Sponsored

What can you plug in to run in case of power outage?

Jehovasfitness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and '04 Z06
Tried a search, but didn't see anything.

Say the power goes out. Is it possible to run a house fridge off the battery in the 4xe?
Sponsored

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Unfortunately no. There's the same 110v AC plug in the back as on the non-4xe, but it's only rated for about 150 watts if I recall, and is tapped into the 12v battery, not the main hybrid battery.

OP
OP

Jehovasfitness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and '04 Z06
Unfortunately no. There's the same 110v AC plug in the back as on the non-4xe, but it's only rated for about 150 watts if I recall, and is tapped into the 12v battery, not the main hybrid battery.
weak sauce

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I can't watch either right now but it looks like I may stand corrected. The manual said something like 150W for the rear plug so that's what I was going by.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jehovasfitness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and '04 Z06
watched most of it. He ran a tv, toaster, coffee maker and griddle and I'm at the power saw part... not all could run at once but the coffee maker was pulling 1300w and was fine.

edit- he hooked it up to his home's e-panel and ran tons of stuff in the house all at once, minus the AC/furnace, stove, things like that. Though not sure how up to code the setup was lol

Last edited:

DaveN

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 2500
How he wired his house made me cringe. Yikes!!! Like you said, I'm no electrician but I'm 99.999% sure that isn't up to code. Yikes!!! That said, it is nice to know you can tap into the 12v Jeep power. I do wonder what the rating for the DC-DC converter is in the 4xe. That will be the controlling factor.

That said, if it were me, I would only want to run a few lights, the refrigerator, and the furnace so I would break those items out and have a sub-panel which is switchable between the main panel and a backup. For critical need, I could pare that down to just the furnace as I can live without everything else and have. Just want to be sure the pipes don't freeze. The furnace and baseboard water circulation pumps only take 300 watts so I should be good for a long outage.
Sponsored