Sponsored

What did you all pay for your Rubicon??

Krypt0_Gh0st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2.0L Turbo
I contacted a local dealer and asked what their best price was for a Rubicon with the below options and they sent me back an offer for the exact window sticker price of $63,005 (which I already knew) and didn't take anything at all off. Curious what any of you on here go a similarly build Jeep for or what you would be throwing back at the dealership for the fair price?

3.0L diesel
White
Cold weather package
Trailer-Tow package
8.4 inch infotainment
safety group
advanced safety group
all-weather mats
Remote-Proximity Keyless entry
Body-Color 3-piece hard top
body-color fenders
OWL off-road tires
17-inch black wheels with machined lip
grab handle kit
Sponsored

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
Ask if they do Tread Lightly affiliate pricing. That could save you 10-11% ($7,000) off msrp. If they don't, ask around at other dealers. You need to have the membership for 30 days before it can be used for one of two discounts per year. You should buy the membership asap if you can find a participating dealer.

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
I ordered mine via a high volume salesman and with TL I was at 6% below invoice which was about 11% below sticker/MSRP. I have a mostly loaded Rubicon at was out the door with Illinois taxes at $50k.

EJWF11

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
$1 Bazillion dollars it’s taking so damn long to get here!!

To save, youve got to order. Now, as 2021 lot inventory dwindles, theyre taking advantage of economic principles.

DevilDogJeeper

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I ordered through Gupton motors and will pay -8% on invoice which is about 9k off MSRP of 64k. They do require dealer financing and a Tread Lightly membership.

Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
$36,500 before tax tag (transfer) and title that I paid directly to the state (self registration ratio). Base 2 door Rubicon with a manual, only options was color and mud tires. Not sure what the original MSRP was.

Now, was already on the lot.

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Keep an eye on Laura Jeep in Sullivan, MO. I bought my 4 door Rubicon from them for $38,600. 3.6, manual, only option was hard top and cold weather package. Was a good deal, MSRP was $45k

OP
OP

Krypt0_Gh0st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2.0L Turbo
Thanks all. I know I can get one a bit cheaper if I select a different engine but I am partial to the Diesel. I am tempted to respond to the salesman at the dealership and throw probably a crazy number like $55k and see what happens. Worse case he can tell me they can't get near that in which case I say thanks and move on.

Yogi1956

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Clubs

MSRP $63,265 paid $58,906 before fees. 7.39% off if my calculations are correct. Coastline Jeep San Juan Capistrano
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you all pay for your Rubicon?? 2058C949-81B2-4A83-ACC2-5B020AF2E0CF

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Keep an eye on Laura Jeep in Sullivan, MO. I bought my 4 door Rubicon from them for $38,600. 3.6, manual, only option was hard top and cold weather package. Was a good deal, MSRP was $45k
That’s where I bought my Jeep from. They seem to always have a manual or two and a few two doors. Plus one of the few dealers to actually order low optioned vehicle.

Sponsored

Bulletbill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I ended up with invoice. But, that was after a military discount. I heard Chapman Ford in PA is doing some % under invoice.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Thanks all. I know I can get one a bit cheaper if I select a different engine but I am partial to the Diesel. I am tempted to respond to the salesman at the dealership and throw probably a crazy number like $55k and see what happens. Worse case he can tell me they can't get near that in which case I say thanks and move on.
Wrong approach.

first go to one of the low cost dealers and get a quote. Then take that quote to your local dealer.

just asking for a big discount won’t work.

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
I haven't paid yet its still on order. Quoted for msrp and prepared to pay for what I want. Fingers crossed I can negotiate a little money off When it arrives, but I feel lucky to have a spot in line for a special order. Who knows what 22 will bring. 42k otd for a 2 Dr Rubicon 6 speed. Only options was a premium soft top and sill guards and grab handles...

Vrrooom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Keep in mind that these prices at below invoice are on orders, which has been a wait of 6 weeks to over 4 months for some people. If you want it now (dealer inventory) msrp tends to be average with a little below being a good deal.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
The majority of Jeep dealerships are at sticker or above currently. In the Chicagoland area all quotes were between Sticker price (not a penny below) and $3,500 OVER sticker.

The days of throwing a lowball offer and haggling are over. There are 100 other people waiting in line willing to pay full price, or more.

I ended up ordering through a dealership across the country and will have it shipped to me.
Sponsored