First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys, 2019 Cherokee Limited
Occupation
Structural Engineer
I don't think taking 1 tire off and putting it back on accomplishes the same goal. 😄
Does it count if I rotate it 180degrees first :CWL:
Sponsored

fuelfox4949

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon JL
Occupation
Capt of the Wiggle Wagons.
Added front and rear grimm off road steel brakeline and got some fresh fluid in the system.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 20230605_163653

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 20230605_163619

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 20230605_163642

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Added the bike rack for the first time for a quick trip down to the Oregon coast for the weekend. Luckily I had a 4in drop/rise hitch receiver on the RV that I could use to lower the rack to allow the door to swing. This way I only have to remove the bikes to open the door. Still a pain but better than having to also take off the rack.

Was fun to get out on our e-bikes.

Of course still had to make MickeyD’s stop because my better half is addicted to their iced mochas… :facepalm:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? IMG_4612

Sponsored

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Okay I will give you that. :blush:
I'm thinking of one for that exact reason. Or rather - we had a freak pop up thunderstorm/hail/downpour combo yesterday while I was at work with my upperless half doors and no windows in. My top was up, but I still came out to water in the footwells up past the slush mats and the entirety of the carpets and seating areas soaked. Cab cover would have saved my ass, and could've kept it in nice weather mode.

In keeping with the thread, I pulled the drain plugs yesterday and enjoyed a nice, soaked drive home before the wife and I used all the dirty towels in the house to dry up what we could. Today's calling for upper 80s and sun, so I dropped the top and will let nature dry out whatever I missed.

AncientCityJL

First Name
Coop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR and 2022 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
amateur tattoo artist and semi-professional race car driver
Installed MetalCloak's DuroSpring Upper Rear Bump Stop Replacements. It was only a 5-minute job but I just now got around to it. This is the easiest mod a person can do to their JL and that is no joke. The old bumps came off in about 3 seconds each - with slip-joint pliers. And the new cloaked bumps went on by hand in about 25 seconds. That's it. Easy as you please. If you want an easy win, do this mod. Even if you haven't done a lift yet, install these. You'll benefit from the tech and it'll be a great groundbreaker or warmup for more difficult to-dos on your build list.

I haven't done the fronts yet because I'm not sure what I'm doing up there. I may be swapping out my 4.5" Metalcloak dual rates for some 5.5" dualies. Or I may be putting in shims. So I'll put the cloaked bumps in at the same time.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? Coop_2020JL_RearBump1

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? Coop_2020JL_RearBump2

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? Coop_2020JL_RearBump3

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Installed MetalCloak's DuroSpring Upper Rear Bump Stop Replacements. It was only a 5-minute job but I just now got around to it. This is the easiest mod a person can do to their JL and that is no joke. The old bumps came off in about 3 seconds each - with slip-joint pliers. And the new cloaked bumps went on by hand in about 25 seconds. That's it. Easy as you please. If you want an easy win, do this mod. Even if you haven't done a lift yet, install these. You'll benefit from the tech and it'll be a great groundbreaker or warmup for more difficult to-dos on your build list.

I haven't done the fronts yet because I'm not sure what I'm doing up there. I may be swapping out my 4.5" Metalcloak dual rates for some 5.5" dualies. Or I may be putting in shims. So I'll put the cloaked bumps in at the same time.

FWIW: I've read that these are supposed to add an inch of bump stop.

AncientCityJL

First Name
Coop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR and 2022 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
amateur tattoo artist and semi-professional race car driver
FWIW: I've read that these are supposed to add an inch of bump stop.
Yeah, or take up that slack, right? That's why I included that pic. So you could see the difference - it's kind of a lot.

I also added all the pucks Matsonian and his guys throw in the box with the 4.5" kit. I have to keep these 40s from eating all the girl's sheet metal.

Sponsored

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLR, '13 Juke Nismo, '88 10th Anny RX7
2dr overlanding is all about miniaturization and weight, especially if also a ‘toad’. I think I might be becoming an expert here (is that proper English?). Actually thinking about creating a thread on this subject to share notes.
We are still on our journey to downsize out camping gear so yes bestow your wisdom on us lol.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
got new tires installed today. 255/75/17 bfg a/t. (32x10x17).
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 20230609_171347[1]

also new ball joints too. dynatrac ball joints.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 20230609_172629[1]

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
took a ride on the new bfg. what a difference on the ride.
Sponsored