Sponsored

what are you using to clean the windows?

OP
OP
cosine

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i'll be heading to a couple of big car show in the next 3 months. so i'll shop around for adams and other products. if all else fails i'll get Invisible Glass.
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Most products work fine. Newspaper is the key for no streaks and the print from the paper gives the glass a shine.
Plexus is a specialty product designed for Plastics. I was replying back to #Bryce about the Plexus working great on plastic windows like on soft tops. Plexus and a microfiber work great on soft top plastic windows.

You are right though. You can use pretty much anything and newspaper on exterior windows or on windows without tint. I am a lot more carful with interior tinted windows. I use Invisible Glass and a microfiber for interior windows with tint.

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase
I've used lots of different types, however, I find with isopropyl alcohol I am able to get it ultra clear. It takes a bit more effort though for that absolute clarity and the birds don't seem to appreciate my extra efforts as they poop on the windshield right after.

There have been a couple instances where I've had pigeons smack into the windshield while the vehicle was parked, however, pigeons seem to be the drunk uncle Bob of the bird family.

MimiD

First Name
Marie-Elene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
White vinegar in a bucket with lukewarm water. Then dry with lint free cloth. Very cheap and very effective!!

Sponsored

davidmontalvo

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I've tried a number of glass cleaners and they all work well. I'm currently using glass cleaner by a company called Nanolex, it cleans and wipes away easily. Using a dedicated glass towel also makes a difference; Adam's makes one that I'm currently using and have had great results with. I've also applied Nanolex sealant to the glass-AMAZING!

https://www.detailersdomain.com/products/nanolex-glass-cleaner
https://www.detailersdomain.com/products/nanolex-ultra-glass-sealant
https://adamspolishes.com/adam-s-tough-glass-towels.html

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
I use Spray-way to clean my glass. They are also coated with Ceramic Pro Rain.

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
Nothing works better than windex on the exterior to clean and leave it streak free. On the inside, I use something that is safe for tinted windows on the ones I have tinted.

Sponsored

JohnAinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2021 Jeep Wrangler S MT
Invisible Glass on all my vehicles for many years now.
Great stuff - what do you use to wipe it off? I've used paper towels, microfiber and newspaper (old school)...

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Alcohol doesn’t leave any streaks and gets the invisible grease off the glass...works like magic!
Is that before or after you drink it??

DWS44

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Box: 2022 JLUR 392 + '17 C7 GS & '21 C8 Vettes
Occupation
CAD/IT Manager (Civil/Airport Design)
Great stuff - what do you use to wipe it off? I've used paper towels, microfiber and newspaper (old school)...
Usually either old cotton diapers or microfiber. I'm trying to get more into microfiber, as they generally seem good to work with when new, but I keep ending up with micro lint all over my vehicles after they've been used/washed a few times. Can't figure out if its the ones I'm using, or the way I'm washing them...and this is with supposedly good quality microfibers from AutoGeek. (I usually wash with Tide Free, then air dry)

Speaking of window cleaners...I decided to try the Adam's window cleaner mentioned a few times in this thread to see if I was missing anything. While the cleaner didn't do a bad job, I didn't really see much to make it worth the extra expense. I bought it in a combo pack that came with the cleaner, window sealant, and a couple of their microfibers. The microfibers seem nice so far, but the window sealant was a total waste. I followed the directions, clayed the glass, then applied the sealant as directed. First rain shower, it seemed to make no difference whatsoever how the water flowed (or didn't) off the windshield. If anything, it seemed to make the wipers streak more than they did before. Once that cleaner runs out, I'll likely return to the Invisible Glass.

JohnAinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2021 Jeep Wrangler S MT
Usually either old cotton diapers or microfiber. I'm trying to get more into microfiber, as they generally seem good to work with when new, but I keep ending up with micro lint all over my vehicles after they've been used/washed a few times. Can't figure out if its the ones I'm using, or the way I'm washing them...and this is with supposedly good quality microfibers from AutoGeek. (I usually wash with Tide Free, then air dry)

Speaking of window cleaners...I decided to try the Adam's window cleaner mentioned a few times in this thread to see if I was missing anything. While the cleaner didn't do a bad job, I didn't really see much to make it worth the extra expense. I bought it in a combo pack that came with the cleaner, window sealant, and a couple of their microfibers. The microfibers seem nice so far, but the window sealant was a total waste. I followed the directions, clayed the glass, then applied the sealant as directed. First rain shower, it seemed to make no difference whatsoever how the water flowed (or didn't) off the windshield. If anything, it seemed to make the wipers streak more than they did before. Once that cleaner runs out, I'll likely return to the Invisible Glass.
Thanks - good info. I'll try higher quality microfibers...

Funny - I bought the Adams window cleaner combo as well. It was delivered on Saturday, haven't had a chance to try it out yet......