpose was to make trackbar more horizontal.

PHOTO_20190422_155925.jpg

PHOTO_20190422_170627.jpg

PHOTO_20190422_170641.jpg

PHOTO_20190422_175516.jpg
Did you paint the steps?

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
removed Teraflex rear trackbar relocation bracket.
rustyshakelford informed me bracket's
From @TTEChris ā€Ideally you want to raise the front and rear roll center with any lift, keeping it close to stock.ā€.

And @anotheraznguy ā€Track bars just center the axle however these relocation brackets raise the roll center which decreases body roll.ā€

Appears thereā€™s more to it and the brackets serve more purpose.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rear-track-bar-relocation-bracket-questions.19474/

Last edited:

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
feel worse for your wallet.. unless the store paid for the painting..
They didnā€™t.... they didnā€™t charge me for the second pair of painting and gave me a good deal on the 3rd so it wasnā€™t that bad. I donā€™t think they made much money off of me and I kind of felt bad for them because they were so helpful.

MTKMAN

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 4xe, 21 Range Rover HSE,
Vehicle Showcase
Real question, if it rides just like factory why spend money on this?
Thatā€™s a great question... I havenā€™t had the opportunity to drive it on the beach yet, my assumption is it will ride a lot better in an ā€œoff-roadā€ environment.
For me, looks matter. This accomplishes the lifted Jeep look, without screaming ā€œhey Iā€™m a lifted Jeep at Target, look at me.

I needed extra clearance for my 35x12.5 tires to fit on the Sahara platform. Iā€™ve had lifted Jeeps in the past, and never had the on road quality of ride retained this set up accomplished. In comparison to the spacers with the factory shocks, the ride quality and handling is much improved.

Last edited:

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Installed synthetic rope with Factor 55 splicer mount. Used Factor 55 FID tool to resplice the rope. It was easy. Now if I break the rope on the trail I can easily fix. I should probably go to bed.... At what point does a hobby transition to an addiction?? When should I seek counseling? These are the questions I ponder late in the evening hours.......

PHOTO_20190422_184801.jpg
If youā€™re asking these questions, itā€™s to late, you need help... :giggle: I know this because Iā€™m in Jeep mod recovery. The worst thing you can do now is go out on a trail run with a group, because youā€™re gonna see stuff you didnā€™t think about and youā€™ll have to have it.....:facepalm:.........:)