SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Hiws that attached?
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 444E2E81-E8ED-4AA4-93D6-B0E538C46673

It’s pretty easy, takes maybe 20 minutes to install with a soft top. It does limit head space for the backseat, that I will ultimately be removing.
Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Some early observations (after just 150 miles) of the 2.5" Metalcloak springs and 37x12.50R17 "C" KO2's...

First the 37" KO2's, I have to be honest and say this is the first set of BFG AT's / KO2's (and I have run them on all my rigs since my first Raptor in 2010) that I have been disappointed with. I like the height, about 1..5" taller than my 35" (315's) but NOT the fact they are also about 3/4" narrower than the 315/70R17's. Handling wise they do not respond nearly as well as the 315's. If it were not for the added height of the new Metalcloak springs over the Mopar, I would drop back to 315's. Not sure just what I am going to do but not happy...Maybe if I had not had the 315's and pushed them-realizing just how good they really were, I might have been satisfied with these 37's. Hard to believe these are going on full size Raptors!

Now for the Metalcloak springs...The Metalcloak springs are not corner specific, also I just installed a new Dana 4.88 UD44 front axle which does not fit the OEM/Mopar spring perches (passenger side OEM/Mopar spring perch is taller) so I guessed and installed a 1/2" Teraflex passenger side front spring spacer. Guess was spot on as front left and right sit at exactly the same height! Nice, no more zippering the front end!
However, no such luck in the rear and not happy with her ass end up in the air...Also used a Teraflex rear passenger spring 1/2" spacer but passenger rear sits 1/4" higher than drivers rear-that is not the problem as it is easy to mill the rear spacer down a 1/4". The real problem is her ass end (measured from ground to edge of fender lip at center of wheel) now sits nearly 3/4" higher than the front while both stock and with the Mopar lift, she sit 1/2" lower in the rear when measured at the same spots, level driveway, 3/4 full gas tank and all tires at 31PSI. I checked box part numbers before I opened/installed springs but will crawl under and check numbers on springs-If these are correct, I may try a set of Synergy 2" rear springs in lieu of the Metalcloak 2.5" rears...

Ride wise, the Metalcloak are a bit stiffer than the Mopar's. Obviously I wanted the Metalcloak's for a bit more clearance for the 37's plus better articulation off road and with the other goodies I added plus when I get the longer shocks, these off-road goals should be realized.
However, this does make me realize just how dialed-in my previous Mopar lift (plus adjustable control arms, track bars and other suspension goodies) along with the 315 KO2's really were!

BTW, in the picture below the parking lot slopes up for drainage...
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? IMG_3186.JPG

37 'C' vs 315 'C', 37 stands about 1.5" taller but sadly is also about 3/4" narrower. Both tires on same size 8.5" rims and both at same PSI.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? IMG_3195.JPG

OP
OP
Rescue119

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2021 Jeep GC L Limited
Some early observations (after just 150 miles) of the 2.5" Metalcloak springs and 37x12.50R17 "C" KO2's...

First the 37" KO2's, I have to be honest and say this is the first set of BFG AT's / KO2's (and I have run them on all my rigs since my first Raptor in 2010) that I have been disappointed with. I like the height, about 1..5" taller than my 35" (315's) but NOT the fact they are also about 3/4" narrower than the 315/70R17's. Handling wise they do not respond nearly as well as the 315's. If it were not for the added height of the new Metalcloak springs over the Mopar, I would drop back to 315's. Not sure just what I am going to do but not happy...Maybe if I had not had the 315's and pushed them-realizing just how good they really were, I might have been satisfied with these 37's. Hard to believe these are going on full size Raptors!

Now for the Metalcloak springs...The Metalcloak springs are not corner specific, also I just installed a new Dana 4.88 UD44 front axle which does not fit the OEM/Mopar spring perches (passenger side OEM/Mopar spring perch is taller) so I guessed and installed a 1/2" Teraflex passenger side front spring spacer. Guess was spot on as front left and right sit at exactly the same height! Nice, no more zippering the front end!
However, no such luck in the rear and not happy with her ass end up in the air...Also used a Teraflex rear passenger spring 1/2" spacer but passenger rear sits 1/4" higher than drivers rear-that is not the problem as it is easy to mill the rear spacer down a 1/4". The real problem is her ass end (measured from ground to edge of fender lip at center of wheel) now sits nearly 3/4" higher than the front while both stock and with the Mopar lift, she sit 1/2" lower in the rear when measured at the same spots, level driveway, 3/4 full gas tank and all tires at 31PSI. I checked box part numbers before I opened/installed springs but will crawl under and check numbers on springs-If these are correct, I may try a set of Synergy 2" rear springs in lieu of the Metalcloak 2.5" rears...

Ride wise, the Metalcloak are a bit stiffer than the Mopar's. Obviously I wanted the Metalcloak's for a bit more clearance for the 37's plus better articulation off road and with the other goodies I added plus when I get the longer shocks, these off-road goals should be realized.
However, this does make me realize just how dialed-in my previous Mopar lift (plus adjustable control arms, track bars and other suspension goodies) along with the 315 KO2's really were!

IMG_3186.JPG

37 'C' vs 315 'C', 37 stands about 1.5" taller but sadly is also about 3/4" narrower. Both tires on same size 8.5" rims and both at same PSI.
IMG_3195.JPG
I think 35s on a 2dr is all 99% of people need. Plus the higher you go the more tippy 2drs are.

