Sponsored

What are you surprised Jeep DIDN'T include on the 2024?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
As it concerns model refreshes and lost opportunities, my analysis trends toward the granular. With that in mind, here's a few swing-and-a-miss! notes:

-The absence of redesigned electrical connectors for the doors, so that they're not so bloody fragile. Easily-bent pins and the related loss of functionality gets recurring mention in any number of threads.

-LED lighting not being standard across the board, if only because the Wrangler's near-constant price increases make the absence of such established tech ever more glaring and difficult to explain away.

-Steel wheels still being satin black, and not silver as they were during the JK era. This simple difference would go a long way in making the vehicle look less like it's being driven with four spare wheels fitted.

-In the '24 JLU, the presumed inability to fold the rear seat headrests flat against the seatback, as those with JLs are and have been able to do. It's already annoying that said headrests can't be safely removed sans at least partial seat disassembly. Throw us a bone on the matter already.

More granules to follow as they come to mind. :)
Sponsored

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
As it concerns model refreshes and lost opportunities, my analysis trends toward the granular. With that in mind, here's a few swing-and-a-miss! notes:

-The absence of redesigned electrical connectors for the doors, so that they're not so bloody fragile. Easily-bent pins and the related loss of functionality gets recurring mention in any number of threads.

-LED lighting not being standard across the board, if only because the Wrangler's near-constant price increases make the absence of such established tech ever more glaring and difficult to explain away.

-Steel wheels still being satin black, and not silver as they were during the JK era. This simple difference would go a long way in making the vehicle look less like it's being driven with four spare wheels fitted.

-In the '24 JLU, the presumed inability to fold the rear seat headrests flat against the seatback, as those with JLs are and have been able to do. It's already annoying that said headrests can't be safely removed sans at least partial seat disassembly. Throw us a bone on the matter already.

More granules to follow as they come to mind. :)
I have child seats in the rear, so the headrests are useless, would be nice if I could remove them.

Sponsored

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
Reasonable Price
I doubt we’ll see “reasonable”, but bigger factory rebates and other incentives will be coming as inventory accumulates on dealer lots.

It wasn’t that long ago when Dodge/Ram 3500 4x4 diesel trucks with a $65,000 Monroni sticker could be bought for just over $50,000. All it takes is big inventories that aren’t moving. The same thing happened when Ford’s disastrous 6.0 diesel killed the sales of it’s diesel Super Duty trucks. The rebates increased until the trucks moved.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I doubt we’ll see “reasonable”, but bigger factory rebates and other incentives will be coming as inventory accumulates on dealer lots.

It wasn’t that long ago when Dodge/Ram 3500 4x4 diesel trucks with a $65,000 Monroni sticker could be bought for just over $50,000. All it takes is big inventories that aren’t moving. The same thing happened when Ford’s disastrous 6.0 diesel killed the sales of it’s diesel Super Duty trucks. The rebates increased until the trucks moved.
I just don’t ever see that happening with wranglers.

Last edited:

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
No, but it seems like a no brainer to me. Changed the name to Extreme 35, they have all the parts already with axles and gears, the Bronco raptor has 37’s, F-150 Raptor now has a “37” package. And now that the 392 has the 35 package standard they can charge like 2k to upgrade it to the Extreme 37.
A proper 37" tire factory option would require quite a bit of proper engineering. Jeep is more in the adding stickers and doing the bare minimum.

The Bronco Raptor has 37" tires standard, but to offer that it has:
1 - Dana 50 rear axles.
2 - Accurate R&P steering with independent suspension to minimize bump steer, head toss and death wobble.
2 - Massive frame reinforcements to accommodate (read below)
3 - Massive and impressive bypass shock package with electronic controls to keep wheel/suspension motion in check at higher speeds.
4 - Much wider track to keep it all stable with the higher center of gravity.

Put 37" tires in the Jeep's current incarnation and the rollover lawsuits, the warranty claims from broken axles to death wobble to average buyers complaining it wonders down the road will be fun to watch.

They may still do it if the math works out (extra profit >> reserve for warranty and legal fees).

Sponsored

MayThe4x4BWU

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR
Occupation
IT Small Business Owner
Auto-up windows

Also, a hydro-dynamic spatula with port and starboard attachments and turbo drive 🤓

Powelligator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2022 JL Rubicon
Clubs

I gotta' ask here - what is the technological problem that simply cannot be solved by FCA's vast engineering resources that prevent the capability for the front windows to be Auto-Up? I'm being serious - Auto-Up seems to be implemented in almost every other vehicles on the road, but Jeep can't figure it out. Is it a sensor issue? Do other FCA vehicles, like Chargers and Challengers also lack this function? I've never been able to figure this out...
Sponsored