Sponsored

What Did You Do To Improve The Luxury or Comfort Of Your Jeep?

Yorkie3621

First Name
stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S. Silver/Tan
Okay, yes! I know we don't buy a Jeep for the luxury or comfort, however...

I bought mine because I love the way they drive, I hate all the other 'samey' and boring vehicles on the road and I wanted something that would be the best convertible, convert to any mood I'm in, get me to work and back in any weather, without boring me and make the drive interesting.

I'm not interested in making my Jeep better off road, I'm interested in making it more comfortable, more luxurious, quiet and pleasant to be in.

To that end, I've done soundproofing top to bottom and got it down to 69db at 70mph.
Upgraded the speakers
Added custom Luxe Mats
A few other minor interior touches

What have you done, or plan to do to improve the comfort and luxury of your Jeep?
Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
HotHead liners and a dead petal is it so far. My previous Jeeps were very sparse. This JL is a posh in comparison.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Yorkie3621

Yorkie3621

First Name
stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK I'm impressed. Did you measure Db before mod?
Yes. Before I added sound deadening and the boom may, it was 78db at 70mph. I measured using app on my phone and on the same piece of freeway so I could make sure it was accurate.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I have done nothing. The list of mods for this category I would like to do are.
  1. Add seat heaters, stupid me got every option but the cold weather as I was in CA at the time. Now I need it.
  2. Paint the roof and add headliners. Want to paint the top first so this is the delay as I have no way to remove the roof yet.
  3. Lift to remove the roof to do number 2.
  4. Maybe attack this new mod you have done and add sound deadening. Looks impressive.

Sponsored

diesel_jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4bt Cj
has anyone tried installing one of those aftermarket heated steering wheel pads with a separate leather stitched cover? Seems like this project could be done for less than 50 bucks.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Okay, yes! I know we don't buy a Jeep for the luxury or comfort, however...

I bought mine because I love the way they drive, I hate all the other 'samey' and boring vehicles on the road and I wanted something that would be the best convertible, convert to any mood I'm in, get me to work and back in any weather, without boring me and make the drive interesting.

I'm not interested in making my Jeep better off road, I'm interested in making it more comfortable, more luxurious, quiet and pleasant to be in.

To that end, I've done soundproofing top to bottom and got it down to 69db at 70mph.
Upgraded the speakers
Added custom Luxe Mats
A few other minor interior touches

What have you done, or plan to do to improve the comfort and luxury of your Jeep?
I always assumed the majority of the noise was from wind noise. A lot less wind noise now?

OP
OP
Yorkie3621

Yorkie3621

First Name
stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I always assumed the majority of the noise was from wind noise. A lot less wind noise now?
the wind noise is the only thing I can’t get rid of, and I’ve tried adding extra sealing strips and softening the gaskets etc., but it’s not too bad. ‘It’s a Jeep’
Sponsored