Sponsored

What did you do to your 2dr today?

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
Now for the Metalcloak springs...The Metalcloak springs are not corner specific, also I just installed a new Dana 4.88 UD44 front axle which does not fit the OEM/Mopar spring perches (passenger side OEM/Mopar spring perch is taller) so I guessed and installed a 1/2" Teraflex passenger side front spring spacer. Guess was spot on as front left and right sit at exactly the same height! Nice, no more zippering the front end!
However, no such luck in the rear and not happy with her ass end up in the air...Also used a Teraflex rear passenger spring 1/2" spacer but passenger rear sits 1/4" higher than drivers rear-that is not the problem as it is easy to mill the rear spacer down a 1/4". The real problem is her ass end (measured from ground to edge of fender lip at center of wheel) now sits nearly 3/4" higher than the front while both stock and with the Mopar lift, she sit 1/2" lower in the rear when measured at the same spots, level driveway, 3/4 full gas tank and all tires at 31PSI. I checked box part numbers before I opened/installed springs but will crawl under and check numbers on springs-If these are correct, I may try a set of Synergy 2" rear springs in lieu of the Metalcloak 2.5" rears...

Ride wise, the Metalcloak are a bit stiffer than the Mopar's. Obviously I wanted the Metalcloak's for a bit more clearance for the 37's plus better articulation off road and with the other goodies I added plus when I get the longer shocks, these off-road goals should be realized.
However, this does make me realize just how dialed-in my previous Mopar lift (plus adjustable control arms, track bars and other suspension goodies) along with the 315 KO2's really were!

With new Metalcloak 2.5" springs. BTW, in the picture below the parking lot slopes up for drainage...
IMG_3186.JPG

Update On Rear Springs:
Yesterday was fix the 'snowplow look' day...I really like Metalcloak products but not happy buying 2.5" front and rear springs only to get 2.5" front springs and 3.5"+ rear springs. I was considering both Synergy 3" rears which are similar design (dual rate) as the Metalcloak's and also the Teraflex 2.5" rears which are a linear design like OEM/Mopar. The Synergy's won out by default as the Teraflex box was labeled 2.5" but springs had 3.5" part numbers on them. Both the Synergy and Teraflex are corner specific like OEM so no need for the rear passenger side spacer. Really happy with the new Synergy rear springs and they pair well with the front Metalcloak's. My Rubi 2-door now looks better, rides better and handles better! Instead of having an inch and a quarter+ front rake she now has maybe half inch.

With new Synergy rear springs, this parking lot is level...
IMG_3309.JPG
Way better. Very nice rig!
Sponsored

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
‘94 YJ, ‘21 JLR, ‘22 JLUR XR, ‘23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Deleted the spare and rear bumper and added the tow hitch and wiring while I had everything apart. I always carry an air compressor and will swap the rear seat for my spare on adventures.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? A8F2BA0D-1DEB-46F0-90DD-98DBE9F5A3F8

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Deleted the spare and rear bumper and added the tow hitch and wiring while I had everything apart. I always carry an air compressor and will swap the rear seat for my spare on adventures.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? A8F2BA0D-1DEB-46F0-90DD-98DBE9F5A3F8
Nice look!
You should take a pic from the side, that's where those deletes really shine, great for ledge-dropping :)

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.

Such an awesome look! If you are going to wheel it, Rusty's Offroad rear fascia kit will protect and hide those lower corners very nicely. That and their extreme trail stubby bumper is exactly what I have planned for phase three when it comes. Can't wait, especially after seeing yours.
Really digging it:like:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rescue119

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2021 Jeep GC L Limited
Drove my jeep for the first time in 21 days lol

20211209_151054.jpg

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
‘94 YJ, ‘21 JLR, ‘22 JLUR XR, ‘23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Nice look!
You should take a pic from the side, that's where those deletes really shine, great for ledge-dropping :)
Exactly! Broke both stock plastic rear corner supports coming off ledges and mushed in the back left corner. Too much overhang.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 1FF2EA8A-D3C3-44BA-AF6A-D0D5BCA84F17

Such an awesome look! If you are going to wheel it, Rusty's Offroad rear fascia kit will protect and hide those lower corners very nicely. That and their extreme trail stubby bumper is exactly what I have planned for phase three when it comes. Can't wait, especially after seeing yours.
Really digging it:like:
Thanks. I’ll have to check them out. Deleting the fenders next.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 1F4EF001-0993-4401-ACA7-A6E6C4992713

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Installed a set of Rock Hard angled-up sliders, overall I like them. Heavy duty, tuck up high, look good and work as a step getting out but seems easier just stepping over getting in.
The finish however is a bit too glossy and too smooth, at some point I will have them re-powdercoated in a matt texture that will better match the fenders and bumpers while being more slip resistant. Another thing I did not like was after installing the driver side without issue, I found the passenger rear body bolt mount tab was jigged wrong-it was midnight so I just enlarged the hole to get them mounted . It's not right however and I am sure Rock Hard will make it right-they do make great products. It just gets annoying having to modify aftermarket parts to make work and/or go through the hassle of getting a replacement.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? IMG_3330.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? IMG_3331.JPG

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rescue119

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep. And that sticker is BS.
Not really. He canceled the pipeline that would have brought lots of canadian oil to your market. So now it's back to trucking and railing it all down.

Also that's still cheaper then the 1.45/litre we pay right now.

smokeythecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport 2-door, 2019 Mini Cooper S
Not really. He canceled the pipeline that would have brought lots of canadian oil to your market. So now it's back to trucking and railing it all down.

Also that's still cheaper then the 1.45/litre we pay right now.
That's not how the oil market works, but OK.

ML7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I like the bumper your rear is similar I went went the Evo instead - check the Rustys Rear Fascia cover kit I added it to mine and it is very nice. Just realized I need to update my rigs build page, will add a few better pics later
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 20210813_151204

OP
OP
Rescue119

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)