Sponsored

What did you do to your 2dr today?

Reldn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Rubicon, '22 4Runner TRD Pro, '22 Ram 1500
Well, after getting some much needed sleep and working in broad daylight I got my skid problem sorted out.

I took the Asfir diff skid that I installed on the rear last night and took it back to the front diff....Looks like I had just received a miscast skid as it lined up beautifully at the front! So, I attached it to my front diff and installed the rear Rancho diff skid. I must admit, I like this combo!
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? PXL_20211203_212625555

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? PXL_20211203_214729292

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
Well, after getting some much needed sleep and working in broad daylight I got my skid problem sorted out.

I took the Asfir diff skid that I installed on the rear last night and took it back to the front diff....Looks like I had just received a miscast skid as it lined up beautifully at the front! So, I attached it to my front diff and installed the rear Rancho diff skid. I must admit, I like this combo!
PXL_20211203_212625555.jpg

PXL_20211203_214729292.jpg
Any fitment issues getting these on? They look great and are on my shortlist.

Reldn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Rubicon, '22 4Runner TRD Pro, '22 Ram 1500
Any fitment issues getting these on? They look great and are on my shortlist.
With these two? Nope! They fit perfectly.

However, I initially started with the Rancho skids and the front Rancho skid was either messed up, or, it's incompatible with my front diff since it's the new style with no drain plug. It wasn't anywhere near close to fitting. So, I bought two sets of the Asfir Diff skids to armor up the front and rear, and sadly one of them came with the holes just slightly off. *laughs* Thankfully, I had the rear Rancho skid and the other Asfir one that fit like they were supposed to!

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
With these two? Nope! They fit perfectly.

However, I initially started with the Rancho skids and the front Rancho skid was either messed up, or, it's incompatible with my front diff since it's the new style with no drain plug. It wasn't anywhere near close to fitting. So, I bought two sets of the Asfir Diff skids to armor up the front and rear, and sadly one of them came with the holes just slightly off. *laughs* Thankfully, I had the rear Rancho skid and the other Asfir one that fit like they were supposed to!
Thanks for clarifying. Good combo, regardless! 👍🏼

Sponsored

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
‘94 YJ, ‘21 JLR, ‘22 JLUR XR, ‘23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
What small object was dragged to pre- tension the winch ? Prius ? Bronco ?
COSTCO light pole where they do an MSF course on the weekends. Dang auto park comes on when you’re in neutral and out of the vehicle. Forgot to put her in park and the transfer case in neutral.

New fenders, rear bumper, and spare delete get delivered this week. Windrock #16 was tight and slick!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 28D5B8B5-EBD9-473E-9705-7B9AF24C2F9E

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
COSTCO light pole where they do an MSF course on the weekends. Dang auto park comes on when you’re in neutral and out of the vehicle. Forgot to put her in park and the transfer case in neutral.

New fenders, rear bumper, and spare delete get delivered this week. Windrock #16 was tight and slick!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 20211205_155243
I can see someone driving between you and that lightpole, just because they are Rubbernecking the Jeep

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Now for the Metalcloak springs...The Metalcloak springs are not corner specific, also I just installed a new Dana 4.88 UD44 front axle which does not fit the OEM/Mopar spring perches (passenger side OEM/Mopar spring perch is taller) so I guessed and installed a 1/2" Teraflex passenger side front spring spacer. Guess was spot on as front left and right sit at exactly the same height! Nice, no more zippering the front end!
However, no such luck in the rear and not happy with her ass end up in the air...Also used a Teraflex rear passenger spring 1/2" spacer but passenger rear sits 1/4" higher than drivers rear-that is not the problem as it is easy to mill the rear spacer down a 1/4". The real problem is her ass end (measured from ground to edge of fender lip at center of wheel) now sits nearly 3/4" higher than the front while both stock and with the Mopar lift, she sit 1/2" lower in the rear when measured at the same spots, level driveway, 3/4 full gas tank and all tires at 31PSI. I checked box part numbers before I opened/installed springs but will crawl under and check numbers on springs-If these are correct, I may try a set of Synergy 2" rear springs in lieu of the Metalcloak 2.5" rears...

Ride wise, the Metalcloak are a bit stiffer than the Mopar's. Obviously I wanted the Metalcloak's for a bit more clearance for the 37's plus better articulation off road and with the other goodies I added plus when I get the longer shocks, these off-road goals should be realized.
However, this does make me realize just how dialed-in my previous Mopar lift (plus adjustable control arms, track bars and other suspension goodies) along with the 315 KO2's really were!

With new Metalcloak 2.5" springs. BTW, in the picture below the parking lot slopes up for drainage...
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 20211205_155243

Update On Rear Springs:
Yesterday was fix the 'snowplow look' day...I really like Metalcloak products but not happy buying 2.5" front and rear springs only to get 2.5" front springs and 3.5"+ rear springs. I was considering both Synergy 3" rears which are similar design (dual rate) as the Metalcloak's and also the Teraflex 2.5" rears which are a linear design like OEM/Mopar. The Synergy's won out by default as the Teraflex box was labeled 2.5" but springs had 3.5" part numbers on them. Both the Synergy and Teraflex are corner specific like OEM so no need for the rear passenger side spacer. Really happy with the new Synergy rear springs and they pair well with the front Metalcloak's. My Rubi 2-door now looks better, rides better and handles better! Instead of having an inch and a quarter+ front rake she now has maybe half inch.

With new Synergy rear springs, this parking lot is level...
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? IMG_3309.JPG