Any of those eparts have a 30 day return policy?

The 3/4 inch higher in the rear sounds right. With gear and or passengers that rake will level out right away. If you are level you would be bully doggin it with anything in the back

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

IMG_3186.JPG

IMG_3195.JPG
Nice write up, just a bummer about your tire situation :( how tall were your 315s (on the vehicle) and how tall are your 37s, again, on the vehicle?
Jeep looks superb btw!

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think 35s on a 2dr is all 99% of people need. Plus the higher you go the more tippy 2drs are.

Any of those eparts have a 30 day return policy?

The 3/4 inch higher in the rear sounds right. With gear and or passengers that rake will level out right away. If you are level you would be bully doggin it with anything in the back

I agree, especially for 2-door's a 35' is the sweet spot!

I have someone who wants to buy (and has been waiting very patiently!) the Mopar lift and I am tired of taking the front end apart.

The 3/4" higher is really a bit much for me, with the Mopar lift and normal stuff (basic camp gear/ice chests) she did not sit too low in the rear. If the springs are indeed correct, the Synergy 2" may fit just right...for me. Also, the rear fenders do not sit as high as the front so when measured from the fenders and she still sits high...

Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice write up, just a bummer about your tire situation :( how tall were your 315s (on the vehicle) and how tall are your 37s, again, on the vehicle?
Jeep looks superb btw!

Thanks!

Too late to measure the 315's on the Jeep and I cannot remember now what they were...I will however measure the 37's later and post.

OP
OP
Rescue119

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2021 Jeep GC L Limited
I agree, especially for 2-door's a 35' is the sweet spot!

I have someone who wants to buy (and has been waiting very patiently!) the Mopar lift and I tired of taking the front end apart.

The 3/4" higher is really a bit much for me, with the Mopar lift and normal stuff (basic camp gear/ice chests) she did not sit too low in the rear. If the springs are indeed correct, the Synergy 2" may fit just right...for me. Also, the rear fenders do not sit as high as the front so when measured from the fenders and she still sits high...
My plan is just to add rubi springs and eventually put a 34" tire once the

But for now practicle mods are first.
Today I made front window bug screen inserts for car camping. Seems like front window screens are a product that doesn't exist.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? window
If you want black out inserts go to a micheals and grab foam board and cut to fit. Works great.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
My plan is just to add rubi springs and eventually put a 34" tire once the

But for now practicle mods are first.
Once you go 34s you know you'll want 35s. I know once I put my 35s on next month I'll want 37s, good thing my smaller axles will put the brakes on that idea, lol.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Put in some grill markers
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08YYTFH9P?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
These come w/ the whimpiest nuts ever, so I got some M10x1.00 pitch (extra fine thread) real nuts and some thick 3/8" ID rubber washers and they fit perfect in the honeycomb grill holes. Tapped into the side marker wire (white for pos black for ground). Lights seem to be great quality and have a nice beam.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? IMG_0771.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? IMG_0772.JPG

WhtRubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
Still debating on aftermarket bumper options, which will be my next mod... But it's paralysis by analysis at the moment.

So far the mods I have done have been minor QoL upgrades:
1.) CMM grab bar phone mount.
2.) Swapped to a 13" stubby antenna.
3.) Removed "Wrangler" stickers from front quarter panels (Looks better without IMO).
4.) Installed Boomerang Masterseries back tire cover.
5.) Installed OEM stainless steel door guards (Bought on Amazon for $100 less than factory).
6.) Installed OEM all-weather floor mats (Bought on Quadratec for $75 less than factory).

Reldn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Rubicon, '22 4Runner TRD Pro, '22 Ram 1500
My Quadratec sill guards have started to gap for some reason and letting air in around the door. Pulled those, and I've got a set of the Mopar steel sill guards I'll see about replacing them with this weekend.

I've also continued to Waffle back and forth on which engine skid plate to get(M.O.R.E. or Asfir). Just about pulled the trigger on the Asfir plate until I went to check out and saw the shipping. The M.O.R.E. skid came in a fair bit cheaper with free shipping and a coupon, so, I ended up purchasing that one instead! Got it in red. It'll pair nicely with my Rancho skids(if I can ever get a chance to get them installed...) and Rubicon shocks. *laughs*

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am liking the 37x12.50 'D' KO2's that Discount switched me into much better than the 37x12.50 'C'' KO2's...Wider tread by about 5/8", flatter tread and so far 29PSI cold seems to work well with the 17"x8.5" Mopar wheels. That said, so far I am still convinced 315's are the sweet spot for 2-door JL's...

Last week I had a chance to get her on an alignment rack and while everything was 'within spec' I found I have lost nearly 2 degrees of caster...With the new Dana UD44 front axle and Metalcloak 2.5" springs she measured 4.7 left and 4.9 right (before was at 6.7 left and 6.9 right) so this morning I adjusted each lower Teraflex IR arm out two full turns. Going to go road test soon and grab lunch but will not get a chance to get it back on a rack for a week or so-be interesting to see how much two full turns on these arms increase caster.

Yesterday, in prep for Accutune setting up some Fox shocks, I had her weighed at a certified weighing location...YIKES! Without the rocksliders (JCR or ARB) I will soon be installing (JPP ones are off and sold) and about another 150 pounds for audio upgrades and soundproofing, she tipped the scales at 4880! This was with a full tank but without my 205 pounds...Jeep lists the 20' JLR 3.6 auto at 3995 curb weight.
Sponsored

Last edited: