Arterius2

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I like the hood vents but would like to see interior pieces. Specifically door handles, replacements for the other “aluminum” looking pieces like the steering wheel, HVAC vent rings and the HVAC button surround.

Edit... The quarter panel vents would be a great accessory to the hood vents too.

On a side note, I wish you and your friends tons of luck with this!
Thanks Damien, after reviewing the polled results on this thread, we've decided to take a look at the hood vents as our first project.

We'll inspect the current vents on the rubi hood and draw up some schemes on how we can improve it.
Expect some design concepts in graphical format posted here in the coming days, and we'll gauge people's reactions, there will probably be some insulation cutting involved, --not sure if everyone is into that. I have an idea to integrate the cut insulation onto the new hood vent so it can be reused.

If all goes well, we'll 3D scan it, create a mould and hopefully ship some non-carbon fiber prototypes for people to try out.
If there are enough positive feedback we can definitely look into volume production.

If not, we will start looking at interior panels and storage cabinets.
Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
My Sport doesn't have hood insulation, so hood vents, and front quarter panel vents would be functional, and look good. Happy to install these for "testing"

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
I'm kind of working towards a carbon fiber theme; not a lot matches Punk'n. So I'm down with a lot of these pieces, primarily the dash. I would also like the covers on the side mirrors if that's possible. Dare i say, carbon fiber functional hood vents? Fully erect!

Anyway I'm going to watch this thread because I'm certainly going to buy some items if you make them.

Edit: I have several carbon exterior trim pieces on my Shelby that I got from a Super Snake and they hold up surprisingly well.
I'd buy functional hood vents.

KingCorgi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUD
I'd like to see hood vents, fender vents, gas cap and grill/fog inserts. I love carbon fiber but only the real stuff. :) If you do end up making custom one off parts please reach out because I'm interested!
Sponsored