• Total voters

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
A good friend of mine currently runs a carbon fibre and fibreglass factory.

I asked him the other day if he could custom make certain parts for me (with personal touches), we then started to discuss what items could actually be carbon fiberized.

So he’ll needed to 3D scan it, make modifications in CAD, and create a mould out of it. I’m very proficient in CAD and 3D modelling so I can help make various modifications to any parts.

I thought it would be interesting to toss this out here to see if we could get some good ideas going. This is going to be real solid carbon fiber weave in a matte finish. And not those fake plastic cover printouts on eBay. I know some may just like the feel and utilitarian look of real carbon fibre, myself included.

I do understand this might be the wrong vehicle or forum to do this, but surprise me. Feel free to toss some new ideas if they aren’t listed in the poll already.

Our initial goal is to gauge interest to see if there is enough market to produce one of the product here that can cover the cost of R&D, manufacturing and material cost.

Below is a sample of what he makes.

AA0DA10B-55E5-439F-9538-156B9FB381EA.jpeg

7C0CBFEB-44A9-40B4-AE20-8C20CCFABD86.jpeg

5F56B8E8-26B7-4DB4-8B29-ACD05E348B99.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I'm kind of working towards a carbon fiber theme; not a lot matches Punk'n. So I'm down with a lot of these pieces, primarily the dash. I would also like the covers on the side mirrors if that's possible. Dare i say, carbon fiber functional hood vents? Fully erect!

Anyway I'm going to watch this thread because I'm certainly going to buy some items if you make them.

Edit: I have several carbon exterior trim pieces on my Shelby that I got from a Super Snake and they hold up surprisingly well.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I like it on the interior trim. My M3 has a carbon fiber roof and within the interior & I like the look. We can all use a little carbon fiber in our diets.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Arterius2

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I'm kind of working towards a carbon fiber theme; not a lot matches Punk'n. So I'm down with a lot of these pieces, primarily the dash. I would also like the covers on the side mirrors if that's possible. Dare i say, carbon fiber functional hood vents? Fully erect!

Anyway I'm going to watch this thread because I'm certainly going to buy some items if you make them.

Edit: I have several carbon exterior trim pieces on my Shelby that I got from a Super Snake and they hold up surprisingly well.
Hey Michael, functional hood vent is a great idea, and may actually work. I think the difficulty for any of the products here is cost, it's expensive to create a mould, so it's not economically feasible to produce special ordered low volume parts. Likely to start with something small and work our way up. Hood vents might fit that bill.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Arterius2

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Rubicon functional hood vents will make me bite
Will make this my first side project, I'll have him get the vents scanned and do some mock ups in 3D/CAD to see how it could potentially work. Unfortunately I don't have a Rubi hood, but this got me thinking if some sort of a functional hood vent could be modified to work on the Sahara/Sport hood, (with some cutting obviously), still cheaper than buying a new hood and get it painted.

Sponsored

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
It may be crazy expensive but I would love to have the option of a carbon fiber roof. I have a 10'6 carbon fiber canoe that weighs 14 lbs. Taking that roof off would be a breeze, and it would look great !

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i'm not much in the carbon fiber stuff either but i would like to see the canoes that higbyz has.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
A good friend of mine currently runs a carbon fibre and fibreglass factory.

I asked him the other day if he could custom make certain parts for me (with personal touches), we then started to discuss what items could actually be carbon fiberized.

So he’ll needed to 3D scan it, make modifications in CAD, and create a mould out of it. I’m very proficient in CAD and 3D modelling so I can help make various modifications to any parts.

I thought it would be interesting to toss this out here to see if we could get some good ideas going. This is going to be real solid carbon fiber in a matte finish. And not those fake plastic cover printouts on eBay. I know some may just like the feel and utilitarian look of real carbon fibre, myself included.

I do understand this might be the wrong vehicle or forum to do this, but surprise me. Feel free to toss some new ideas if they aren’t listed in the poll already.

Our initial goal is to gauge interest to see if there is enough market to produce one of the product here that can cover the cost of R&D, manufacturing and material cost.

Below is a sample of what he makes.

AA0DA10B-55E5-439F-9538-156B9FB381EA.jpeg

7C0CBFEB-44A9-40B4-AE20-8C20CCFABD86.jpeg

5F56B8E8-26B7-4DB4-8B29-ACD05E348B99.jpeg
Carbon fiber fenders ;)
Sponsored