What are you paying on your 2021?

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
I went to Tuttle-Click in Irvine- basically a local dealer to me.

2 Dr Willy Sport ~$31,150 + TTL

4% below invoice w/ $85 doc fee.
$750 direct marketing incentive
$500 additional incentive
$250 Bonus Drive rebate
0%/ 36mos Chrysler financing

With the incentives/rebate it worked out to 8.5% under invoice or 12% below MSRP.
Were these dealership incentives?
Sponsored

JerseyMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Willys Sport, 2019 JLU Sahara
I ended up getting about 1% under invoice without any extra fees. Ended up paying $43,500 plus tax and tag transfer For my JLUR(it just has hard top and cold weather group)
A lot of people on here get great deals(7-8% under invoice, etc...). With those deals there usually are extra fees and sometimes financing with a specific bank - so you should factor those in. Also, you typically have to travel to specific dealerships. I wanted to work with my local dealership, since it is <10 miles from my house. So, I settled for a little higher price.

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I couldn't find a deal anywhere close to the numbers that get thrown around in here, unless you want to order out of state, and assign no cost to your travel expenses and no value to the time spent going to pick it up.
I agree. The one thing I don't have these days is a sliver of free time so being able to spec out something locally, work with a reputable salesperson who knows their stuff, get in and out in an hour and not get jammed on fees is worth something to me. I almost did the Koons/Crisswell thing to save a few percent, but bailed when I saw the backend fees and realized the $ / hr value of my did not justify the trip. Also, most of these 8% below FWP deals come with financing attached, which is a source of dealer profit buyers rarely account for when they brag.

Sponsored

Spaffy

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL 2Dr Willys, '16 Ram 2500, '69 Dodge Polara
I agree. The one thing I don't have these days is a sliver of free time so being able to spec out something locally, work with a reputable salesperson who knows their stuff, get in and out in an hour and not get jammed on fees is worth something to me. I almost did the Koons/Crisswell thing to save a few percent, but bailed when I saw the backend fees and realized the $ / hr value of my did not justify the trip. Also, most of these 8% below FWP deals come with financing attached, which is a source of dealer profit buyers rarely account for when they brag.
I thought a good while before posting here. Hopefully most see this thread as a reference tool and not a place to brag. It's a good metric to see what's available in different areas.

In the end I went back to what I was once told: *Not* talking about pay or prices like this doesn't benefit the buyer; it benefits the employer/dealer.

I was in the right place at the right time and had a local dealer that was outstanding! Had I not had that, even my example of 4% under, that only works out to about $1400.... I wouldn't have traveled or paid $800 doc fees for that!

Like you say, once you bring in these higher doc fees and travel expenses..... The savings factor goes way down.

I like to think the knowledge that these deals exist or can be had often helps people buy locally with some savings ond keeps more dealers from charging full MSRP.....

It's how I chose where to buy my Jeep.

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Totally get where you are coming from. I did not go with a VA or WA order because a 10-18hr drive was not on my list of things to do.

But for a lot of people, local dealers offer absolute garbage MSRP+ prices. In DFW TX, I received 1 response at 1% under invoice, everyone else giving me MSRP or more, some straight lying to me about incentives or affiliate pricing. A 3hr drive down to DeMontrond in Conroe is 100% worth saving 2-10k. I find most of the highly advertised dealers may attach financing to get to that 8%, but plenty give 5-7% with no strings.

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
Gupton Motors in Springfield, TN. Literally zero haggling, and no upsell. Actually got a better rate than what Jeep was offering as well. Obviously this is for factory builds not for dealer stock, but it only took 6 weeks from date of order to delivery.
Yup. I ordered from them too. No upsell and no pressure. 8% below invoice. I don't know how these dealers sell so low and still make money. There's gotta be hidden kickbacks they get from Jeep.

Sold my JKU for much more than expected and got the new JLUR for much less than expected and 0% for 36 mths on the 13k balance.

For the first time in my life I feel like I actually came out on top of a vehicle purchase.

FinnCustomKnives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel
Yup. I ordered from them too. No upsell and no pressure. 8% below invoice. I don't know how these dealers sell so low and still make money. There's gotta be hidden kickbacks they get from Jeep.

Sold my JKU for much more than expected and got the new JLUR for much less than expected and 0% for 36 mths on the 13k balance.

For the first time in my life I feel like I actually came out on top of a vehicle purchase.
I guarantee the dealerships get some form of bonus for being high volume, as they are moving these things like crazy. Always better to make less per sale but make more total sales!

No joke, even with paying the 3k+ in taxes I could still make money on this thing trading it in. Absolutely crazy, but I'm fine with it!

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
$61,125 MSRP and I will end up paying $56,995 for a 2021 fully loaded rubicon minus the advanced safety group, black rims, and headliner

Sponsored

HHDUTCHMAN

First Name
Hylke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Camry SE. ‘14 Odyssey EX-L
MSRP: $49k and change
Sale price: $44k

Peterson Jeep Idaho.

Definitely worth saving $$$ and a great memory with my son driving back to CA.

ShaunBJeeps

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee X4, 2017 GMC Sierra
I ended up getting about 1% under invoice without any extra fees. Ended up paying $43,500 plus tax and tag transfer For my JLUR(it just has hard top and cold weather group)
A lot of people on here get great deals(7-8% under invoice, etc...). With those deals there usually are extra fees and sometimes financing with a specific bank - so you should factor those in. Also, you typically have to travel to specific dealerships. I wanted to work with my local dealership, since it is <10 miles from my house. So, I settled for a little higher price.
You aren't wrong. There's a lot of work & travel that has to be done to get some of these deals. My wife and I enjoy traveling and I enjoy the car buying process, so for us, we actually were looking to get a deal out of state. It's an excuse for us to spend the weekend in a different place. Also, I live in a small town in Alabama. If I buy in-state, I pay taxes based on the city of the dealership. If I buy out of state, I pay taxes based on my town so that's an extra 2+% of savings if I purchase out of state vs Birmingham or Huntsville.

21GraniteJLUR

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
2021 JLUR
Premium Soft Top
Cold Weather
Lighting
Towing and Aux
Color Matched Fenders

48685 MSRP
42544 Selling price
899 doc fee
Financed with my bank
$325 to ship from DC to NC so my total out of pocket was 45240 including tax and shipping. Best i could get locally was Invoice + 500 + 699 doc fee so I would probably have been around 48k.