Sponsored

What color do you want for your JL/JLU/JT?

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
What happened to green? :( Gecko please FCA....

Are more colors coming mid 2018MY?
Yeah, it is surprising they have what amounts to 2 yellows, and no green or blue in the list.
It seems like a short list, and likely there are late arriving colours, this may be all that's currently loaded.

As I mention above both Baja and Dozer arrived late, as did other colors like Extreme Purple, Hyper Green, Chief, etc.
I suspect we'll see at least 2 more colours revealed by launch time, and possibly a few more for the summer cross-over where they will share 2018/2019 MY.

Usually one of the special Editions (usually the Winter launch) gets a new colour. Seeing as March of 2018 is the 15th Anniversary of the Rubicon it likely will get it's own Special Edition treatment and colour too. I think a light blue for the Winter edition and 'woodsy' Green for the Rubicon would be logical, but it could be anything. I never would've guessed Purple for the 2016 Winter edition, nor Anvil for the 10A Rubicon, so who knows.

I have no solid evidence, but I think it's pretty much guaranteed we'll see 2-3 more colours than the current order bank list in the 9 month life of the 2018 JL(U).

My biggest concern, is that with them launching the JL with 2 yellows, it might be a while before we see them again, and I want to wait a year or so before moving to the JL (wanna see special edition options, and such, as well as see if updated HD transmission of the diesel can be added to the Pentastar, etc), so I'm worried that the yellows will dissapear quickly with no good 'bright' replacement, and force my hand early.
Sponsored

Novenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford focus
Most of my vehicles have been either black white or gray, so I was really hoping for some variation of Copperhead pearl or Hydro blue, I would like a bright metallic paint color for my JLU.

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
Most of my vehicles have been either black white or gray, so I was really hoping for some variation of Copperhead pearl or Hydro blue, I would like a bright metallic paint color for my JLU.
I would love a metallic copper. That would be awesome.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Hoping for purple, ha.

Sponsored

JCC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
From this thread...
- Granite Crystal Metallic Clear Coat
- Acid Yellow Clear Coat
- Firecracker Red
- Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat
- Bright White Clear Coat
- Black Clear Coat
- Nacho Clear Coat
I am REALLY hoping to see a color like sahara tan. A sahara tan JT with black wheels and accents :please:

Gavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: Subaru Forester, Toyota Prado, soon JL Wrangler?
They need to give us a color that doesn't clash with new tan soft top

Sponsored

Gavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: Subaru Forester, Toyota Prado, soon JL Wrangler?
Black gets too hot in sun for me....

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
I am afraid to say what color I want, because I'm afraid Jeep would cancel it. It seems whenever a unique color gets to be popular, they stop production. :(

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150, 2018 Granite Crystal Metalic JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AF, Now Field Engineer / Site Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Black gets too hot in sun for me....
Someone said it up above, but black is the best color when it's clean...which it isn't the first time it's driven after a wash. Had a Street Glide in black...loved it, but was forever cleaning it to keep it looking good. No more black for me...a dark gray, that I'll take...

Weedwacker

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley
They need to give us a color that doesn't clash with new tan soft top
The green like the had on the Saharas back in the day. I've always liked the green and tan combos. Even on Vettes.

5392100002_large.jpg

112713_2.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: