Sponsored

What did you do to your 2dr today?

Mhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
IMG_6293.JPEG

Dropped the e-brake cables to below the frame support using Rancho's bracket. This will allow the rear axle to drop a bit more now that the brake cables are not acting like limiting straps.

What's your impression of the Rancho e brake relocation bracket setup? Been thinking about this mod myself sometime. Did you have any issues keeping tension on the cables so they didn't come loose under the console? Do they look like there will be a lot of friction and damage on the evap lines above?
Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
What's your impression of the Rancho e brake relocation bracket setup? Been thinking about this mod myself sometime. Did you have any issues keeping tension on the cables so they didn't come loose under the console? Do they look like there will be a lot of friction and damage on the evap lines above?
Quick and painless install aside from a bit of effort required to reconnect the line to the brake loop at the wheel.

The bracket secured the cables very well so no worries about movement or anything else to damage the evap lines.

kakwvu

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Finally got my Barnes 4WD bumper put on. Can’t put the crash bar skid on because I legitimately don’t have the OEM hardware it’s saying to re-use, so it’s off the Lowe’s tomorrow to get some replacements.

Ignore the beach towel from Hawaii, and the rust water puddle from where the powder coating spot missed some places.

LP6s go on next, and a winch when I figure out what I need.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 32B6348F-738E-4C5B-BE21-0526B442F916

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
I installed a stubby antenna and some plastic storage bits I have accumulated waiting for the Jeep to arrive. Also added the Quad-Lock phone holder 👍

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? IMG_1036

UPDATE: 11/21 ... dead pedal installed:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? IMG_1033

Install wasn't too bad. Went more by feel than trying to stuff myself in and under there...

Last edited:

Sponsored

ZBRA

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SJ Cherokee, SJ Gladiator, JKU, & JL
Installed an American made phone mount today. I know it'snot much, but I got home from Gupton at 10:00 last night. My first mod couldn't be some Chinese knock off.

20221112_141718.jpg

JaxBeachJeep

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z4 but next is a Jeep, had a 94 in college
Picked up my 2 door last night. Mods to start soon and pics to follow.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 29E7D9FC-4CDC-45FF-8129-8314F8E3A72C

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 29E7D9FC-4CDC-45FF-8129-8314F8E3A72C
Looking forward to seeing what you have planned since I will soon have a 2 door Willys sport also. Picking mine up Friday but don’t have many mod plans yet.

jmr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JL Willys
Swapped over to a set of 2022 Rubicon takeoff wheels/tires. Used Jscan to change the setting from the factory 32.57" to 32.75" speedo matches gps perfectly.I'm not sure why it was set to 32.57" from the factory. The oem Willys tire is 255/75-17 which are 32.1".
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? Willys-9

Sponsored

kakwvu

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
The road to hell is paved with good intentions. I got new washers and nuts for the front skid hangers because it said “reuse OEM hardware,” which I absolutely do not have. Installed the hangers, and the washers included in the hardware pack don’t fit the bolts I have for the skid. My fault for not check, but holy smokes. I also have two extra brackets for something not indicated.

Otherwise, bumper is awesome. My sister works for a fastener company and is getting me a packet of washers and nuts for the hangers and skids (could only find Grade 2, she has 8).

Excited to get the LP6 pods on the week and a winch ordered.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 1DDF41BF-AC12-4413-8B04-0C02B79D2DEC

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
The road to hell is paved with good intentions. I got new washers and nuts for the front skid hangers because it said “reuse OEM hardware,” which I absolutely do not have. Installed the hangers, and the washers included in the hardware pack don’t fit the bolts I have for the skid. My fault for not check, but holy smokes. I also have two extra brackets for something not indicated.

Otherwise, bumper is awesome. My sister works for a fastener company and is getting me a packet of washers and nuts for the hangers and skids (could only find Grade 2, she has 8).

Excited to get the LP6 pods on the week and a winch ordered.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 1DDF41BF-AC12-4413-8B04-0C02B79D2DEC
Diggin' that bumper, simple but perfect functionality, nice choice! Only caveat is no fog light mounts, but good tradeoff.

kakwvu

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Diggin' that bumper, simple but perfect functionality, nice choice! Only caveat is no fog light mounts, but good tradeoff.
Thanks! It’s the Barnes 4WD Pritchett Canyon bumper. There’s a similar model for the rear bumper but it’s:
1) incompatible with sensors
2) requires spare tire delete (deal breaker for me)

the bumper has two mounts on the top plate, but only two. Anything extra would require some brackets to hang them in place.

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
Quick and painless install aside from a bit of effort required to reconnect the line to the brake loop at the wheel.

The bracket secured the cables very well so no worries about movement or anything else to damage the evap lines.
Glad to hear that, that's the e-brake bracket I'm planning on using