What did you do to your 2dr today?

RoccoV

First Name
Rocco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I got tired of how much the door seals suck on the JL and decided to do what many Ford guys do. I ran surgical tubing between the areas where factory seal is soft and under any wind will not seal properly. Finally the door shuts firm and when you push on the seal from the inside, it does not let light and wind noise in.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 20230328_183439

What size did you use?

AdamG

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLSportS
Now that I’ve had my lift on for a couple weeks, I want to flex it and check for any interference, cables extended too much, etc. Anyone have a checklist of what to do and where to look? I don’t want to miss anything critical.

Sponsored

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
Finally did the lift, took a 5 day weekend at my pace, but she's together. 3" JKS lift, Fox 2.5s, and 37x12.50 Grabbers:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 1680111140945

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 1680111185531

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Finally did the lift, took a 5 day weekend at my pace, but she's together. 3" JKS lift, Fox 2.5s, and 37x12.50 Grabbers:

1680111140945.png

1680111185531.png
Love that JLR, great color combo too, well done sir! Is that your he-shed in the background?? Just heat and a kegerator??

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Now that I’ve had my lift on for a couple weeks, I want to flex it and check for any interference, cables extended too much, etc. Anyone have a checklist of what to do and where to look? I don’t want to miss anything critical.
@Roky is the flex king, maybe he'll chime in :)

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
Love that JLR, great color combo too, well done sir! Is that your he-shed in the background?? Just heat and a kegerator??
I wish, just lawn tools unfortunately - though moving lawn/property tools out of the work shop might've left enough room to fit a kegerator....

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
How did you go about doing this?
Not sure how he did it, but the muffler removal is simple, a couple hangers IIRC and that pipe clamp, took me about 15 mins when I removed mine to install my exhaust. A good 3 coats of BBQ paint or VHT high temp paint and you should be good to go!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
How did you go about doing this?
I do not remove the muffler...

I use either steel wool or sand paper on the muffler and tailpipe... then I wipe it down with rubbing alcohol... yup, rubbing alcohol..... let it dry a few minutes and then spray paint. I do multiple light coats of paint.. High Heat BBQ spray paint..

I just use a new, unused, flat, USPS Priority Mail mailing boxes to limit where the spray goes when spraying. Just keep moving the box in front of me.... I'm real careful not to get over spray on the red shocks...

I do on a day when there is no breeze and I always place a drop cloth under the muffler so over spray does not get on the surface below.

I touch up the paint job on the muffler every few months..... as needed.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? rigid-lites

RudiconAZ

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Rubicon JL
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Installed the Goose Gear tailgate table. Very easy installation (didn't even need extra pair of hands to hold table during install). Table is very sturdy, no rattles. The bamboo cutting board slides out. The bamboo was very dry so it's gotten its first coat of mineral oil.
b
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? Goose Gear Tailgate Tabl

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
I do not remove the muffler...

I use either steel wool or sand paper on the muffler and tailpipe... then I wipe it down with rubbing alcohol... yup, rubbing alcohol..... let it dry a few minutes and then spray paint. I do multiple light coats of paint.. High Heat BBQ spray paint..

I just use a new, unused, flat, USPS Priority Mail mailing boxes to limit where the spray goes when spraying. Just keep moving the box in front of me.... I'm real careful not to get over spray on the red shocks...

I do on a day when there is no breeze and I always place a drop cloth under the muffler so over spray does not get on the surface below.

I touch up the paint job on the muffler every few months..... as needed.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? Goose Gear Tailgate Tabl

What he said.

Except I used an extra paper roll I had in the garage and taped off the areas I didn't want to hit with paint. I can never seem to control where spray paint goes so I wanted to extra protection just in case.
Sponsored