Sponsored

What Did You Do To Improve The Luxury or Comfort Of Your Jeep?

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Okay, yes! I know we don't buy a Jeep for the luxury or comfort, however...

I bought mine because I love the way they drive, I hate all the other 'samey' and boring vehicles on the road and I wanted something that would be the best convertible, convert to any mood I'm in, get me to work and back in any weather, without boring me and make the drive interesting.

I'm not interested in making my Jeep better off road, I'm interested in making it more comfortable, more luxurious, quiet and pleasant to be in.

To that end, I've done soundproofing top to bottom and got it down to 69db at 70mph.
Upgraded the speakers
Added custom Luxe Mats
A few other minor interior touches

What have you done, or plan to do to improve the comfort and luxury of your Jeep?
...improve the set of occupants that ride with me? ... ;) I say in generic terms: I love my family.
Sponsored

jollyjerry

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU Willys Sport, 89 CRX Si, 90 Buick Reatta
I used the sound insulating mat on my Mazda6 all over the trunk, and weatherstripping on the doors. I think my brain lied to me saying it’s marginally quieter to justify the effort. Imagine it makes a bigger perceived difference if you’re starting with more noise. If I do this again, I would choose the thickest and heaviest mat, forget what I used years ago, but it’s the same amount of effort and time. I wouldn’t worry about the weight difference in a jeep either.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I had a local upholstery guy take out the factory foam from the seats and add gel memory foam that was 2 1/2 inches thicker and put the original Jeep seat covers back on. It cost me $700 and he did it in one day. Dropped it off mid morning and picked it up mid afternoon.

I also added sound deadening to the Jeep to quiet it down.

Red Dirt

First Name
Karla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19BikiniJLUR, 23ReignJLUR, 23MerceS580
I love our Jeeps but they are severely lacking in storage space. So I got these bike bags for holding water bottles and strapped them up on the grab bar. They are perfect for holding a variety of things: loose change, phone, glasses, napkins, even french fry containers. Almost anything that's not too heavy because they will slip a little. I've found the ones with the loops at the top and the velcro straps work best. There are different sizes and I was lucky to find some blue ones for the 4xe. I'm often the passenger and they don't get in the way of my space.

holders1.jpg

holders2.jpg

holders3.jpg

Sponsored

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
I've added a few minor comfort features. However, the one my wife and I are currently most grateful for are the aftermarket seat heaters I installed.

We just enjoyed several days in the mountains with temperatures mostly in single digits and never getting above 30F.

Last edited: