Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Just finished up installing the Torq Locker in the front of our JL Sport. Thanks @entropy for convincing me to do this, can't wait to try out my new 3x4, maybe I won't need to lock the rear, time will tell :)

IMG_0923.JPG
Nice. Good job. How was the install?
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Nice. Good job. How was the install?
Not too bad, had a tough time removing the carrier as it wanted to come out at an angle and was binding up, ended up using a pry bar and a ratchet strap to pull it out evenly and then it cooperated.

Also had to hunt through my tool bin to find a punch just the right size for that cross shaft pin, ended up using an old tap that had just the right shaft size. IMO they should include a pin puncher w/ the locker. It passed the spin test just fine so looking forward to getting out there and trying it in the wild :)

There's a few important details that shoud be included in the install such as bearing race & side shim markings just so they don't get mixed up when you pull the carrier and things may fly (ask me how I know, lol). Also no where on their site or manual do they mention the need to loctite the ring gear bolts and wait a full 24hrs to add the gear oil (giving the loctite time to fully cure) pretty important omission.

To their credit, Torq Locker was very good about answering any questions I had and were quick to get back with any issues that I inquired about.

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
KC FE4s on the bumper paired up to an Auxbeam 8 Gang switch panel.
I have KC FE3s inbound for the cowl.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 71DC6E3A-732B-49F3-BB77-DDA880C64952
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 52118AD5-17B7-4175-A171-5A41B5A37474

Sponsored

efreyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I know that this is a totally random question, but here we go. I am about to go through the process of adding the rearview dimming mirror and also want to add the overhead airbag/assist/emergency button. Has anyone had any experience accessing it? How is it attached and how can I remove it? I currently had the standard mirror and button that just says airbag. I already have the parts picked out through Benny, I just want to know what the difficulty I will be looking at. I already replaced the stock 7" radio with a new (from dealer, not refurbed or second hand) 8.4". I even added the LTE antenna. When I bought my JLR, they didn't come standard with the 8.4". I got too good a deal for an on the lot purchase to order one. I wanted to basically make it how I would have ordered it. So far stuff like the OEM steel bumpers, LED package and HD rockrails with step assist I have saved multiple times what I would have spent had I got from dealer even on an order. The picture is the piece I am looking to remove.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? Screen Shot 2022-07-28 at 2.36.50 PM

Vanburi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 'Mojito' JLR
How was the install? I have had mine in the garage waiting to be mounted for the past few weeks. Just haven't gotten around to it
I didn't think it was bad at all.
Watch the genesis install beforehand to help prepare. I had a tablet under the hood with me during the install. I went slowly and methodically along with the video each and every step. No problems and I felt comfortable the whole way.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

Sponsored

swampflyer

First Name
rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlr-2015 jette tdi-2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Genesis dual battery setup.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? Screen Shot 2022-07-28 at 2.36.50 PM
nice installation. Looks like you didn't do the additional (g screen monitor) system. You might want to check it out I really like it. I had the dealer install that part of the install. It makes it nice to be able to check voltage of main and secondary voltage on your batteries prior to starting . You can also do your boost start if necessary from inside etc.

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Wiped down and finally finished cleaning the dust out of the interior from two days off road with no top on Drummond Island (roughly a month ago)... Now off to Crossbar Ranch in the morning with the top down to get it dusty again!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 1659148047361

brennaman

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 WK 2014 JK, 2021 JLR snazzberry
Occupation
damn near retired
5 tire rotation with this slacker!
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? B2FBDA81-EF4A-4FFE-8694-06CBA50F6180
I feel your pain. I've got one that is the same way. Always ready and willing to go out and have fun, but when it comes to work around the house or garage, just lay's around and won't lift a paw to help. Frustrating for sure.
Sponsored