What are your plans regarding the recent "delay" with your 2.0 order?

What are your plans regarding the recent "delay" with your 2.0 order?

  • Wait for 2.0 no matter what!

    Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Re-order 3.6 now, I needs my Jeep now!

    Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Cancel and see what 2019 looks like, Diesel, 3.6 BSG, Jeep Truck 2020!?!

    Votes: 12 17.9%
  • To hell with FCA they don't deserve my business after this catastrophe!

    Votes: 5 7.5%
  • The 2.0 order process has been a roller-coaster of emotions, but if FCA is transparent I can wait.

    Votes: 25 37.3%

  • Total voters
    67

srbbnd

Well-Known Member
First Name
Eugene
Joined
Dec 28, 2017
Messages
64
Reaction score
100
Location
Ciudad Juarez
Vehicle(s)
Stella 4T
To All The 2.0 Turbo Survivors, Victims, Warriors, Denialists:

What are your plans regarding the recent "delay" with your 2.0 order?





Advertisement

 

GoldenSky

Well-Known Member
First Name
Tony
Joined
Dec 18, 2017
Messages
365
Reaction score
434
Location
22601
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6
Voted reorder to 3.6 I need my Jeep ASAP I don't have a vehicle currently
 

Chicago

Well-Known Member
First Name
Rich
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
2,422
Reaction score
2,401
Location
Chicago
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
Voted reorder to 3.6 I need my Jeep ASAP I don't have a vehicle currently
I’m gonna wait it out , I really want. The turbo I figure another month or so is worth it since I plan on keeping this jeep for 6-7 years
 

Rockreid

Well-Known Member
First Name
Rocky
Joined
Mar 6, 2018
Messages
140
Reaction score
256
Location
New Canaan, CT
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Jeep Wrangler Sahara
My plan is to wait for a certain time frame I’ve chosen until I recieve postitive word from FCA on when to expect my Jeep. If I don’t hear from them in my expected time frame I will cancel the order and simply wait for the 2019 rollout to see what is offered. I will also shop other brands as no single model vehicle is worth this much aggravation to me.
 

Chicago

Well-Known Member
First Name
Rich
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
2,422
Reaction score
2,401
Location
Chicago
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
My plan is to wait for a certain time frame I’ve chosen until I recieve postitive word from FCA on when to expect my Jeep. If I don’t hear from them in my expected time frame I will cancel the order and simply wait for the 2019 rollout to see what is offered. I will also shop other brands as no single model vehicle is worth this much aggravation to me.
Good plan only thing is I don’t know of any vehicle I like as much as the Jeep personality
 

TraktorE

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2017
Messages
63
Reaction score
10
Location
NJ
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Was biting the bullet and took a 3.6 off the lot last week as I needed one by end may. Was lucky to find one with specs I like but 750 usd price increase on me and 500 usd lost deposit doesnt seem right 16 weeks after I ordered...
Havent heard anything from FCA - they are are pushing it from one group to another
 

Chicago

Well-Known Member
First Name
Rich
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
2,422
Reaction score
2,401
Location
Chicago
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
Was biting the bullet and took a 3.6 off the lot last week as I needed one by end may. Was lucky to find one with specs I like but 750 usd price increase on me and 500 usd lost deposit is hard 16 weeks after I ordered...
Sometimes u got no choice, Jeep shouldn’t had put Turbos for sale if they weren’t ready
 

ajasper6579

Well-Known Member
First Name
Ari
Joined
May 24, 2018
Messages
141
Reaction score
109
Location
Plainview, NY
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 4-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Advertising
Was biting the bullet and took a 3.6 off the lot last week as I needed one by end may. Was lucky to find one with specs I like but 750 usd price increase on me and 500 usd lost deposit doesnt seem right 16 weeks after I ordered...
Havent heard anything from FCA - they are are pushing it from one group to another
I gotta say, if you bought one from your dealer that your order was with, I am shocked they kept your deposit. If you used a credit card, you should dispute the charge. They are going to get the jeep you ordered and have no trouble selling it and then they win twice.
 

TraktorE

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2017
Messages
63
Reaction score
10
Location
NJ
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I gotta say, if you bought one from your dealer that your order was with, I am shocked they kept your deposit. If you used a credit card, you should dispute the charge. They are going to get the jeep you ordered and have no trouble selling it and then they win twice.
Not as bad...:) I didn't end up buying from the same dealer as this one had nothing in stock that came close to what I was looking for.
I may try the dispute on the credit card charge - to my understanding they may actually not even getting the jeep I ordered as the 2.0 will be replaced/cloned. But you are certainly right, in case they will get it, it will be sold instantly.
 

Dr.McNinja

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2018
Messages
46
Reaction score
42
Location
Corpus Christi
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Finding one on the lot with the options I want has been pretty hard. Dealers have been ticking every box and getting all these painted top/fender/dual top/autos that I don't want. And then they don't want to move on price. Also, Jeep only lets you search 150 mi radius, so I keep having to google rando zips and searching there.
Has anybody been able to get anywhere close to the order price instead of MSRP on something on the lot through a different dealer? Interdealer trade?
I'm over waiting, and don't want to register my old Jeep for another year.
 

Chicago

Well-Known Member
First Name
Rich
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
2,422
Reaction score
2,401
Location
Chicago
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
I gotta say, if you bought one from your dealer that your order was with, I am shocked they kept your deposit. If you used a credit card, you should dispute the charge. They are going to get the jeep you ordered and have no trouble selling it and then they win twice.
Finding one on the lot with the options I want has been pretty hard. Dealers have been ticking every box and getting all these painted top/fender/dual top/autos that I don't want. And then they don't want to move on price. Also, Jeep only lets you search 150 mi radius, so I keep having to google rando zips and searching there.
Has anybody been able to get anywhere close to the order price instead of MSRP on something on the lot through a different dealer? Interdealer trade?
I'm over waiting, and don't want to register my old Jeep for another year.
thats why I ordered, I got 6% under invoice 7500 off MSRP , great deal only problem I’ve been waiting 107 days and no delivery in sight lol
 

Soljah112

Member
First Name
Amar
Joined
May 4, 2018
Messages
20
Reaction score
12
Location
Irving, TX
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JLU Sahara
I ordered a 3.6 anyone know who to contact to update cryptosticker? Don't want my old vin messing up the numbers more then they are.

Or do I just make a new one?
 

Chicago

Well-Known Member
First Name
Rich
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
2,422
Reaction score
2,401
Location
Chicago
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
I ordered a 3.6 anyone know who to contact to update cryptosticker? Don't want my old vin messing up the numbers more then they are.

Or do I just make a new one?
Make a new one
 

Brickwall

Active Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2018
Messages
36
Reaction score
16
Location
Toronto
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off-Road
My agreement with my dealer has a 90 day exit clause, 13 days and I'm out. We'll wait for dealer stock to build up and look to buy then, absolutely no plans to custom order again.
 

malogos

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2018
Messages
68
Reaction score
67
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR, 2018 BRZ tS
2 doors are delayed anyway, so might as well just wait. Plus, I need the turbo at altitude... my JK feels like a boat up here.
 

Advertisement




Morris 4x4 Center
 



Advertisement
Top