Sponsored

What Did You Do To Improve The Luxury or Comfort Of Your Jeep?

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
yes, I would say it certainly seems that way.
That would probably be my only issue I think of deadening the cabin noise is it would make the wind noise too obvious, lol. Hopefully someone comes out with some better seals then! I'd buy them. It helps taking work calls @ 80 mph during my 25 mile each way commute. Believe it or not, my JL is my quietest vehicle on the highway.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Yorkie3621

Yorkie3621

First Name
stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S. Silver/Tan
That would probably be my only issue I think of deadening the cabin noise is it would make the wind noise too obvious, lol. Hopefully someone comes out with some better seals then! I'd buy them. It helps taking work calls @ 80 mph during my 25 mile each way commute. Believe it or not, my JL is my quietest vehicle on the highway.
Agreed! I’m waiting for some better aftermarket seals.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Agreed! I’m waiting for some better aftermarket seals.
I've tried nearly every aftermarket seat out there and always returned to stock seats. I think I'm in the minority but I love the stock ones in the JL.

Aesikidesi

First Name
Rubin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUA / RUFICON
Occupation
Data Analyst / IT Data Recovery
Vehicle Showcase
I've tried nearly every aftermarket seat out there and always returned to stock seats. I think I'm in the minority but I love the stock ones in the JL.
You know I quite enjoy the noise. It drowns out the city and wife...lol.

Sponsored

jeeplaw

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Dodge Charger Daytona, 2019 JLUR
Love our factory leather seats too. Didnt think I would coming from my Alcantara seats in my scatpack and my recaros in my cts-v..but yes, super comfy on long trips!

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I did not sound proof the doors too, I might one day. The white boom mat is the one that goes along the hardtop from freedom panels to the back but not the one that also covers the sides of the hardtop, again, that might be something I add one day, but I’m really happy with how it all turned out.
When it comes to sound deadening, cover every square inch of the floor from front to back and use a hard roller to force the material flat and ensure it continues to all the grooves.
I was looking at ordering material for the floor and it struck me I had no idea how much I need. Would you have an estimate of how much it took to cover the floor pan?

OP
OP
Yorkie3621

Yorkie3621

First Name
stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I used two boxes of sound deadening and have a fair bit left, but one box isn’t enough to cover every square inch of the floor.

64062693-E103-4A2C-9751-663AEDAD7E3D.png

Adamoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon (2.0T w/ eTorque)
At 0.7 pounds per square foot this mod weighs about 60 pounds. I will be doing a lot of highway miles so that may well be worth it. Will have to wait and see once my diesel gets delivered!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Me too! Love those things! Terrified one day I’ll scoop up a hornet! Lol
Lol, ok, now you ruined it! I'll think of that every time I do it now!:LOL:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Yorkie3621

Yorkie3621

First Name
stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Use a roller to press it down and ensure it conforms to the shape of the floor and cover every square inch. Good luck.

Adamoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon (2.0T w/ eTorque)
Use a roller to press it down and ensure it conforms to the shape of the floor and cover every square inch. Good luck.
There is a black version for a few dollars more with the same specs. Are there any pieces visible when you’re done that the black version might help hide if it peaks through?
Sponsored