What did you do to your 2dr today?

Killerbell

First Name
Jeremi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler
Added 4xE suspension to my Willys. If anyone was wondering, the 4xE suspension (shocks and springs) works perfectly on the 2 door. It also had the steel bumper so the springs may be a little stiffer. As far as ride, it rides better than stock. The only thing I noticed a difference on was speed bumps. Just much more stiff. I failed to get stock fender height (if anyone can measure for me, that would be great) so I’m not sure how much lift it gave. I would guess around 2-2 1/2 inches. The picture shows the difference in the front with the 4xE and the rear still stock. No I’m not into that Carolina squat bs. I haven’t taken any pictures with the full lift yet. I’ll grab one in the morning. Got the suspension for free from a buddy that did coilovers on his 4xE. Now to figure out wheels and tires.

IMG_1743.jpeg

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
I swapped out the factory soft top for a @Bestop Trektop Slantback today. Picked it up from another forum member $400. He only had it on his for about 1200 miles!

I had the soft top, yes, BUT
I really like the Fastback look. I REALLY like the bestop sunrider. You can flip it forward and backward very easily from inside the vehicle. You don't get as much sun as with the factory sunrider. But I never have backseat passengers, so I think the sacrifice is worth the ease of operation.
Plus the rear quarter windows are snapped in, and the rear window is zippered in. SO those super windy Colorado days where I'm occasionally feeling sketched out about my windows on the highway... Completely alleviated.

That said, now I have a factory soft top to sell.

IMG_0393.jpg

Eznk

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL - 1948 Willys Delivery

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
LOL...love it! Unfortunately, I can't seem to find this item on Amazon. Could you please provide a link? Also...did you have to buy a rivet tool to install the new rivets, or are they a different type of fastener that doesn't require it? Really appreciate your assistance and happy Jeepin'. Nice work!
I'm fairly certain those would just be the plastic rivets like the grill and bumper inserts are secured with.

Sponsored

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
New wheels are finally on! Had to get the XR flares and XL Rokblokz on first. Glad I went with the XLs.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? IMG_0393
Wow...love the wheels! Makes the whole rig look a little retro and a little military. Would look good in Sting Gray as well. Were those painted to match?

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm fairly certain those would just be the plastic rivets like the grill and bumper inserts are secured with.
OK thanks. I was thinking they'd be the same rivets that are already on that part of the fender flare, like other extensions. Just wanted to confirm if I need a rivet gun or not.

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
OK thanks. I was thinking they'd be the same rivets that are already on that part of the fender flare, like other extensions. Just wanted to confirm if I need a rivet gun or not.
Naw, the fenders are plastic. A rivet gun would just blow the plastic apart most likely.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Gladiator Sport S, '22 Gobi JLR
Wow...love the wheels! Makes the whole rig look a little retro and a little military. Would look good in Sting Gray as well. Were those painted to match?
No, these are dessert sand from the factory, they are Black Rhino Armory wheels. I got them because they match our Gobi color.

Black Rhino has a lot of really nice high quality wheels in various colors to match our compliment her colors, including Gator and Sarge.

Sponsored

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Naw, the fenders are plastic. A rivet gun would just blow the plastic apart most likely.
For metal rivets yes...but there is a gun that is specifically made for plastic rivets, and is commonly used for the type that are already installed in the JL's factory fenders. There are other methods of installing those rivets with two sets of pliers, etc., but I'd prefer to do it with the right tool, depending on whether those same rivets are required for installation.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
Added 4xE suspension to my Willys. If anyone was wondering, the 4xE suspension (shocks and springs) works perfectly on the 2 door. It also had the steel bumper so the springs may be a little stiffer. As far as ride, it rides better than stock. The only thing I noticed a difference on was speed bumps. Just much more stiff. I failed to get stock fender height (if anyone can measure for me, that would be great) so I’m not sure how much lift it gave. I would guess around 2-2 1/2 inches. The picture shows the difference in the front with the 4xE and the rear still stock. No I’m not into that Carolina squat bs. I haven’t taken any pictures with the full lift yet. I’ll grab one in the morning. Got the suspension for free from a buddy that did coilovers on his 4xE. Now to figure out wheels and tires.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? IMG_0393
Great job. This is the route I went and I’m happy with it, too.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
Yes you do. Go to harbor freight and get their little rivet tool. Made the job much easier!
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? IMG_1963

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Gladiator Sport S, '22 Gobi JLR
That's the tool I was thinking of! Thanks for the info and happy Jeepin!
This is the rivet tool I used on mine:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SC9RLNB?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

These are the plastic rivets I used on mine, worked well:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D6JXC4Q?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

I also suggest a removal tool as to not gouge everything with a flathead, I've wanted a set for a bit so I got this:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071XVLWZV?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
Sponsored