Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 WK 2014 JK, 2021 JLR snazzberry
Occupation
damn near retired
5 tire rotation with this slacker!
B2FBDA81-EF4A-4FFE-8694-06CBA50F6180.jpeg
I feel your pain. I've got one that is the same way. Always ready and willing to go out and have fun, but when it comes to work around the house or garage, just lay's around and won't lift a paw to help. Frustrating for sure.

WDBGR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon 2-Door
Serious modding, swapped wheel caps. Since I wasn’t reusing the old ones and didn’t want to remove wheels, I drilled a hole and popped them out with a screwdriver😂.
FE212A9B-7C5C-44A2-9125-256BE24E4522.jpeg
05EDF2AF-84D9-4386-AC79-5EB12DBFAA76.jpeg

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 2 Door Jeep JL Sport S / 2021 JLUR
Occupation
Merchant Marine
Installed a Warn winch plate and Warn Zeon 10S winch. First winch install, took me about 4 hours.

IMG_6888.jpg

IMG_6889.jpg

IMG_6890.jpg

IMG_6892.jpg
Nice job!
HellaYella is such a kicka$$ color. Glad you came to the 2 door side.

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Installed some Artec LCA skids! For anyone who hasn’t done this yet, do it BEFORE you twist and mangle your brackets. It will make your life much easier as they are an EXTREMELY tight fit, but that’s why I went with Artec.

I ended up using a die grinder to make one of the holes bigger on the drivers side bracket, and was able to force the passenger side on using the factory scissor jack and weight of the vehicle. If I would have started with these, I’m sure they would have slipped right on.

1659756310333.jpeg

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S (on order), 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
(Finally) installed a set of Willys takeoffs rims/tires.

IMG_4457.JPG
Nice. I might consider that down the road. Love the black rims.

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Nice. I might consider that down the road. Love the black rims.
Thanks. I was already running the black steelies that came with my Sport, but just liked the mild upgrade in tire size and subtle style of the Willys rims. Although Rubi takeoffs are much more plentiful, I prefer the Willys config, as it doesn't require a speedo recalibration and exerts negligible stress on the Sport's brakes and drivetrain. Plus, I got a good deal from a local seller. Hope you are able to find a nice set when you're ready and happy Jeepin'!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Thanks. I was already running the black steelies that came with my Sport, but just liked the mild upgrade in tire size and subtle style of the Willys rims. Although Rubi takeoffs are much more plentiful, I prefer the Willys config, as it doesn't require a speedo recalibration and exerts negligible stress on the Sport's brakes and drivetrain. Plus, I got a good deal from a local seller. Hope you are able to find a nice set when you're ready and happy Jeepin'!
Looking good Jeff, bet you don't even notice much difference going down the road w/ the new size.
That wheel tire combo is a perfect fit there IMO.

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Looking good Jeff, bet you don't even notice much difference going down the road w/ the new size.
That wheel tire combo is a perfect fit there IMO.
Thanks Brad...the new config is just right for my taste and use case, and I really appreciate your assistance in helping me make a decision. The only difference I can feel, is the performance of the new MT's vs. the stock AT's. Of course, both have their pros and cons, and the noise and feel of the KM2's sort of remind me of tires I typically ran on my old CJ-5. While these were a good deal and are plenty sufficient for the time being, I will probably install KO2's or something similar when these tires wear out. Until then, just enjoying the new shoes and thanks again for all the great info!

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
With the amount of very low mileage “takeoff” tires that are available out there on a day to day basis… Why would anyone buy new tires if they didn’t have to?

I’m running 285 70 17 falken at3w’s which aren’t uncommon and I’m happy with them. So if the takeoffs are the right size and a fraction of the price of new, I may never buy new tires again! 🤔

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
Finally got some time to work on some Jeep projects. Since mounting space in the 2dr is pretty limited I bought some Fishbone Offroad storage bins and drilled some holes to mount some quick fist clamps. I was hoping to attach a molle panel to it but it still hasn't arrived after several weeks. :(

IMG_0175.JPG

Will probably end up mounting the molle panel to this bin instead and add some mounts for a flashlight.

IMG_0176.JPG

Also added a fire extinguisher just in case.
IMG_0177.JPG

Jim Marsh Chrysler Jeep