Sponsored

What are your plans regarding the recent "delay" with your 2.0 order?

What are your plans regarding the recent "delay" with your 2.0 order?

• Wait for 2.0 no matter what!

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Re-order 3.6 now, I needs my Jeep now!

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Cancel and see what 2019 looks like, Diesel, 3.6 BSG, Jeep Truck 2020!?!

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • To hell with FCA they don't deserve my business after this catastrophe!

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • The 2.0 order process has been a roller-coaster of emotions, but if FCA is transparent I can wait.

Votes: 25 37.3%

• Total voters

ajasper6579

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 4-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Advertising
Re-ordered my JLU Rubicon in the 3.6 instead of the 2.0 yesterday. Checked in with Jeep chat this morning. My build is already in D1 status.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500

Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Finding one on the lot with the options I want has been pretty hard. Dealers have been ticking every box and getting all these painted top/fender/dual top/autos that I don't want. And then they don't want to move on price. Also, Jeep only lets you search 150 mi radius, so I keep having to google rando zips and searching there.
Has anybody been able to get anywhere close to the order price instead of MSRP on something on the lot through a different dealer? Interdealer trade?
I'm over waiting, and don't want to register my old Jeep for another year.
Hard to find an exact match. I found one within 100 miles, about 2 hours away. Dealer said he could get it for me if I wanted it, and was willing to offer the same 5% below invoice pricing for me.

Haven’t pulled the trigger yet, still holding out a bit longer for the 2.0.

Dr.McNinja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Hard to find an exact match. I found one within 100 miles, about 2 hours away. Dealer said he could get it for me if I wanted it, and was willing to offer the same 5% below invoice pricing for me.

Haven’t pulled the trigger yet, still holding out a bit longer for the 2.0.
River Oaks wouldn't trade. I couldn't get the dealer in San Antonio to even give me a price over the phone. They wanted me to schedule an appointment to drive 2 hours up to look at it. They couldn't even tell me if they would honor Tread Lightly over the phone. Yeah, I'm not wasting 4 hours of my life on that. I called them on 3 separate occasions.

Brickwall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off-Road
Just cancelled my order and had the dealer refund our deposit. Might wait for the 2019MY.

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
Was biting the bullet and took a 3.6 off the lot last week as I needed one by end may. Was lucky to find one with specs I like but 750 usd price increase on me and 500 usd lost deposit doesnt seem right 16 weeks after I ordered...
Havent heard anything from FCA - they are are pushing it from one group to another
I’d contact the BBB to see what are the state laws on deposits where delivery is late and no clear indicator of when it will occur. May want to also read the fine print on your order. It may already have it laid out as a state requirement. Unscrupulous dealers won’t be upfront about this.

Do we have a bad dealer thread? This is one I’d not be looking to do business with.

Last edited:

Monk22

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep JK 2dr Sahara
I just got the news after ordering in late Feb.
So.....if anyone can tell me they are actually going to make the jeep scrambler in a two door, I'm going to get my check from the dealers hands and wait till I can order that instead. Does anyone know what the issue is with the engine? Maybe they forgot it goes under the hood up in the front where the headlights are? Gotta say, telling me my jeep is delayed with only a vague indication of "issues" isn't really any better than the "we don't know" I already heard from the dealer and jeep. My 2008 that wasn't in stock anywhere did arrive in 6 weeks...but that was year two of the JL build i think.

Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I am on the verge of changing my mind to wait and just buying a 4Runner off the lot like I had planned on doing when thinking things over last summer.
Sponsored