First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Build Thread
Link
My tires took 2 weeks to arrive. The wheels I wanted are backordered for 2 months, so are the lug nuts. Rear bumper 2 weeks. Gosh dang geographical oddity 2 weeks from everywhere!
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
My tires took 2 weeks to arrive. The wheels I wanted are backordered for 2 months, so are the lug nuts. Rear bumper 2 weeks. Gosh dang geographical oddity 2 weeks from everywhere!
If indeed the wheels are 2 months out, but are really the ones you want I'd wait it out.

VyralPandemic

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2023 JL
Looks good! Any plans for larger, MT tires or anything?
This will my DD for the next few years. After that I plan on going further on the upgrades.
For now just Nitto Recon Grapplers 285/70R17 on Rugged Ridge XHD Gunmetal Gray Wheel; 17x8.5.

Sponsored

Zippity

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport 2dr 2019
FINALLY got time to put on the bumper that's been sitting in my mud room for the last 4 months. Of course like everything in life, unexpected delays made it take way longer than it should have, so I didn't have time to put the winch on today, but that'll be next weekend.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? IMG_1827

I love that bumper. Which one is it?

Killerbell

First Name
Jeremi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler
The lift is just a stock 4xe springs and shocks. Netted about 2 1/2 inches. Tires are the 285/70/17. @Flip

Tethmes

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLWS
Occupation
Management
I love that bumper. Which one is it?
Barricade trekker. I liked that it was half way between full width and stubby, and that the winch plate sits down low. And i wanted something with more subdued styling so this ticked every box for me. Added benefit of being on the more affordable side, so we'll have to see how that translates to longevity on the powdercoat/rust end of things. But for now very happy with it.

Zippity

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport 2dr 2019
Barricade trekker. I liked that it was half way between full width and stubby, and that the winch plate sits down low. And i wanted something with more subdued styling so this ticked every box for me. Added benefit of being on the more affordable side, so we'll have to see how that translates to longevity on the powdercoat/rust end of things. But for now very happy with it.
Yes, I agree about the width. I don't want a stubby or full width, so that's perfect. I want that to me my next upgrade. Also, I saw your new winch in the other post, so it looks great. Thanks for the details and enjoy it!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Similar to my Quadratec, like you, checked every box that I wanted, although installing the fog lights wasn't something that made me happy :(

IMG_0897.JPG

Sponsored

Tethmes

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLWS
Occupation
Management
Yes, I agree about the width. I don't want a stubby or full width, so that's perfect. I want that to me my next upgrade. Also, I saw your new winch in the other post, so it looks great. Thanks for the details and enjoy it!
Can't wait to see pics when you get it! Tag me in case I miss it.

Similar to my Quadratec, like you, checked every box that I wanted, although installing the fog lights wasn't something that made me happy :(

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? IMG_0897.JPG
Putting the fogs in this one was an annoyance, but pretty minor. Second worst part was having no room to work on the back side of the brackets. The worst part was getting the harness out of the stock one. There was overspray from my oil undercoat all over the bumper so it was messy as hell... Oh, and then I got careless at the end of the install and ended up severing the harness in half (Don't ask...). So I have to splice that back together still. All part of the fun I guess lol.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Putting the fogs in this one was an annoyance, but pretty minor. Second worst part was having no room to work on the back side of the brackets. The worst part was getting the harness out of the stock one. There was overspray from my oil undercoat all over the bumper so it was messy as hell... Oh, and then I got careless at the end of the install and ended up severing the harness in half (Don't ask...). So I have to splice that back together still. All part of the fun I guess lol.

Yeah, w/ my winch installed it will be a pretty major PITA if I have to remove the entire grill, I was able to pull the top half out enough to remove my old headlights and install new ones but that's about it. I believe I will have to replace my radiator in the not too distant future, so that will be a joy :(
Oh well, these things can truly be a labor of love I suppose :) Good luck w/ that harness, hopefully that's a simple fix!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nemisis inner fenders front and rear, quake fender chop lights, 3.5" teraflex springs and obviously a fender chop.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? PXL_20230507_174251886
Wow, now that's something to aspire to, so sublime!!!