Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Hand washed the jeep for the first time of the season,5 tire rotation and painted the brake calipers blue with g2 paint.
IMG_3117.jpeg
IMG_3123.jpeg
IMG_3124.jpeg
IMG_3119.jpeg
Looks good! Once this time of year hits I have to put plywood under my jackstands otherwise they start digging into the asphalt when the sun hits.
Sponsored

Javwohl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 vw gti, 2001 dodge ram, 2023 jlr punk'n
Occupation
engineer
Thanks, luckily I don’t have to worry about that to much.

Mizzou100

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 2dr
Just got back from Moab Friday. So i spent 5 hours cleaning the Jeep. Inside and out, the red sand and dust gets everywhere. 2,500 miles of bugs and grime. I washednit everyday there, but it still took some real elbow grease. Had to pull the spare to clean all the dirt out of it.

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
Just got back from Moab Friday. So i spent 5 hours cleaning the Jeep. Inside and out, the red sand and dust gets everywhere. 2,500 miles of bugs and grime. I washednit everyday there, but it still took some real elbow grease. Had to pull the spare to clean all the dirt out of it.
That's the real Badge of Honor... :)

Sponsored

KevinBoston

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler
2024 Willys. New doors off mirrors. A little disappointed. When tightening the bottom bolt the paint chipped. I will get a better pair of mirrors that mount somewhere else and touch up the paint. Rocky seemed to enjoy the ride =-)
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 2024-jeep-warangler-willys-doors-off

Dgr401

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S - Granite Crystal
Occupation
Retired
Somehow my Mopar grab handles got twisted and wouldn’t lay even so I took off the Freedom Panels and reinstalled the handles. I also changed the cabin air filter. It may not sound like much but to me it was significant, this was the first thing I have been able to do on the Jeep since my stroke not long ago. It has been a great day.

MK212MX

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 80th Edition
Just bought these five take offs from a guy that just purchased a 2023 Rubicon diesel. Tires have maybe 250 miles on them, and have the sensors. Gave him $1,000 for all five. Think I got a pretty good deal. These will replace the wheels and tires that cam on my 2021 80th. Quite a bit wider but not much taller as the 80th has 255/70/18 on it already.

Tires.jpg

Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Finally got around to installing Under Cover Fab's tailgate reinforcement bracket. Couple things:
  • Enlarged 2 of the hinge holes closer to the middle of the vehicle
  • Clearanced a small area in the middle/bottom
  • Didn't use any of the hinge spacers or outer lower spare tire mount spacers
  • drilled some additional holes for the wiring harness clips
  • Ordered different bolts & painted to better match OEM look
https://undercoverfab.com/jeep-jl-j...inner-tire-carrier-reinforcement-bracket.html

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? PXL_20240602_213944481

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? PXL_20240602_213935851

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? PXL_20240602_213959998

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Finally got around to installing Under Cover Fab's tailgate reinforcement bracket. Couple things:
  • Enlarged 2 of the hinge holes closer to the middle of the vehicle
  • Clearanced a small area in the middle/bottom
  • Didn't use any of the hinge spacers or outer lower spare tire mount spacers
  • drilled some additional holes for the wiring harness clips
  • Ordered different bolts & painted to better match OEM look
https://undercoverfab.com/jeep-jl-j...inner-tire-carrier-reinforcement-bracket.html

This is interesting. So is the logic behind this to now replace or strengthen the tailgate from the outside, or streamline any external bracing?

I have the Teraflex system now, and I'm not sure this would do much to improve upon that, but might be good as a supplemental support for the Mopar reinforcement.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
This is interesting. So is the logic behind this to now replace or strengthen the tailgate from the outside, or streamline any external bracing?

I have the Teraflex system now, and I'm not sure this would do much to improve upon that, but might be good as a supplemental support for the Mopar reinforcement.
I'm actually going to see how this does without any other modifications. I just got 315s and likely won't ever go bigger, and the stock wheels mean the tire is really tight on the tailgate's bump stops.

If I decide to further strengthen things It will be with UCF's Hinge reinforcement and/or the Mopar reinforcement painted body color.

Edit: The tire just barely rubbed the bumper when closing, but after the brace it just barely clears. Not sure if the tailgate alignment changed at all, but it does seem to sag a little less than before.

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I'm actually going to see how this does without any other modifications. I just got 315s and likely won't ever go bigger, and the stock wheels mean the tire is really tight on the tailgate's bump stops.

If I decide to further strengthen things It will be with UCF's Hinge reinforcement and/or the Mopar reinforcement painted body color.

Edit: The tire just barely rubbed the bumper when closing, but after the brace it just barely clears. Not sure if the tailgate alignment changed at all, but it does seem to sag a little less than before.
It probably reduced or eliminated any twisting that was happening with the added weight! Pretty cool that it's completely hidden, and I'm glad it seems to be working for you.

Javwohl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 vw gti, 2001 dodge ram, 2023 jlr punk'n
Occupation
engineer
Added some Amazon foot pegs.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? IMG_3141
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? IMG_3142
Sponsored