Sponsored

What did you do to your 2dr today?

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-Dr
Does anyone know if these serve a purpose anymore after removal of factory fenders that were replaced with flat fenders?

I see a single screw attached to the side of the shock mount but am unsure if those need to be there. Only on front driver/passenger

Thank you!

461F8360-A213-4F42-B424-E5D9BC6E7981.jpeg
Is that on the exterior of the factory fender liner?? Asking because I've replaced fenders and liners, and that doesn't look familiar at all. Looks machined for a pupose though.
Sponsored

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

blk2doorjl

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Two Door

Sponsored

Jakerb

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 20220822 Jee

Picked up a used hardtop last week and threw on some temporary gutter cross bars until I can drop the cash for the maximus 3 rack system. Put some 285/70/17 KO2s today. Really wanting the AEV EX front bumper or a rubicon take-off but not sure if I'd benefit more from the weight savings on my current bumper. I've a JLU rubicon take of suspension set on there and toying with the idea of adding a 1" spacer but not sure if I'd be pushing it without correcting some things. I could have gone with 285/75/17 and spent an extra 50ish per tire and waited for them to come in but I figured I'd keep things simple for now. This set up will take me anywhere I'm trying to get to camp in FL.

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2.0T eTorque

Picked up a used hardtop last week and threw on some temporary gutter cross bars until I can drop the cash for the maximus 3 rack system. Put some 285/70/17 KO2s today. Really wanting the AEV EX front bumper or a rubicon take-off but not sure if I'd benefit more from the weight savings on my current bumper. I've a JLU rubicon take of suspension set on there and toying with the idea of adding a 1" spacer but not sure if I'd be pushing it without correcting some things. I could have gone with 285/75/17 and spent an extra 50ish per tire and waited for them to come in but I figured I'd keep things simple for now. This set up will take me anywhere I'm trying to get to camp in FL.
Take off those fender spacers and the plastic bumper looks way better.

Jakerb

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr
Take off those fender spacers and the plastic bumper looks way better.
Literally just got done watching a video on doing this :LOL:. I think I will go the route of removing them and cutting along to be able to reinstall just to have a little protection from grime getting in there. If it wasn't getting dark already I'd be removing them now!

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2.0T eTorque
Literally just got done watching a video on doing this :LOL:. I think I will go the route of removing them and cutting along to be able to reinstall just to have a little protection from grime getting in there. If it wasn't getting dark already I'd be removing them now!
Haha nice. I must have sensed you thinking about it lol.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

Looking good Jake, the Rubi spring swap is easy and would look just right w/ your new tire set.
My install thread if you haven't seen it, post #4 has LCA info, they are good to add when doing that swap.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-suspension-on-2-door-sport.40700/
Need to post here too!
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/the-lowly-2-door-sport-club.90068/