Sponsored

What did you do to your 2dr today?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Received shipping notice of my Asfir skid today, and since my Rancho diff skids install is on hold for now. I decided to stick some decals on.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? PXL_20211121_194856311

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? PXL_20211121_194856311
Love it, where did you find them?

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Now for the Metalcloak springs...The Metalcloak springs are not corner specific, also I just installed a new Dana 4.88 UD44 front axle which does not fit the OEM/Mopar spring perches (passenger side OEM/Mopar spring perch is taller) so I guessed and installed a 1/2" Teraflex passenger side front spring spacer. Guess was spot on as front left and right sit at exactly the same height! Nice, no more zippering the front end!
However, no such luck in the rear and not happy with her ass end up in the air...Also used a Teraflex rear passenger spring 1/2" spacer but passenger rear sits 1/4" higher than drivers rear-that is not the problem as it is easy to mill the rear spacer down a 1/4". The real problem is her ass end (measured from ground to edge of fender lip at center of wheel) now sits nearly 3/4" higher than the front while both stock and with the Mopar lift, she sit 1/2" lower in the rear when measured at the same spots, level driveway, 3/4 full gas tank and all tires at 31PSI. I checked box part numbers before I opened/installed springs but will crawl under and check numbers on springs-If these are correct, I may try a set of Synergy 2" rear springs in lieu of the Metalcloak 2.5" rears...

Ride wise, the Metalcloak are a bit stiffer than the Mopar's. Obviously I wanted the Metalcloak's for a bit more clearance for the 37's plus better articulation off road and with the other goodies I added plus when I get the longer shocks, these off-road goals should be realized.
However, this does make me realize just how dialed-in my previous Mopar lift (plus adjustable control arms, track bars and other suspension goodies) along with the 315 KO2's really were!

Update:
It's a work in progress trying to get my JLR suspension redialed-in with the new spring/axle/tire combo ...The Metalcloak 2.5" front springs are fine, the rear Metalcloak's however are creating a 1.25" difference (ass end higher) from rear to front than she sit stock or with the Mopar lift. Since these are the shortest rear springs Metalcloak offers, I am looking into options. Teraflex offers 2.5" JL 2-door rear springs and I think I will give them a try. While these are linear rate springs (Metalcloak are dual rate) Teraflex's own 2.5" front springs are dual rate, so I think if the lift height is good, these should pair well together. Still about two weeks out for the Fox 2.5 shocks from Accutune, the Mopar shocks worked great with the Mopar lift and 315's but not ideal for the Metalcloak's and 37x12.50 D Ko2's...

Lowering the air on the KO2 37D's to 29PSI cold and adjusting the lower front control arms out a little has helped but there is still a long way to go till I am happy with this new setup...But I will get there!

Sponsored

Reldn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Rubicon, '22 4Runner TRD Pro, '22 Ram 1500
Not entirely for the Jeep per se, but, finally got around to buying a tire repair kit to toss in the back with my compressor.

I'm also getting ready to pull the trigger on Asfir's diff skids, just debating if I want to go ahead and add in the Tcase skid as well.

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? IMG_6001

Loaded up all the camping gear today, heading out in the morning to the Mojave Road for the holiday weekend (just a section, not the whole trail on this trip).

It's really impressive how much stuff you can get in a 2 door (as long as you're willing to take the rear seat out). I just upgraded to a much bigger tent & a pretty big sleeping pad and there's still plenty of room to spare.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Me and @P&PJeep and @Col_Sanders and his buddy Matt beat our Jeeps up against some rocks on Rocky Gap trail in Las Vegas, great Badge of Honor trail and a my skids got a few badges on them too!
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 1124211103_HDR

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? Snapchat-704580492

Reldn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It has arrived! Hopefully I can get it installed tomorrow.

This is actually the first aluminum skid I've ever purchased. I'm impressed with how sturdy and beefy this thing is, yet, incredibly light.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? PXL_20211126_214146602

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Beat the Jeep on much smaller rocks today over on Schnebly Hill Trail in AZ, a much simpler Badge of Honor trail, actually too easy. But the views are friggin' EPIC!!!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 1126211400_HDR
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 1126211402a
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 1126211402b

Reldn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Beat the Jeep on much smaller rocks today over on Schnebly Hill Trail in AZ, a much simpler Badge of Honor trail, actually too easy. But the views are friggin' EPIC!!!

Oh, nice! Those views are absolutely gorgeous!

My Wife and I are planning an off-roading trip to Arizona to hit this trail along with Broken Arrow in the near future. We've never really been off-roading before, and we figured these would be some nice, scenic trails to get a feel for it (and use the Jeep for it's intended purpose *laughs*).

Cycle11111

First Name
Alastair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 Door Wrangler Sport
Took off the goofy plastic fillers between the front bumper and fenders. New Rockhard bumper coming eventually but for the time being needed to improve the look for free

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Oh, nice! Those views are absolutely gorgeous!

My Wife and I are planning an off-roading trip to Arizona to hit this trail along with Broken Arrow in the near future. We've never really been off-roading before, and we figured these would be some nice, scenic trails to get a feel for it (and use the Jeep for it's intended purpose *laughs*).
We didn't air down for Schnebly but should have, there's nothing challenging but the constant barrage of those sharp smashed down rocks gets old fast :(

Glad we ran it for the great scenery, and the trail wasn't crowded (which I heard is rare), but not in a hurry to run it again.

Broken Arrow is on our list for next time through this area, it's a "real" trail w/ many more obstacles vs. Schnebly.

Back way to Crown King is another on our list but it's an all day run, and probably best to get a few trails under your belt before that one.

Reldn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The weather actually cooperated and it has been warm and sunny today, for a change. So, I gathered up my tools and installed my Asfir engine skid. Next up will be Asfir's diff skids once I receive them.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? PXL_20211127_204845438

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? PXL_20211127_214345809

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? PXL_20211127_214424729
Sponsored