What did you do to your 2dr today?

kakwvu

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Finally got all of the hardware to secure the front skid. Pods go on next, just need to buy the right bit to drill out the switch pro mount hole in the grab handle, and punch a hole through the firewall plug.

Also ordered a Motobilt rear bumper and tag relocation bracket during their sale.

A9AB18F8-00C4-493E-9006-10ED5EBDE031.jpeg

Sponsored

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Finally got all of the hardware to secure the front skid. Pods go on next, just need to buy the right bit to drill out the switch pro mount hole in the grab handle, and punch a hole through the firewall plug.

Also ordered a Motobilt rear bumper and tag relocation bracket during their sale.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? A9AB18F8-00C4-493E-9006-10ED5EBDE031
Are you installing the grab handle switch? If so, go through driverā€™s side firewall. There are options for auto or manual trans that will avoid risking the harness in the passenger footwell.

kakwvu

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Are you installing the grab handle switch? If so, go through driverā€™s side firewall. There are options for auto or manual trans that will avoid risking the harness in the passenger footwell.
Yeah, thatā€™s the one. I was going to look for a rubber grommet to install instead of laying RTV or something down to seal instead before pushing it through with a punch.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Yeah, thatā€™s the one. I was going to look for a rubber grommet to install instead of laying RTV or something down to seal instead before pushing it through with a punch.
Here is a link for a stick shift. Otherwise the hole were the clutch *would* go is easier to access if you have an auto trans.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
The road to hell is paved with good intentions. I got new washers and nuts for the front skid hangers because it said ā€œreuse OEM hardware,ā€ which I absolutely do not have. Installed the hangers, and the washers included in the hardware pack donā€™t fit the bolts I have for the skid. My fault for not check, but holy smokes. I also have two extra brackets for something not indicated.

Otherwise, bumper is awesome. My sister works for a fastener company and is getting me a packet of washers and nuts for the hangers and skids (could only find Grade 2, she has 8).

Excited to get the LP6 pods on the week and a winch ordered.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? A9AB18F8-00C4-493E-9006-10ED5EBDE031
I agree this looks great. Do you know how much it weighs?

kakwvu

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
I agree this looks great. Do you know how much it weighs?
I didnā€™t weigh it beforehand, but my Amazon invoice said 62#. I got it there (Pritchett Canyon by Barnes4WD) bc they had them in stock w/prime delivery.

Sponsored

bthomp

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon, 2010 Wrangler X, 2014 Mustang GT
Occupation
IT Ops / BizOps
Clubs

Installed the Outback Adventure Trailgater table..
@JeffCj7Jl How do you like the trailgater so far? I am thinking about installing one of these on my new rig, seems like it would be a great simple add. Any rattling when folded up and driving or wheeling? Is the fit and finish as nice as it looks? Thanks!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Took the back seat out bc I need more room for work bought a new bungee cord to keep my stack n pack tool thing from fallin over while I drive I vacuumed and cleaned the jeep too as well as ordered the oem jeep cross bars and tomorow I am going to order a small mesh platform to go on the cross bars to put my luggage on bc I travel for work so much and live in hotelz
Once you remove the back seat it's hard to go back, doubt ours will ever go back in.