What constitutes a "Jeep thing?"

KM88

First Name
Kendra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited MOAB
When you get out of it and look back and smile...It's a Jeep thing.
Modifying it...It's a Jeep thing.
Top down, doors off...It's a Jeep thing
Off-roading...Its a Jeep thing

I see a lot of Wranglers that will never be topless, doorless or offroad, and I just wonder why they bought a Jeep, then they complain about wind noise, rough ride, braking, cornering, mpg, and most of the "Jeep things"

Wobble on a new wrangler is not a jeep thing, but it is pretty simple to fix, yes we shouldn't have to, but let's be honest, if you can afford a JL, you can afford the small change to fix it.

Personally when I buy my next one, I am going to negotiate $2000 just to fix steering and make it better.

I will buy this for 8% under invoice because it needs work...I would pay MSRP if it was finished, but it is not, it needs better parts to make it 100%
Hi Chris .... just got my 2019 MOAB a little over a week ago and I love it. I had a Jeep CJ back in 1978 when I first moved to Cleveland during the big blizzard in Ohio that year. Had to use the Jeep to go pick up co workers that could not make it to work. Worked for State Farm Ins. then and we were needed in the claims office. Then had a 2007 Jeep Sport that was a lease while I lived on Fort Myers Beach. I didn’t want to pay what they wanted at the end of the lease. After waiting 9 years I am finally back in a Wrangler and I am a very happy 64 year old crazy woman.
Do I wish I had rocky trails to climb, hell yes I do. But for now living in southwest Fla. the most excitement I’ve had in the last week is going over 3 large speed bumps in a shopping plazas parking lot. But ya know what, I wanted a Jeep, I bought a Jeep and I’m happy I did. They’re fun, you can add just about anything you want to them to make them your own. I was raised on a farm in Central Ohio. I drove trucks, tractors, pulled hay wagons and tossed bales. I’m not a frilly woman. Jeans and t-shirts is what I’m all about. I like the rough ride, don’t care about the mpg nor most of the “Jeep Things.” I just wanted a Jeep. We may be getting transferred with my husband’s company yet this year heading north which would give more of a chance to get dirty with my new baby. I am also considering driving it out to Estes Park, Colorado this Sept for Elk Fest. Went last year and had to rent a Jeep to head into the mountains. So you see there are some of us that for now at least don’t have the opportunities to hit the trails but we still crave a Jeep.
Happy Jeepin’ dude ...

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Hi Chris .... just got my 2019 MOAB a little over a week ago and I love it. I had a Jeep CJ back in 1978 when I first moved to Cleveland during the big blizzard in Ohio that year. Had to use the Jeep to go pick up co workers that could not make it to work. Worked for State Farm Ins. then and we were needed in the claims office. Then had a 2007 Jeep Sport that was a lease while I lived on Fort Myers Beach. I didn’t want to pay what they wanted at the end of the lease. After waiting 9 years I am finally back in a Wrangler and I am a very happy 64 year old crazy woman.
Do I wish I had rocky trails to climb, hell yes I do. But for now living in southwest Fla. the most excitement I’ve had in the last week is going over 3 large speed bumps in a shopping plazas parking lot. But ya know what, I wanted a Jeep, I bought a Jeep and I’m happy I did. They’re fun, you can add just about anything you want to them to make them your own. I was raised on a farm in Central Ohio. I drove trucks, tractors, pulled hay wagons and tossed bales. I’m not a frilly woman. Jeans and t-shirts is what I’m all about. I like the rough ride, don’t care about the mpg nor most of the “Jeep Things.” I just wanted a Jeep. We may be getting transferred with my husband’s company yet this year heading north which would give more of a chance to get dirty with my new baby. I am also considering driving it out to Estes Park, Colorado this Sept for Elk Fest. Went last year and had to rent a Jeep to head into the mountains. So you see there are some of us that for now at least don’t have the opportunities to hit the trails but we still crave a Jeep.
Happy Jeepin’ dude ...
:like:

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
yup, I had to be back in a jeep too, I missed my TJ, I don't go offroading nearly as much as I did when I was younger...but top is down if it isn't raining.
I crave a jeep for those reasons, topless, doorless nakid rides or trails...

And I guess your right, even if I couldn't do any of those things, I would probably still love it because I think it is the most awesome looking vehicle ever made.

Allthough, I would be sad if my Hardtop was always on, but I would also never own a hardtop, some people like em, but im topless a lot, so it would just be a pita to me lol

I would like to live in AZ , I would just sell the tops, just have a sunshade and a tarp

LowCountry

First Name
allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet Sport
dropping my 9yr old son off at camp this morning and us laughing at the light rain we were getting in the Jeep before pulling over and quickly throwing on the freedom panels when the heavy stuff hit....Jeep rides are never boring....thats a Jeep thing!

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase

I see a lot of Wranglers that will never be topless, doorless or offroad, and I just wonder why they bought a Jeep, then they complain about wind noise, rough ride, braking, cornering, mpg, and most of the "Jeep things"
So... apparently we were separated at birth.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase

Wobble on a new wrangler is not a jeep thing, but it is pretty simple to fix, yes we shouldn't have to, but let's be honest, if you can afford a JL, you can afford the small change to fix it.

Personally when I buy my next one, I am going to negotiate $2000 just to fix steering and make it better.

I will buy this for 8% under invoice because it needs work...I would pay MSRP if it was finished, but it is not, it needs better parts to make it 100%
a69de648572579a589df2aa12a90d4a4x.jpg
Sponsored