Sponsored

What did you do to your 2dr today?

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
Assembled and installed my hitchmount rack for kayaks this summer. I've struggled to find a non-trailer solution for hauling them around that isn't thousands of dollars, but I was worried something like this wouldn't be very sturdy. After assembly and strapping it down as instructed, it's rock solid! They advertise that it only takes 3 minutes to take it off, but it took maybe half that. Probably takes about 5 minutes to get it all hooked up on the Jeep once it's assembled, if that.

Supposedly you're good to stack two kayaks on it without the need for additional hardware, but I'm skeptical about doing so without damaging one of them in the process. Probably going to take the padding off and put J-hooks on there and set my mind at ease.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 1713193315177-po
Sponsored

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-Dr
Assembled and installed my hitchmount rack for kayaks this summer. I've struggled to find a non-trailer solution for hauling them around that isn't thousands of dollars, but I was worried something like this wouldn't be very sturdy. After assembly and strapping it down as instructed, it's rock solid! They advertise that it only takes 3 minutes to take it off, but it took maybe half that. Probably takes about 5 minutes to get it all hooked up on the Jeep once it's assembled, if that.

Supposedly you're good to stack two kayaks on it without the need for additional hardware, but I'm skeptical about doing so without damaging one of them in the process. Probably going to take the padding off and put J-hooks on there and set my mind at ease.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 1713193315177-po
Yeah, those bars can cause your kayak to deform over time. You might consider Malone Seawings. I use them for my yaks, and they're solid & supportive over a larger area. They also help you keep the yak centered / lined up when you load.

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
Yeah, those bars can cause your kayak to deform over time. You might consider Malone Seawings. I use them for my yaks, and they're solid & supportive over a larger area. They also help you keep the yak centered / lined up when you load.
Nice, thanks for that, I love the ability to line them up and slide them on, especially if I'm going solo.

I'll have to see if I can get those side by side on this thing. It's pretty narrow (42 inches) and my kayaks are each 31.5inches wide. I haven't played with the measurements, but if I slide the seawings as far to the outside as possible I might be able to make it work.

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-Dr
Nice, thanks for that, I love the ability to line them up and slide them on, especially if I'm going solo.

I'll have to see if I can get those side by side on this thing. It's pretty narrow (42 inches) and my kayaks are each 31.5inches wide. I haven't played with the measurements, but if I slide the seawings as far to the outside as possible I might be able to make it work.
At under 16" on center each, that means the center of your Seawings need to be about 32" apart, or 5" from each end of your bars. At 4" from.each side, they'd be separated by around 3".

Sponsored

cafecito820

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2022 TRX

Javwohl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 vw gti, 2001 dodge ram, 2023 jlr punk'n
Occupation
engineer

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Lol oh I’ve been looking at this recently too
It's worth it! I received the floor kit as a gift, so I don't have the cargo wheelhouse covers yet, but even without the wheelhouse covers, the reduction in road noise is amazing. I could tell the difference just backing out of the driveway after install.

Also, wet boots don't slip on this material. I always found it awkward getting in and out with the factory floor mats when there was rain or snow, because my feet often slipped while getting in, but now they don't move a bit. I'm extremely happy with Armorlite.

Javwohl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
engineer
It's worth it! I received the floor kit as a gift, so I don't have the cargo wheelhouse covers yet, but even without the wheelhouse covers, the reduction in road noise is amazing. I could tell the difference just backing out of the driveway after install.

Also, wet boots don't slip on this material. I always found it awkward getting in and out with the factory floor mats when there was rain or snow, because my feet often slipped while getting in, but now they don't move a bit. I'm extremely happy with Armorlite.
the road noise has never been a big issue for me but i have notice that after installing the hothead headliners it is a bit quieter inside now exhaust is still loud but then it's supposed to be :LOL: .
The biggest thing I've noticed looking into the armorlite flooring system is the reduction from the heat coming though, have been noticing a lot of heat coming in when been on the road for a decent amount of time. That and i think the khaki would look good and help lighten up the interior even more.

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

the road noise has never been a big issue for me but i have notice that after installing the hothead headliners it is a bit quieter inside now exhaust is still loud but then it's supposed to be :LOL: .
The biggest thing I've noticed looking into the armorlite flooring system is the reduction from the heat coming though, have been noticing a lot of heat coming in when been on the road for a decent amount of time. That and i think the khaki would look good and help lighten up the interior even more.
I actually like the way yours looks with the black floors and tan everywhere else. To me, it transitions nicely, and I am not sure how dark or light the Armorlite flooring is.

I also was never interested in reducing road noise... it is a jeep, after all. My JKU I ran for years with no carpet or drain plugs in the summer and it never bothered me much, but I did get pretty hot. I haven't noticed the heat on my JL, and felt it was fairly quiet from the factory, but once you put in the Armorlite and go on that first road trip, it's ridiculously nice.

Regulating the cab temperature with the Armorlite installed is noticeably easier as well, even without a headliner.

Sponsored

Javwohl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
engineer
I actually like the way yours looks with the black floors and tan everywhere else. To me, it transitions nicely, and I am not sure how dark or light the Armorlite flooring is.

I also was never interested in reducing road noise... it is a jeep, after all. My JKU I ran for years with no carpet or drain plugs in the summer and it never bothered me much, but I did get pretty hot. I haven't noticed the heat on my JL, and felt it was fairly quiet from the factory, but once you put in the Armorlite and go on that first road trip, it's ridiculously nice.

Regulating the cab temperature with the Armorlite installed is noticeably easier as well, even without a headliner.
I was just relooking at my pics and i think i agree the black flooring allows enough contrast to the tan. Once i get the jeep back from the body shop hopefully in next couple weeks, ill be installing the diabolical slipstream so most the back will be covered anyways. Since i plan to do that and ill have sub box behind the front seats don't know how much the full system will actually benefit me may just go with the fronts and call it good.

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I was just relooking at my pics and i think i agree the black flooring allows enough contrast to the tan. Once i get the jeep back from the body shop hopefully in next couple weeks, ill be installing the diabolical slipstream so most the back will be covered anyways. Since i plan to do that and ill have sub box behind the front seats don't know how much the full system will actually benefit me may just go with the fronts and call it good.
If the inside of your jeep doesn't see rain on occasion, and will be covered by the Diabolical Slipstream and sub box anyways, then I probably wouldn't bother with the full system. The front floors are definitely the hardest part to install, though. Make sure it's warm out, or crank the heat on the floors during install and it makes things a lot easier.

The black Armorlite blends pretty well with the carpet. You can see both in the cargo area of my Jeep.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 1713288754259-bq

Javwohl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
engineer
If the inside of your jeep doesn't see rain on occasion, and will be covered by the Diabolical Slipstream and sub box anyways, then I probably wouldn't bother with the full system. The front floors are definitely the hardest part to install, though. Make sure it's warm out, or crank the heat on the floors during install and it makes things a lot easier.

The black Armorlite blends pretty well with the carpet. You can see both in the cargo area of my Jeep.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 1713288754259-bq
yeah that’s what I’m thinking to and watching the video of dirt road cred doing the install it did look to be a bit of a pain.

Took me several seconds to actually locate the carpet lol. It really does match really well.

cinnur

First Name
sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 DR Sport 3.6L 6MT
Could be file size or format.
You can try to copy/paste instead of attaching.
It is neither of those suggestions. The system appears to think I am in the middle of an upload and I cannot clear it for whatever the cause. A popup has appeared a few times telling me about the upload.
I can change my profile picture, but not upload to a message.

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLR, '13 Juke Nismo, '88 10th Anny RX7
Lol oh I’ve been looking at this recently too
Find someone with it before you pull the trigger. Its got a major blue/grey tint to the tan compared to the factory top and seats
Sponsored