Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Did a LOD Signature mid today with the Zeon. There was more than a few curse words. Still have the rear to install so that is good to hear. I had painters tape and ram board covering everything because I had heard about the tight fit.
20220430_172857.jpg

Also got Xpel Stealth PPF installed a month or so ago. I am very happy how it turned out. Also did new 392 bronze badges. Waiting on some Trail Ready bronze wheels.

20220312_081301.jpg

20220312_081252.jpg
I like what you did with that grille!
Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 7149F685-FFB9-4B56-98FC-F00C9850B21C

Was driving on the interstate when the rear locker light started flashing… It wasn’t actually locked though, only saying it was. I would get it to go off, by pushing off and most time it would. Now it’s persistently on.

Called the local dealer for an oil change and to get it looked at. They are like, that sucks, can’t see you to the 19th and oil change is first come, first serve. I asked if I could drop it off for a few days tomorrow for the oil change and look at the locker sensor when ever someone has spare time to get things ordered. Nope, I could drop it off for the oil change, but they won’t lock look at the rearend till the 19th. What ever, go somewhere else…

One reason I feel the warranty on these have little value…

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
7149F685-FFB9-4B56-98FC-F00C9850B21C.jpeg

Was driving on the interstate when the rear locker light started flashing… It wasn’t actually locked though, only saying it was. I would get it to go off, by pushing off and most time it would. Now it’s persistently on.

Called the local dealer for an oil change and to get it looked at. They are like, that sucks, can’t see you to the 19th and oil change is first come, first serve. I asked if I could drop it off for a few days tomorrow for the oil change and look at the locker sensor when ever someone has spare time to get things ordered. Nope, I could drop it off for the oil change, but they won’t lock look at the rearend till the 19th. What ever, go somewhere else…

This is a common issue...your locker isn't locked, just a faulty sensor. They have a $300 replacement part available now, instead of swapping your whole axle (that was more ridiculous than this price).
Conversely, you could get the zlocker OEM harness and be done with it.
https://www.zautomotive.com/product/z_lkr_oem/
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 1651539119457

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
This is a common issue...your locker isn't locked, just a faulty sensor. They have a $300 replacement part available now, instead of swapping your whole axle (that was more ridiculous than this price).
Conversely, you could get the zlocker OEM harness and be done with it.
https://www.zautomotive.com/product/z_lkr_oem/
I’m aware of the issue. But even when it started to come on when going down the interstate, it’s enough to make your heart skip a beat thinking about the axles locking at 70+ mid turn... I did pull over and top it up with fuel, gave it a look over and made sure the axle weren’t locked.

At first I could push the off button for it to go away and that would work for a bit, not it seems to be permanently on and won’t go off.

I may order the part and replace it myself, but I would want to be reimbursed.

Traveller128

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys 2 Door 6 speed
Occupation
Volvo Master Technician
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 1651539119457

We'd be hard pressed to see you before next month on the 19th right now. We're 5 weeks out solid. Tow-ins and drop offs we try to work in, but no promises.

But, we would have told you to drop it off and we'd try to get someone to look at it to diagnose it during a break in the action before then, and if a part showed up we'd try to get it rotated back through.

Functional issue stuff like this, we try to get worked in despite the schedule.

Sponsored

Traveller128

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Volvo Master Technician
Ordered some diff parts today. Found out the True Trac that fits the JK, also fits the JL (front Dana 30) so just ordered that to go with the install kits.

Ordered 4.10 Dana gear sets yesterday after an extended internet search for them. I found someone that had the Advantek rear 4.10 set (pretty much on national back order) and got the last Dana 30 front set on Amazon that was reasonable priced. The price went up $120 after I bought the "last" item.

Man, prices are going stupid. Dana used to be reasonably priced, and now everyone is starting to gouge. I'm not unhappy with what I paid, but as of now, the front set is up $120 (about an hour after I ordered mine) and the rear set has like, 2 sets back East that I could find, and they were $390 and $462. I only paid $250 and thought that was more than the $227 I saw a couple weeks ago.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
We'd be hard pressed to see you before next month on the 19th right now. We're 5 weeks out solid. Tow-ins and drop offs we try to work in, but no promises.

But, we would have told you to drop it off and we'd try to get someone to look at it to diagnose it during a break in the action before then, and if a part showed up we'd try to get it rotated back through.

Functional issue stuff like this, we try to get worked in despite the schedule.
Back in Central Florida, it seems I could schedule it to get looked at when doing the oil change and within a few days with an appointment. But up in the Panhandle it’s a no go, it doesn’t work for my schedule for someone who’s going to be a week here and there before moving out of state... Stuff like this, makes me very worried about buying a new truck from FCA/Stellantis and depending on it for someone who travels regularly.

I could order the part and fix it myself quicker, with less convenience it seems. I will try the Central Florida dealers when I am in the area and give them the chance. Maybe it’s the normal with FCA/Stellantis dealers, it‘s just not the normal experience I had with other makes prior.

Traveller128

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Volvo Master Technician
Out here, the going shop wait time is a month. Things got behind a little during the first part of covid, and then it just snowballed. We have an influx of people into our area, and all the shops are slammed with people wanting work done. I was told by a shop yesterday, that it would be end of June and $1800 for them to change axle gears. In other words, bugger off, we're busy.

I can't get anyone to return phone calls. 3 other shops that acted excited to do axle gears, haven't called back with a quote. This is including 4 wheel parts, and another off road shop here in town. That's what they DO, they work on 4X4 vehicles. The dealer we purchased from said they'd be happy to do it, they were going to check with their drivetrain tech. Crickets since.

I will probably do it myself. I'm buried in work all week, and was hoping to avoid setting up axles, it's not my favorite work. But, I can do it right, I have the tools, and I'll just have to give up weekend time to get it done.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Installed caps for wipers and keyholes that came in from @Threedom today. Really love the fit and finish of these.

AD7AB76A-2DDD-44F1-B045-F85118F2C8D5.jpeg

59A4871F-BBEF-4995-957B-02A737AA0FD5.jpeg
@Jeep4Win

Yup, they look good.. and the door lock caps not only hide the shiney door locks but also keep crapola off/out of the locks.

Do, on occasion, coat the caps with 303 Protectorant or a similar product. The harsh Sun can do a number on any black plastic.

I have had Threedom caps on my JL for quite some time now and am in Florida, lots. My caps all still look as good as new..

NOW, when you going to go with a Threedom fob? While I truly like the caps, the Threedom fobs I have are a pleasure and I'm glad I have them.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I got three quotes that ranged from $6k to $8k. The most experienced place was in the middle so i went with them. It is a lot of work, they had it for five full days.
Jeep PPF Stealth.PNG
It looks great!

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
@Jeep4Win

Yup, they look good.. and the door lock caps not only hide the shiney door locks but also keep crapola off/out of the locks.

Do, on occasion, coat the caps with 303 Protectorant or a similar product. The harsh Sun can do a number on any black plastic.

I have had Threedom caps on my JL for quite some time now and am in Florida, lots. My caps all still look as good as new..

NOW, when you going to go with a Threedom fob? While I truly like the caps, the Threedom fobs I have are a pleasure and I'm glad I have them.
I plan on using protection every now and then. I have quite a bit of it from my JK days. Since I have painted fenders now I haven’t had much need for it.

As for the fob I actually like the OEM one.
Sponsored