What did you all pay for your Rubicon??

zdr

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon V6 6-Speed Manual
MSRP $48,840 (Now shows as $49,210 with price increases)
Invoice $46,425
My Price $45,860
(Includes Destination Charge)

Also got $1,130 for my 20 year old trade in that others would only give $750 for.

Sting-Gray Rubicon
3.6 Manual
3-Pc Hard Top
LED Package
Keyless Proximity Entry (No Choice)
Tow/Electric Package

Dealership 5 minutes down the road.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Krypt0_Gh0st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2.0L Turbo
Wrong approach.

first go to one of the low cost dealers and get a quote. Then take that quote to your local dealer.

just asking for a big discount won’t work.
Thanks for the response and I have taken your advice. I downloaded the window sticker from the other dealership and sent an email to another dealership that is nearby that is showing on Wrangler Deals that they offer up to 5% off of invoice. I will give them a shot and see what kind of a deal they can do for me as well. :)

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Thanks for the response and I have taken your advice. I downloaded the window sticker from the other dealership and sent an email to another dealership that is nearby that is showing on Wrangler Deals that they offer up to 5% off of invoice. I will give them a shot and see what kind of a deal they can do for me as well. :)
I expect them to come back and tell you that deal isn't real, no one can sell Jeeps for that, if they did they would be out of business, there is fine print you are missing, and if you can get that deal go for it.

Let us know how it goes.

OP
OP

Krypt0_Gh0st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2.0L Turbo
Ahh ok. Good to know. So the deals on Wrangler Deals are probably kind of a scam? Or was there some truth to those deals when the demand wasn't so high like it is currently? LOL

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
I expect them to come back and tell you that deal isn't real, no one can sell Jeeps for that, if they did they would be out of business, there is fine print you are missing, and if you can get that deal go for it.

Let us know how it goes.
Heyyyyyy, did you hack my texts??

The EXACT response 3 local dealers gave me. Exact.

Sponsored

buzzdoc

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WranglerUnlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Glorified plumber
I paid invoice for mine. I won't say mine was a spur-of-the-moment purchase, but I hadn't been on this forum before I ordered. I called around to the dealerships local-ish to me, and invoice was the best offer by far. I'm only 3 hours or so from Gupton, but it would've a pain in the ass to get there to pick it up. My local salesman and the GM are Jeep guys and were very knowledgeable and helpful. While I could've saved a couple thousand going to Gupton, I am overall content with what I paid, and I'm very happy with my dealership experience so far.

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
Ahh ok. Good to know. So the deals on Wrangler Deals are probably kind of a scam? Or was there some truth to those deals when the demand wasn't so high like it is currently? LOL
Usually. Whatever the dealer is claiming as a discount is typically added back in with: security window etching, electronic tracking devices, paint protection coatings, and my favorite, nitrogen tire fills. There are others, but these are some of the most common. On the dealer add there is usually an easily overlooked link that tells you the sale price does not include these dealer added options.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

OP
OP

Krypt0_Gh0st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2.0L Turbo
Nice! That sounds like a deal I am looking for. LOL!

ResGuy68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner, 16 Jeep Wrangler Sport
The deals are real. Local dealerships just don't want to match. It's not their model and they'd rather the low (or negative) margin customer simply go elsewhere.

I had a god-awful time negotiating with my local dealers (false promises, strung me along, late cost/fee adds, unwillingness to put terms on paper).

I eventually went with one of the volume sellers and wish I'd done so from the start. I'm driving 12 hours to get my deal. If you have a volume sellers 3 hours away, lucky you.

-

On my deal: I'm getting 8% below invoice (13% below MSRP). No dealer adds, $500 total fees, price specified writing. It's the exact vehicle I want and nothing more: Rubicon diesel with a couple specific options.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Krypt0_Gh0st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2.0L Turbo
The deals are real. Local dealerships just don't want to match. It's not their model and they'd rather the low (or negative) margin customer simply go elsewhere.

I had a god-awful time negotiating with my local dealers (false promises, strung me along, late cost/fee adds, unwillingness to put terms on paper).

I eventually went with one of the volume sellers and wish I'd done so from the start. I'm driving 12 hours to get my deal. If you have a volume sellers 3 hours away, lucky you.

-

On my deal: I'm getting 8% below invoice (13% below MSRP). No dealer adds, $500 total fees, price specified writing. It's the exact vehicle I want and nothing more: Rubicon diesel with a couple specific options.
That is awesome and congrats! And when you say "volume" sellers, where would I go to get a list of those to see if there is one near me? Or are you just meaning one of the sellers listed on Wrangler deals?

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
I contacted a local dealer and asked what their best price was for a Rubicon with the below options and they sent me back an offer for the exact window sticker price of $63,005 (which I already knew) and didn't take anything at all off. Curious what any of you on here go a similarly build Jeep for or what you would be throwing back at the dealership for the fair price?

3.0L diesel
White
Cold weather package
Trailer-Tow package
8.4 inch infotainment
safety group
advanced safety group
all-weather mats
Remote-Proximity Keyless entry
Body-Color 3-piece hard top
body-color fenders
OWL off-road tires
17-inch black wheels with machined lip
grab handle kit
MSRP $61,125 on 06/25/21 and paid $56,XXX loaded rubicon 3.6l

EAF2BC7B-2CC4-4E37-8D22-283FDB39DD49.jpeg

ResGuy68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner, 16 Jeep Wrangler Sport
That is awesome and congrats! And when you say "volume" sellers, where would I go to get a list of those to see if there is one near me? Or are you just meaning one of the sellers listed on Wrangler deals?
Where are you out of?

There's a formal list but it's a bit dated. If you post your general location, I'm sure a few on the form will post some of the best volume sellers in your region.

OP
OP

Krypt0_Gh0st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2.0L Turbo
Where are you out of?

There's a formal list but it's a bit dated. If you post your general location, I'm sure a few on the form will post some of the best volume sellers in your region.
I am in the Denver Colorado area.

Big_Lebowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 2016 JKUR Rock Crawler
Occupation
I glow in the dark!
Call Gupton and get a quote. It should be 11-12% off MSRP. Then ask your dealer to match it. I did that and they laughed, so I ordered from Gupton.
Sponsored