Sponsored

What are you paying on your 2021?

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2 dr HellaYella Rubicon.
Flemington in NJ. Dealers in NJ are tough. World Jeep was very good...Shane was the salesman. I figured for the 1500/dollars I bought locally.
I am glad we were able to help you out. Its really not good practice to accept a deal and just pay whatever they want you to pay, never settle. We all work hard for our money, they need to work harder for us to let it go.

Glad you were able to reach a number you feel comfortable with, now to wait :)
Sponsored

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
I am glad we were able to help you out. Its really not good practice to accept a deal and just pay whatever they want you to pay, never settle. We all work hard for our money, they need to work harder for us to let it go.

Glad you were able to reach a number you feel comfortable with, now to wait :)
Yes, thank you. I saved over 1409/dollars from my dealers original price. All good. Yes, the wait will kill me.

JeepJim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I tried this dealer about a month ago, and no response. I tried email and phone call. Ended up going to Criswell. Was a shame because this dealer would have been an hour closer for me.
I’m shocked because I’ve had an amazing experience to date and I know she does a lot of business because of the forum

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
1605190708729.jpeg

Got this for approx 7% below MSRP and 4% below invoice at $31,902with an out the door price of $34,642....respectable fees and no requirement to finance through them. Kate Morris is incredible and highly recommend her. She keeps me up to date on every step the Jeep has taken. Being shipped now and hopefully have it by Thanksgiving.
Whats the difference between build priority 99 and yours which is 01?

Sponsored

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
Anyone know what build code 99 means and what 01 means?

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
I’m shocked because I’ve had an amazing experience to date and I know she does a lot of business because of the forum
I contacted about 10 dealers within 3 hours of me, and 4 didn't respond. One of those that didn't respond was where I bought my last Wrangler. Glad you are having a positive experience.

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I contacted about 10 dealers within 3 hours of me, and 4 didn't respond. One of those that didn't respond was where I bought my last Wrangler. Glad you are having a positive experience.
Ben, let us know how it goes when you pick up at Criswell. I also ordered from them and would be interested to know what your pick up experience is/was, enjoy!

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ben, let us know how it goes when you pick up at Criswell. I also ordered from them and would be interested to know what your pick up experience is/was, enjoy!
Will do. Picking up Sunday.

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I picked up my Wrangler today from Criswell. I arrived sharply at 12PM when they opened. My salesman, Leon, had my new Jeep right out front nice and clean and fueled up. He had a few documents for me to sign since we conducted all previous business via phone and email. Shortly after that I went to financing.

Once at financing we had to wait about 20 mins to get in front of someone to sign documents. Here is were things slightly took a turn. I made my salesman aware and when I filled out the credit application, and a few weeks ago that I would put a substantial amount down, that I would be putting $36k down on the new Jeep. Essentially I was going to be financing $11k. As many know, Criswell offers 2% discount if you finance with their banks. Starting on Tuesday of last week I started to ask for the financing information and what my interest rate would be based on my credit of over 800. My salesman said he would see who was working the day I had scheduled my pickup. I followed up 3 more times, via phone and email. Never was able to get the interest rate and had to wait until today.

Fast forward and then today the finance guy tells me that the discount is only if I was going to finance about 75% of the loan. I asked to see it in writing, and I would then take the 0% at 36 months (no 2% discount) if it was truly an issue. He said they don't have it in writing, but should I have been told. I kinda figured this was the path it was going down and I felt like I did everything to give them a chance before I arrived to tell me if they had such policy. It was a pleasant conversation and everyone was professional. He stated he had to talk to the manager and I agreed that if we can't come to an agreement that I would again take the 36 months at 0% and lose the discount. Again, it was a professional conversation and when he came back, they agreed to honor the discount if I would keep the loan for a min. of 6 months.

So maybe this is the typical conversation they have with people, I don't know. Guessing the avg. costumers don't put a large downpayment on vehicles, I don't really know. I will say that everyone was nice and it all worked out. I got 48 months at 4% and I will honor the 6 month payment agreement.

Overall it was a pleasant car buying experience. My salesman Leon was very good at communicating during the buying process, and knew the vehicle to the "T" when I picked it up to go over it. He assisted in pairing my phone and had the satellite radio ready to go as well. It was worth the 2.5 hour drive each way. I was in and out in about 2 hours but without the financing hiccup it should have been quicker considering I was the first person there on a Sunday.

Hope this helps with others car buying at Criswell in MD. I wouldn't hesitate to buy there again, I just hope that won't be for 10+ years!

Sponsored

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
So I picked up my Wrangler today from Criswell. I arrived sharply at 12PM when they opened. My salesman, Leon, had my new Jeep right out front nice and clean and fueled up. He had a few documents for me to sign since we conducted all previous business via phone and email. Shortly after that I went to financing.

Once at financing we had to wait about 20 mins to get in front of someone to sign documents. