Djhyper66

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2020 JL
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed mopar lift kit and rubicon express front adjustable track bar, and synergy rear adjustable track bar and use rock krawler front wedges , two days ago .
I lower my psi from 40 to 35 ... since everything brand new .. the ride pretty rough right now and stiff .. hopefully the fox shocks break in soon.

but good lock on what you do .. I kind of have mix feeling on this install.. I like the look, but the handling little harsh right now. Kit only has like 20 miles on it.. hopefully after 500-1000 everything feels close to stock again.

Jeep Wrangler JL What Control Arms should I buy? 176B28EC-63F5-4DC1-B77A-448B88B1F3BB
Sponsored

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Just installed mopar lift kit and rubicon express front adjustable track bar, and synergy rear adjustable track bar and use rock krawler front wedges , two days ago .
I lower my psi from 40 to 35 ... since everything brand new .. the ride pretty rough right now and stiff .. hopefully the fox shocks break in soon.

but good lock on what you do .. I kind of have mix feeling on this install.. I like the look, but the handling little harsh right now. Kit only has like 20 miles on it.. hopefully after 500-1000 everything feels close to stock again.

Jeep Wrangler JL What Control Arms should I buy? 176B28EC-63F5-4DC1-B77A-448B88B1F3BB
Please hurry and get some 35s at an absolute minimum with that lift. Looks like you're on stilts or high heels bro.

track.n.trail

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Software Engineer
I've got Synergy control arms and they are amazing. Very stout and they are super easy to adjust.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I’d suggest just driving it with the Mopar lift and then decide if you need anything. I’ve wasted a lot of money buying things I “needed” to be complete. Several items I’ve removed because of clearance issues or ride improvement was minimally better.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
My Jeep: 2020 4 door Rubicon with 3.6 Gas Auto.
What I am doing: Mopar 2" lift kit for Rubicon.
What is recommended in the Wrangler forums: " you'll want to install an adjustable front 'control arm' with that lift kit.'

Question: For those Jeep owners who have done the "Mopar 2 inch lift kit" (keeping the stock wheels and tire size) what 'control arm' manufacturer (make/model) did you go with, and what has been your ride/steering experience after the install ? Any issues afterwards?
I put Metal Cloak adjustable LCAs on my Rubicon and don’t have a lift. My caster was 4.7* from the factory and is now around 7*. My Jeep steered great but had the slightest flighty feeling at freeway speeds. That is resolved with the LCAs.

Sponsored

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I'd still suggest doing lower front control arms. The factory JLUR's has not enough caster due to a cost savings decision FCA made and it will drive infinitely better if you fix that - particularly on the highway. Every single JLUR should come with longer lower control arms.

The lower arms in the Mopar lift kit are a good choice for this; as they will get you more caster and no added maintenance. They just are not enough with the 2"+ lift you get from the mopar kit.

Factory is 24", Mopar is 24.25" and you typically start set at 24.5" for the adjustable lowers.
Can I run the mopar lower control arms on my sport model?

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I put Metal Cloak adjustable LCAs on my Rubicon and don’t have a lift. My caster was 4.7* from the factory and is now around 7*. My Jeep steered great but had the slightest flighty feeling at freeway speeds. That is resolved with the LCAs.
That sounds like heaven, I want to try this with my sport, steering isnt bad and its very light on the highway.

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
You can buy my mc control arms and rk rear track bar and rubicon express front track bar with geo relocation brackets once i get it all off :like:
How did you like that combo set up? Whats the reason for selling it? Also how do you know which LCA to get for the sport?

Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
That sounds like heaven, I want to try this with my sport, steering isnt bad and its very light on the highway.
The advice I was given (by the owner of PSC) was to not worry about the caster number but to get the steering where you like it. He said his was at 7* and his wife’s JL is at 7.5*. That advice worked for me.

As a point of reference, the Mopar LCAs gave me an additional 1.3* of caster.

Tone

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
I have a set of EVO track bars that I will make you a hell of a deal on. Brand new in a box Front and rear.
Sponsored