Sponsored

What did Santa Bring for your Jeep this Christmas?

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
That sounds like a fantastic shop and very cool Gladiator build. That is great that she got all that done on the sly is extra cool. You will have to let us all know what you think of the 5.13s . Are you going to bigger tires and that is driving the change in gearing or are you trying to take better advantage of the upper gears (7th and 8th in an automatic or 5th and 6th in a manual)?

I was kidding about the first upgrades being free as I was thinking about the old drug PSAs about dealers giving you the first things free and getting you hooked.
My JLUR is already running Cooper STT PRO 37s. I liked it even with the stock 4.10 gears, but when I started pulling a small camper across the country and loaded down with gear, I got to thinking that a gear swap was in the future.

Aj_D0RRgS19bN-m1yrdCrXBzOa1emHS19bvSkZW6d9hW4uq0sui62plARwszaAgjm77OvpbW-XlS33Sgcg=w1010-h757-no.jpg

So I had talked to Ken about a gear swap a couple months ago and told him it may be something that I would do in the spring. Note, the JLUR is not a daily driver and usually only comes out in the winter to go off roading. So I was in no big hurry. My wife knew that I was squirrelling money away for the gear swap. Side job here and there and photography work and such. Even picked up a job plowing snow for the winter. No hurry as I figured I had at least four or five months before I wanted it done and did not want to pull it out of savings. Well my wife unknown to me about a month ago, pulled money from her fun account and got ahold of Ken and set it all up.

I will provide feedback when I get the gears installed. It will be after the first of the year as we are going wheeling in Kentucky for a long weekend.

This is Ken's Sema build in 2018. The Chief. It has a Cadillac drivetrain and is supercharged. Everything works like new on this retro build.
wDceYQ&_nc_ohc=YOOgTLqk3iAAQlHFfl3qvpifhfq_3q6XIjz56K-Bk6-kGGLc71BLI2EqQ&_nc_ht=scontent.fdet1-2.jpg
Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like you are about to have fun:like:
My rig has been in the dealership since Tuesday, December 17th and won’t be out until mid to late January I’m expecting.

So, that being said, I called them up and told them I got a Rubi suspension with 200 miles on the components and asked, since they have it, what they would charge to put it on along with the Teraflex .5” Load Level Spacers and they responded with $280 and the Rubi suspension will be covered under warranty.

Now, normally I LOVE getting my hands dirty (very mechanically inclined) and I could probably live in my garage underneath my Rig or any vehicle, but, I look at this way, I don’t have my rig and $200 for the warranty alone is worth it to me. It’ll be the very first time I’ve had someone else put anything on it so it’s kind of a bummer but whatever lol

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Brown Santa brought a Garmin Overlander GPS unit and a wireless camera for it that I'll mount underneath, facing forward. So far, it seems like a nice unit and the tablet itself vastly outperforms my old Magellan TRX-7.

vHRHOVw.jpg

Sponsored

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Santa got me... knockoff/fauxpar side steps (I have kids, and I'm hoping this reduces the mud spray along the sides), cargo net (shit is always falling out of the back when I open the tailgate) and beamtech LED headlight bulbs.

If anyone is on the fence over swapping out their halogens with LED bulbs, I'd highly recommend the upgrade. Visibility is considerably improved. I think they're like $40-$50 a pair on Amazon.

I adjusted the low beams to illuminate about 175ft in front, then turned them on and walked backwards where an oncoming driver would be, between 25-200ft, moving up and down to simulate seated driver heights, and there wasn't any excessive/blinding light. Don't listen to people that say all LED bulbs in halogen housings will blind oncoming traffic, at least not the ones from beamtech.. they have a very sharp cutoff.

Sponsored

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
I got the Artec spare tire delete kit. Might be blasphemy but I hate the spare tire blocking the view not to mention making it more difficult to take the hardtop on and off which I do a few times a year. Not worried about a flat I have dual roadside coverage plus can always throw the spare in the back. Like the clean look. It's always easily reversible too.
Easy install look nice and clean. Have to like the easier rear cleanup, less weight and better visibility. We'll see....looks a little "SUV" like but can always undo in an hour or less.

IMG_0829.jpeg

Arnusoriano

First Name
Jesus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Scion TC, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL, Horse
6C84DD19-15B2-4CE6-A898-747157A229DF.jpeg

Got a Jeep coffee mug and a bunch of Jeep wall art to adorn the new shop/garage which will be INDOMINUS’s new home.

Is there another group of enthusiasts who are more easy to shop for than we Jeepers? I mean I got a $20 shirt, a coffee mug and a Jurassic Park 18 license plate and I thought it was awesome and I was happy!
Where did you buy that shirt? I couldn't find it on amazon. its cool...

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase