Sponsored

What did you do to your 2dr today?

NYJeepGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I'm glad I went w/ my high fender kit, real minimalist but offers some protection to those behind you and all the grime it will spray on your Jeep. But must admit, love that spare delete :)
Installed the orange powder coated front bumper hooks to match the stripes, shackles, diff skids and rear bumper tie down hook.

I also took the wheels off the JL to test fit them on the JT to decide between 35s and 37s. I think I will go with the 35s. The 37s would fit, but will be a bit much.

D4E4F027-3DD8-4412-A198-52FB5EC08A17.jpeg

220A6003-FE5A-490C-BF48-6E87F4D0B641.jpeg

911222B4-53BB-47B7-8A1B-1557EC9A2A41.jpeg
Wow, love it. Looks amazing. Agree about the 35s btw. Also better for gas mileage.
Sponsored

EagleJL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Sarge Green Willys
Occupation
UPS
Looks good! You can't beat the price on the rocktrix wheels. I was thinking about some for mine. Wound up going with Black Rhino instead. If they ever show up.
Added a slight 3/4” daystar lift and some rocktrix wheels with 35’s

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 07AB3916-FA70-4612-9019-39515FDFE122
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 07AB3916-FA70-4612-9019-39515FDFE122

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Did this last year, but there seems to be a lot of discussion between 35 and 37 tires...
Long story short, 37s look awesome on a 2 door (IMO), but if you try to stick with the stock suspension, the handling is just no good. With enough aftermarket components, 37s look great, ride great, and- IMO- provide a relatively inexpensive lift to create clearance. Of course, gas mileage is another story- but if you're concerned about mpg, you shouldn't be driving a Jeep anyway... The 2 door makes tires look bigger (I've been asked if those tires are 40s on a number of occasions), and I'm glad I've been able to make the 37s work well. For the type of off-roading I do (gravel / dirt forestry service trails- usually with fallen trees that need to be driven over), they are a perfect solution.

When I originally installed the 37x12.5" Nitto RidgeGrapplers, the only modification I made to the suspension was a 1.5" spacer lift from Teraflex, and that setup did work (I had enough clearance, even when flexed). However, the handling was less than desirable... So, I added some adjustable Teraflex LCAs- which improved things somewhat. A Teraflex Falcon adjustable steering damper really improved things (especially when set to firm), new track bar didn't improve things all that much, but I finally got around to installing Teraflex adjustable Falcon shocks a few months ago, and that finally did the trick (i.e., the Jeep now rides and handles the way I want it to).

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? new shoes

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? tires after

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Did this last year, but there seems to be a lot of discussion between 35 and 37 tires...
Long story short, 37s look awesome on a 2 door (IMO), but if you try to stick with the stock suspension, the handling is just no good. With enough aftermarket components, 37s look great, ride great, and- IMO- provide a relatively inexpensive lift to create clearance. Of course, gas mileage is another story- but if you're concerned about mpg, you shouldn't be driving a Jeep anyway... The 2 door makes tires look bigger (I've been asked if those tires are 40s on a number of occasions), and I'm glad I've been able to make the 37s work well. For the type of off-roading I do (gravel / dirt forestry service trails- usually with fallen trees that need to be driven over), they are a perfect solution.

When I originally installed the 37x12.5" Nitto RidgeGrapplers, the only modification I made to the suspension was a 1.5" spacer lift from Teraflex, and that setup did work (I had enough clearance, even when flexed). However, the handling was less than desirable... So, I added some adjustable Teraflex LCAs- which improved things somewhat. A Teraflex Falcon adjustable steering damper really improved things (especially when set to firm), new track bar didn't improve things all that much, but I finally got around to installing Teraflex adjustable Falcon shocks a few months ago, and that finally did the trick (i.e., the Jeep now rides and handles the way I want it to).

Yeah, 37s on a two door look huge. We rub at full flex with 35s and no lift.

My JT has a 3” lift but still the stock 33s, so I was trying to decide what to put on it. The 37s would be nice, but the 35s will drive better and be more practical for the 90% of the time I am driving it (on the road). It is no longer my DD so 37s were really tempting. This is the stock 33 with a 37 next to it. Huge.

45AEF81D-0165-4886-B706-4F44B54088A9.jpeg

Sponsored

StarRocker

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys Sport
not much today, just a wash. Possibly the last hand wash of the season, that water was COLD!!!
But I did change the oil and do a tire rotation on my parents 4 door JL. I know, blasphemy to speak of 4 doors here haha!
Just had a weekend f hitting the northwest corner on the RI/CT Line and I need to wash mine bad got tomorrow off so it is on my to do list

StarRocker

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys Sport
Today drove it to work. Tomorrow I will hit the trails for a bit!! Can't wait. ;)

OutdoorGrant

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
How do you like the Sun Rider ?
It came with the Jeep (bought used) and so far I like it well enough that I'm not spending $1k on new Freedom panels. I'm guessing I will like it even more in Summer.

Luv the Red rings! What size wheels & tires?
Teraflex Nomads in 17x9 and the tires are Milestar Patagonias 315/70R17

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 45AEF81D-0165-4886-B706-4F44B54088A9

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 45AEF81D-0165-4886-B706-4F44B54088A9
they do look massive

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

DogsRule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JL
Added a fuel door.

Very nice. We live in the snow belt of Ohio. Got the oem one and a Stant locking cap all wrapped up for the wife and her JL for Christmas morning. I'm sure I'll get that Benny Hill look. Its gotta score better than the dartboard last Christmas.

JEEPT

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 80TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION
I added the homelink garage door opener to my 2021 80th Aniversary Edition Wrangler. Bought a new driver side visor with the homelink buttons on line for $87, delivered. It wasn't plug and play. I had to tap into the visor mirror light wire for power. Easy to do, works great. Other recent mods: takeoff Rubicon wheels with KO2's, fuel filler door, deep tinted front windows, and frame mounted Roam rock slider steps.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? IMG_1402.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? IMG_1407.JPG
Sponsored