Sponsored

What Did You Do To Improve The Luxury or Comfort Of Your Jeep?

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Have you made any seat changes yet? If so, how did it work out?
I’m curious too, looks like a nicer option compared to the factory leather seats.
Sponsored

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
I have been doing some noise reduction on my Jeep for a little while now. I decided to do this after my trip out to the east coast which was a 10hr drive. Having a summer trip planned to go out to Colorado and Moab this summer, which is even longer, I thought I would try and reduce some cabin noise for long toad trips with my wife and daughter.

I have a soft top, lifted on 37’s Ridge grapplers. The tires which were on my previous JLUR are near the end of their life now at nearly 50k miles on them, so they have become a little louder now adding to the road noise. I provided a link to my build with all the steps I took and explaining what I did in my process for some noise reduction.

I been recording decibel readings with my phone app (probably not the best or most accurate)
but I will be posting that data soon.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/project-zero-20-jlur-and-craft-brew.48018/

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase

Since a few members mentioned the door seal not being great at sealing out wind noise, I wonder if you add closed cell foam solid core weather stripping inside of the hollow seal around the door, if it would help seal it any better. If you removed the seal and pushed it through all the way around and then put it back on the door.

something like in the link below. They provide many different sizes so that would have to be figured out. Any thoughts to this, or has anyone tried it already?

?temp_hash=74134c9166e8f4fc826d9a94912598dc.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Trim-Lok-Cor...rimlok+solid&qid=1587423883&sr=8-4&th=1&psc=1

Attachments

Sponsored

Spdu4ia

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Rubi
Added the weather striping to the doors . Ended up doubling it on the front area by the windshield for an even better seal. Yes, I can tell a difference in the hwy with wind noise. On a side note you have to shut the doors like you mean it and it sounds like a bank vault now.

F763CFAD-DE3F-431A-B09A-E91B14A290C6.jpeg

D8085EC7-FCE7-41F1-BB77-E42B09BFC2C3.jpeg

A4621A0C-B535-4021-8130-B550968E8F7B.jpeg

Endless Summer

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 AMG E63S
Wow ^^ If you could build a "kit" for that and sell them for $100, you could retire if you had $80 margin on each of them.. Great thread, guys.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Well I have attempted a few things. I added the weatherstripping from Amazon. At first I was unconvinced that it helped at all. But I don't think that I had a good seal. I may not have closed my door hard enough or something. Subsequent checks have shown that it has dropped from 67db to about 65. I have some noico sound deadening material on the way from Amazon. And I changed out the front dash speakers for some JBL GX328. It's not exactly a luxury SUV, but it's pretty nice for road trips now.

Sponsored

Den_JL2DR

First Name
Den
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SportS 2DR 6 Cyl Hardtop
Console cover red/black, first upgrade
Coasters, of course
Jacket hangar hooks
PRP Red stitch on Black seat covers
Removed rear seat (2DR) spacious
Home made carpet liner and pad for no-rear-seat cargo area
Moso Bamboo Charcoal Natural Odor Absorber bag, behind console.

Comfort To Go:
Dead pedal in transit
Cargo lighting in progress, home made
Hothead headliners, summer coming
Outback Adventure tailgate table, but first a larger tire upgrade, for soul comfort and creeper clearance.

20200305_220636.jpg

20200305_220645.jpg

Etsy_ClickOnPc_JeepJL_Hanger.jpg

Liner_Pic.png

PRP_seatcovers2.jpg

Last edited:

Gina

First Name
GiGi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Added keyless entry, remote start and leather wrapped wheel. heated seats coming soon (will install by July)

bgrex

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara Altitude - Sting Gray
Got this Goodyear seat-back cushion and the matching seat cushion for the Mrs when riding in passenger seat on longer trips. On a recent 4 hr drive she said it was the most comfortable (not a description usually used for Jeeps) she’s been on any of our road trips ...which of course means we’ll be logging many more hours in the Jeep in the future

Jeep Wrangler JL What Did You Do To Improve The Luxury or Comfort Of Your Jeep? 28D06CB7-AF6E-4670-97FA-8E8D22B17F81

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
link?

Got this Goodyear seat-back cushion and the matching seat cushion for the Mrs when riding in passenger seat on longer trips. On a recent 4 hr drive she said it was the most comfortable (not a description usually used for Jeeps) she’s been on any of our road trips ...which of course means we’ll be logging many more hours in the Jeep in the future

Jeep Wrangler JL What Did You Do To Improve The Luxury or Comfort Of Your Jeep? 28D06CB7-AF6E-4670-97FA-8E8D22B17F81
Sponsored