Vehicle Showcase

maestro5531

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 HydroBlue TRX , 23 HydroBlue JL Willys
I got tired of how much the door seals suck on the JL and decided to do what many Ford guys do. I ran surgical tubing between the areas where factory seal is soft and under any wind will not seal properly. Finally the door shuts firm and when you push on the seal from the inside, it does not let light and wind noise in.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 20230326_140322

20230326_140319.jpg

20230326_140327.jpg

Sponsored

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLR, '13 Juke Nismo, '88 10th Anny RX7
Project started last week and finish Saturday but oh well.

Picked up the Rustys LCA and Rancho Shock sliders a few weeks ago. Hated the red on the Rancho and know I want bronze accents for the Sarge paint so got with the painter here at work and found a Volvo color that works nicely. He went on vacation 2 weeks ago so I had to wait for him to get back last week to get them painted.

Chips and then painted before and after clear.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? chips
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? chips in sun
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? color code

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? before clear
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? After Clear

They have some AWESOME flake in them that probably never be seen lol. OH well this is really all just for me anyway I suppose.

Put them on Saturday and I really like the way they look, nice and subtle but if you know its there its kinda obvious. The Rustys LCA sliders are amazing and install was a breeze, the Rancho ones not so much. The angle on them isn't quite right and had to really put some ass into it to get them lined up but once on they are pretty awesome, really like the 2nd bolt that holds the control arm as well as the shock.

Gonna save the paint code and have whatever wheels I end up with powder coated in it to match everything I end up painting that color. Ill probably end up masking off the red on the Jeep logo and paint it, and the red inside the trail rated badges this week sometime.

The biggest question is it too much to paint the @CavFab_mfg Stubby front and micro rear bumpers in. Hope by the end of hte year to have both of those on and will probably have to test it to see.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? LCA
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? Shock

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
One of my Beamtechs in the headlights died. A little disappointed because they are not that old. Does anyone have another bulb replacement they would recommend?

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
Project started last week and finish Saturday but oh well.

Picked up the Rustys LCA and Rancho Shock sliders a few weeks ago. Hated the red on the Rancho and know I want bronze accents for the Sarge paint so got with the painter here at work and found a Volvo color that works nicely. He went on vacation 2 weeks ago so I had to wait for him to get back last week to get them painted.

Chips and then painted before and after clear.

They have some AWESOME flake in them that probably never be seen lol. OH well this is really all just for me anyway I suppose.

Put them on Saturday and I really like the way they look, nice and subtle but if you know its there its kinda obvious. The Rustys LCA sliders are amazing and install was a breeze, the Rancho ones not so much. The angle on them isn't quite right and had to really put some ass into it to get them lined up but once on they are pretty awesome, really like the 2nd bolt that holds the control arm as well as the shock.

Gonna save the paint code and have whatever wheels I end up with powder coated in it to match everything I end up painting that color. Ill probably end up masking off the red on the Jeep logo and paint it, and the red inside the trail rated badges this week sometime.

The biggest question is it too much to paint the @CavFab_mfg Stubby front and micro rear bumpers in. Hope by the end of hte year to have both of those on and will probably have to test it to see.

Those came out really nice. I also thought about painting my rancho skids but now have kind of grown to like the red.

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those came out really nice. I also thought about painting my rancho skids but now have kind of grown to like the red.
Thanks!

Yea Im not a huge fan of christmas in general so the red with the green had to go lol. Bumpers are sometime this year and the Jeep badges on the side will be painted hopefully in the next week or 2. I can deal with the red interior as you dont really see most of it and the separation lets me see past it lol.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Thanks!

Yea Im not a huge fan of christmas in general so the red with the green had to go lol. Bumpers are sometime this year and the Jeep badges on the side will be painted hopefully in the next week or 2. I can deal with the red interior as you dont really see most of it and the separation lets me see past it lol.
giphy.gif

The shocks and muffler are also crying out for paint... 😈

Sponsored

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? giphy

The shocks and muffler are also crying out for paint... 😈
lol Yea the muffler may get some high temp black eventually and the shocks will eventually be replaced with the Falcons. But those are a good ways off in the future sadly.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
lol Yea the muffler may get some high temp black eventually and the shocks will eventually be replaced with the Falcons. But those are a good ways off in the future sadly.
The muffler can be done in an afternoon... I thought it made a great difference.

Dgr401

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S - Granite Crystal
Occupation
Retired
The muffler can be done in an afternoon... I thought it made a great difference.
I saw a JL with the muffler painted black the other day, it really made a nice difference. I think I will do mine in a few weeks when the weather feels more like Spring than it does now.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I saw a JL with the muffler painted black the other day, it really made a nice difference. I think I will do mine in a few weeks when the weather feels more like Spring than it does now.
Yeah, left unpainted it looks like you're trying to steal a beer keg from a frat party under there :)
Sponsored