Sponsored

What did you do to your 2dr today?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Finally took delivery of mine yesterday. I added these Ace Engineering sliders which work great as a step too.

IMG_4939.jpg
@AzScorpion

Ace Sliders paired with the stock Rubi rails looks real good on a 2 dr. JL. Your JL looks great!

I have a 2 dr. Rubi, Bright White with Ace's and Rubi Rails just like yours... Mine has body color flares.

DO, keep the Ace's waxed up. Use a spray wax that does not have Carnuba in it.

For nick, scratch and scuff repair in regard to the Ace's, use Rust-Oleum Truck Bed Coating.
Matches well, same feel/look. Easy to apply.

Keep up with / touch up nicks before they end up with unsightly rust...

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? Z1KA-ufo5oy.JPG

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
@AzScorpion

Ace Sliders paired with the stock Rubi rails looks real good on a 2 dr. JL. Your JL looks great!

I have a 2 dr. Rubi, Bright White with Ace's and Rubi Rails just like yours... Mine has body color flares.

DO, keep the Ace's waxed up. Use a spray wax that does not have Carnuba in it.

For nick, scratch and scuff repair in regard to the Ace's, use Rust-Oleum Truck Bed Coating.
Matches well, same feel/look. Easy to apply.

Keep up with / touch up nicks before they end up with unsightly rust...

I use 303 Graphene on my vehicles and one nice thing is you can use it on everything and it has great UV protection.

I almost got the color matched flares (I think they look a lot better) but was afraid I'd scratch them but most likely will get them on the next one.

I liked these sliders because you can keep the Rubi rails for added protection. Some say it ads weight but I like them and they double as a step too.

Thanks for the tips! Your posts are very helpful.

TangoRomeo7688

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon 2.2 Diesel
Removed and sold my trunk build. Putted the seats back in, will need them the next few weeks.

And then.. I will plan a new, better, build =)

Jeffery

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeffery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2-door, and 1987 YJ with 427 SBC
Got these today - whenever the weather gets above painfully cold I’ll install -

question:

I have the aux switch, these would go to #3 right?

Yikes, hope you relay those. Holy amp draw!

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

Namakan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys
I stared at mine in storage today. Decided not to subject it to the salty Minnesota roads for the first year. We'll see after that.

TangoRomeo7688

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon 2.2 Diesel
Now for the Metalcloak springs...The Metalcloak springs are not corner specific, also I just installed a new Dana 4.88 UD44 front axle which does not fit the OEM/Mopar spring perches (passenger side OEM/Mopar spring perch is taller) so I guessed and installed a 1/2" Teraflex passenger side front spring spacer. Guess was spot on as front left and right sit at exactly the same height! Nice, no more zippering the front end!
However, no such luck in the rear and not happy with her ass end up in the air...Also used a Teraflex rear passenger spring 1/2" spacer but passenger rear sits 1/4" higher than drivers rear-that is not the problem as it is easy to mill the rear spacer down a 1/4". The real problem is her ass end (measured from ground to edge of fender lip at center of wheel) now sits nearly 3/4" higher than the front while both stock and with the Mopar lift, she sit 1/2" lower in the rear when measured at the same spots, level driveway, 3/4 full gas tank and all tires at 31PSI. I checked box part numbers before I opened/installed springs but will crawl under and check numbers on springs-If these are correct, I may try a set of Synergy 2" rear springs in lieu of the Metalcloak 2.5" rears...

Ride wise, the Metalcloak are a bit stiffer than the Mopar's. Obviously I wanted the Metalcloak's for a bit more clearance for the 37's plus better articulation off road and with the other goodies I added plus when I get the longer shocks, these off-road goals should be realized.
However, this does make me realize just how dialed-in my previous Mopar lift (plus adjustable control arms, track bars and other suspension goodies) along with the 315 KO2's really were!

With new Metalcloak 2.5" springs. BTW, in the picture below the parking lot slopes up for drainage...
IMG_3186.JPG

Update On Rear Springs:
Yesterday was fix the 'snowplow look' day...I really like Metalcloak products but not happy buying 2.5" front and rear springs only to get 2.5" front springs and 3.5"+ rear springs. I was considering both Synergy 3" rears which are similar design (dual rate) as the Metalcloak's and also the Teraflex 2.5" rears which are a linear design like OEM/Mopar. The Synergy's won out by default as the Teraflex box was labeled 2.5" but springs had 3.5" part numbers on them. Both the Synergy and Teraflex are corner specific like OEM so no need for the rear passenger side spacer. Really happy with the new Synergy rear springs and they pair well with the front Metalcloak's. My Rubi 2-door now looks better, rides better and handles better! Instead of having an inch and a quarter+ front rake she now has maybe half inch.

With new Synergy rear springs, this parking lot is level...
Love those wheels. Wish they were more affordable here in Germany.

Namakan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys
Don't deprive yourself ; have it "Rust Copped " Google Carwell products, hopefully one near you.
I did have the dealer do the rustproofing but my commute is not great with a Jeep so I’m going to keep it as a fun Spring/Summer/Fall escape.

I would rather rack up useless miles on my VW Golf TDI during the winter.

Sponsored

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
I did have the dealer do the rustproofing but my commute is not great with a Jeep so I’m going to keep it as a fun Spring/Summer/Fall escape.

I would rather rack up useless miles on my VW Golf TDI during the winter.
Dude that's like having a bombshell for a girlfriend and not banging her. Just leaving her pristine for the next boyfriend. ....seriously have fun with her!

Z06Guy

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Occupation
V.P. of Sales
Finished install of the warn 8k winch, and aev rear bumper and tire carrier. Also swapped on Yokohama geolander Mt in 35s.

PXL_20220130_184031239.jpg

PXL_20220130_184019040.jpg

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Finished install of the warn 8k winch, and aev rear bumper and tire carrier. Also swapped on Yokohama geolander Mt in 35s.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? PXL_20220130_184019040

Any plans for their fuel carrier and/or their backup light?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

Well done sir!

Z06Guy

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Occupation
V.P. of Sales
Thanks guys. Right now no on backup lights, but yes longterm on fuel carrier. But I will definitely need stiffer springs. Right now shopping for soft top, oil pan skid, and front different skid before a couple trips this summer.
Sponsored