Sponsored

What are you surprised Jeep DIDN'T include on the 2024?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
a second color to the hard top option (Black gets hotter than heck out here in the desert SW) ...they gotta be running out of black resin to make those things!
There are several Wrangler paint options (some, not all) that can be paired with a color-matched hardtop. The available choices will vary from year to year, and sometimes within the available trim selections.
Sponsored

MEGAS

First Name
Megas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Sadly, The Wrangler is getting softer to coddle all the delicate porcelain flowers out there. Lets lose some of the softer features and get more rugged and capable. I like a Jeep that drives/rides like a Jeep. If you want soft, get a Grand Cherokee or Wagoneer or just stay away from Jeep and get a Range Rover ya soft poofter.

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I gotta' ask here - what is the technological problem that simply cannot be solved by FCA's vast engineering resources that prevent the capability for the front windows to be Auto-Up?
My guess is it has something to do with safety sensors and removable doors. If the end user can repeatedly disconnect said sensor it probably can’t be done without impending lawsuits when said sensor fails to do its job.
members here have added one touch up windows. I believe there was even a kit for sale on amazon that added this functionality, unfortunately I can't find that now. But here's a how to: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/window-auto-up-modification.22596/

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I didn't read all 7 pages, but early on someone said "Auto-Up" windows. That's a safety issue because of kids and dogs sticking heads and hands out. There would need to be additional sensors etc. Not going to happen.

G.
I haven't tried it but my bet is that these safety measures are already in place. Simple enough to test, stick your arm in the window and try to roll it up, see how much force it takes to stop the window from going up.

I was just sitting here wondering, could a feature be added to the Tazer that made the windows one touch up?

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
They do it in other Jeep models (and tons of other brand cars have it), I'm pretty sure even my 2019 grand cherokee had auto-up front windows if I remember right. They mitigate the "kids and dogs" issue by simply not giving the back windows any auto control.
Do any of those vehicles have removable doors? I thought not.

Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

Isn't auto up a safety issue? That is why some don't use them? Need to have safety built into them. Because people are stupid and leave their children in cars?

Oh never mind already being discussed.

future ocean blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean blue JLU
Saddle brown interior
Automatic with a 6 cylinder on any trim
Less grey exterior colors
Lower price for a base 2 door

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Interesting— 8 pages with a high percentage about convenience and tech and not a mention of a larger and/or aux fuel tank…… skewed priorities for a Jeep, IMO 🙃

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Interesting— 8 pages with a high percentage about convenience and tech and not a mention of a larger and/or aux fuel tank…… skewed priorities for a Jeep, IMO 🙃
A fair point, but not every owner suffers from such crap fuel mileage that a larger fuel tank would automatically come to mind. E.g., I don't drive my Wrangler at speeds plainly not in its wheelhouse. More to the point, the average MPG trends of the 2.0T in my JLU is such that the 22 gal. tank is decently sufficient for a variety of use cases. :)

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
A fair point, but not every owner suffers from such crap fuel mileage that a larger fuel tank would automatically come to mind. E.g., I don't drive my JLU at speeds plainly not in its wheelhouse. More to the point, the average MPG trends of the 2.0T in my JLU is such that the 22 gal. tank is decently sufficient for a variety of use cases. :)
Granted — at ~10 -12mpg it’s a higher priority for V8’s, but more range is always beneficial. Even in the 10 gal CJ days I never left town without 2 Jerry cans and topped off at the last station before the mountains, most always could use more. Now there’s not even a simple 2-5gal cans/ spare bolt on mount, so still ~ 20 gal capacity. 😊 (MD had a 17 gal tank but a guzzling Chevy V8 so similar range) edit— 10-12mpg as indicated without recal for 35’s and 4.56’s so lower than actual. About 2 higher prior.(still crap)

Last edited:

00 Trans Ram

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
Yeah, but it makes sense why they would do this. They put the creature comforts on the things we use the most.

I mean, I don't know about you guys, but I NEVER roll my windows down and back up. But I adjust my seat several times per trip, even if I'm just running to the store.

Wait . . . something's wrong there . . .
Actually, now that I think about it, they may have actually had a reason for it.

Think about it - you go for a test drive. What's the first thing you do? Adjust the seat. And if it's manual, it immediately sets a bad example for a $50k+ vehicle. But, do you roll down the windows? Probably not. I don't think I've ever tested the windows on a test drive.

It's only when you get home . . . AFTER giving them $50k+ . . . that you realize you have regular, old windows.

00 Trans Ram

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
Sadly, The Wrangler is getting softer to coddle all the delicate porcelain flowers out there. Lets lose some of the softer features and get more rugged and capable. I like a Jeep that drives/rides like a Jeep. If you want soft, get a Grand Cherokee or Wagoneer or just stay away from Jeep and get a Range Rover ya soft poofter.
You give me another vehicle where I can remove the doors and roof, tow a 5500lb boat, and get 26+mpg daily and 18+mpg towing . . . and you got yourself a deal.
Sponsored