Sponsored

What color do you want for your JL/JLU/JT?

XFinn

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon, Lexus NX 200t
yes I get that my 08 can't speed ever. How about the color itself love it hate it ???
Loved it! Loved all my red cars. I think the new JL pics we've seen in red look awesome. The only thing that will prevent me from ordering my new JL(U)R in red next spring would be if they announce a 15A edition with the same deep red interior option as the 10A had - then I'll go with either white or the closest color to Rhino or Anvil.

Not many cars can pull off red successfully, but the Wrangler definitely can IMO.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Jeeps don't attract cops, because they don't speed very well. I've owned Jeeps since 1993, and I've never been pulled over. Not once.
Not only are they slow, but usually Jeep guys carry firearms. I know a hand full of Boise and Las Vegas PD officers as well and they all say that Jeeps and lift trucks are all more likely to have armed drivers so they would rather avoid them unless they are doing something really dangerous. This wouldn't apply in anti gun states like CA however.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Loved it! Loved all my red cars. I think the new JL pics we've seen in red look awesome. The only thing that will prevent me from ordering my new JL(U)R in red next spring would be if they announce a 15A edition with the same deep red interior option as the 10A had - then I'll go with either white or the closest color to Rhino or Anvil.

Not many cars can pull off red successfully, but the Wrangler definitely can IMO.
Love it! The Red Rocker! All Firecracker Red with all blacked out trim! Yeah Baby Yeah!

Do I make you randy baby? Do I?

do-i-make-you-randy-baby.jpg

JaybearWL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0t
Not only are they slow, but usually Jeep guys carry firearms. I know a hand full of Boise and Las Vegas PD officers as well and they all say that Jeeps and lift trucks are all more likely to have armed drivers so they would rather avoid them unless they are doing something really dangerous. This wouldn't apply in anti gun states like CA however.
I'm not saying you're wrong, but I find this a little strange since Wranglers are pretty notoriously prone to break-ins. Responsible gun owners are pretty nuts about safety, and even with a locking center console I'd not be comfortable leaving a firearm in there.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not saying you're wrong, but I find this a little strange since Wranglers are pretty notoriously prone to break-ins. Responsible gun owners are pretty nuts about safety, and even with a locking center console I'd not be comfortable leaving a firearm in there.
Two words.

Concealed carry.

Sponsored

JDMRN81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU, 2018 GC Altitude
Occupation
RN, doctoral student
As a lifted JKU Wrangler driver who lives in a firearm friendly state, I can confirm this (I conceal carry). Although, they would have no reason to fear me, I'm as pro LEO as they come. But, I completely understand their concern with all the idiots who've made the 11 o'clock news doing something stupid.

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
Why would they want to avoid armed drivers? Have these officers found armed drivers to be more dangerous than unarmed drivers? In that case should the public as well be concerned about accidents, intimidation or violence from armed drivers?

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
What does this firearm debate have to do with the thread? Just sayin. :computerrage:

Rubiwon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jkur
The public should be no more concerned than taking the blue line west of the hospital.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
As a lifted JKU Wrangler driver who lives in a firearm friendly state, I can confirm this (I conceal carry). Although, they would have no reason to fear me, I'm as pro LEO as they come. But, I completely understand their concern with all the idiots who've made the 11 o'clock news doing something stupid.
I also have a CCW and carry, but its not always because they worry about the gun, a lot of times (depends on state) if you have a CCW its also tied to your license plates and comes up "armed citizen" .... when they see this they know 1) you have a gun in the car and 2) You have passed a FBI background check so your most likely not a criminal. its basically a one two punch, and usually enough of a reason to pull the guy driving next to you over instead for speeding.

Why would they want to avoid armed drivers? Have these officers found armed drivers to be more dangerous than unarmed drivers? In that case should the public as well be concerned about accidents, intimidation or violence from armed drivers?
No its actually the opposite as they are less likely to be criminals due to the background checks for CCWs. Also anytime a gun is in a car its automatically and additional risk, so why not pull over the guy that isn't armed instead. At least that how the Vegas cops looked at it that I knew. Here in Idaho its not like that as you can conceal carry without a CCW permit statewide, and guys that drive jeeps and lifted trucks are just more likely to have guns in the car so the police here don't have the reassurance of the background check.

No matter what if your doing something really dumb your still going to get pulled over, I'm really just talking about speeding (10 over), or other minor infractions (ie revenue tickets).

OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
What does this firearm debate have to do with the thread? Just sayin. :computerrage:
Started off about Red color getting you pulled over and then expanded on why cops dont pull over Jeeps. Back on topic now.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Started off about Red color getting you pulled over and then expanded on why cops dont pull over Jeeps. Back on topic now.
Your thread, Vegas. Opine at will...

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Just thinking back, I had a bright red 2 door S10 Blazer for awhile, and never got pulled over in it.

I wouldn't wear bright red inside the fence in a pasture with a big bull in it, though.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Can you make it across this field in under 10 seconds? 'Cause the Bull can.
Sponsored