Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Mopar knock offs that I think are worth the price. Seems to be the same mold, doesn’t have the “wrangler” in the center which is good or bad depending on your preference.

And clear 3m tape for the top.
Sponsored

Eaglescout

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I did a combo like @Rhinebeck01 but with the step-type tape. That little lip at the top is the most vulnerable.
IMG_1151.jpg
@obwahn

What width did you go with on that safety tape? Is that 2" or did you use something wider and cut it? I guess that tape is pretty paint friendly if I ever need to remove it or re-apply more of it.

Thanks,

-Scott

Last edited:

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
@obwahn

What width did you go with on that safety tape? Is that 2" or did you use something wider and cut it? I guess that tape is pretty paint friendly if I ever need to remote it or re-apply more of it.

Thanks,

-Scott
That tape actually came from a set I bought that was supposed to be the whole sill guard. It sucked, so I used the top strip from that kit and added the Mopar guard up against it. I'd say it was about 1.5" or so. And yes, I was able to just remove the original tape that I had applied during "testing". A 2" tape should work fine.

Woodynj

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the Mopar sill guards tonight super easy except one. That tape is crazy sticky and sets almost instantly. One did not end up in the right position. Any ideas how to get it off? I tried to immediately pull it up and it would not budge.

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the Mopar sill guards tonight super easy except one. That tape is crazy sticky and sets almost instantly. One did not end up in the right position. Any ideas how to get it off? I tried to immediately pull it up and it would not budge.
Heat gun or blow dryer. Then use dental floss or fishing line to slowly lift the plastic off

Sponsored

Woodynj

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Heat gun or blow dryer. Then use dental floss or fishing line to slowly lift the plastic off
What tape to put it back? Or will the same tape work again?

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
The same tape should work again. The heat is just to make it pliable. Don’t overheat it or you will warp the plastic. If the tape isn’t sticky I’m pretty sure it’s just 3m mounting tape.

Woodynj

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
The same tape should work again. The heat is just to make it pliable. Don’t overheat it or you will warp the plastic. If the tape isn’t sticky I’m pretty sure it’s just 3m mounting tape.
Heated it up with a hairdryer and used some fishing line to cut it off. Put it on the right way and all good. Thanks for the help!

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Heated it up with a hairdryer and used some fishing line to cut it off. Put it on the right way and all good. Thanks for the help!
Happy to hear it !:like:

Skipswift

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I like this option but not with the Quadratec logo, unfortunately. Jeep is an icon, so I don't mind Jeep emblems on my $50K vehicle. Quadratec is just a retailer and unfortunately a retailer with a less than attractive logo. I will be waiting for another option but maybe this is of interest to someone less picky than I.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/custom-fit-entry-guards-jeep-wrangler-jl-4-door

@Quadratec , any chance you'll be creating a version of this guard without your logo?

OP
OP
sdynak

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
Nice .. I really like those Quadratec sills!! They were not avail when I ordered my Jeep logo sills. I would have ordered them based on the coverage alone. I ended up doing the 3m with them and it was not fun nor did it really turn out the way I would have liked but they are protected which is my only concern. Guess if the 3M wears I'll replace them then.
Sponsored