Sponsored

What brands do the better shops use for window tint?

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
I'm thinking of getting my two front windows tinted to match the back, what would be a good brand to check if they are using decent material?
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
The shop I used last time did XPEL. They have a couple levels of ceramic.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I'm thinking of getting my two front windows tinted to match the back, what would be a good brand to check if they are using decent material?
SunTek and Llumar both make good film.

Frank013

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Xpel, also have them put the clear on the other windows for the UV protection. May not be as essential in NJ as it is in AZ but it made a huge difference here.

Sponsored

xylodan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
I recently got mine done with Llumar ceramic and I have no complaints.
Definitely feel the difference in coolness in the vehicle, but if you're not planning on doing all the windows there's probably not much sense in just getting ceramic in front.

They added 35% all the way around which adjusted the rears to around 20%. It looks a lot darker in the photos than in person.

Jeep Wrangler JL What brands do the better shops use for window tint? 20210703-DSC_0084-2

OP
OP
Wbino

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
I recently got mine done with Llumar ceramic and I have no complaints.
Definitely feel the difference in coolness in the vehicle, but if you're not planning on doing all the windows there's probably not much sense in just getting ceramic in front.

They added 35% all the way around which adjusted the rears to around 20%. It looks a lot darker in the photos than in person.

Jeep Wrangler JL What brands do the better shops use for window tint? 20210703-DSC_0084-2
What would be the disadvantage of just doing the front?
$?

xylodan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
$?
Ceramic level of tint doesn't make sense because 80% of the rest of the windows all just have privacy level tint and the extra cost of ceramic film on the front will have a negligible effect on temps/comfort.

I would just do standard tinting and not pay for the expensive film if I wasn't doing the rest of the vehicle. If you're going to do the whole vehicle, then ceramic starts to make more sense. I live in Vegas and it truly does help with comfort.

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
$?
I had my fronts done with Llumar (30%) and they look good to me. I didn't want them stupidly dark as I don't like that at night. They are a tad lighter than the factory tint on the back but it's close enough for me

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
+1 on Llumar, however a tint job is only as good as the person doing it. Llumar film has lasted me over a decade when done properly. I would certainly vet your installer more than the product, any great installer will only install a equally great film.

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
$?
The disadvantage is when youre looking from inside-out. Lets say you match your front windows to the rear. 20%. Now your front 2 windows are going to be darker to look out of than the stock rear window tint in the back. Its annoying. I did it when i first got this jeep. If anything, do every single window. Youll be glad you did.

and just call for a price. Depends where you come from. Here in canada we pay as much for dye tint as you guys pay for ceramic.
Sponsored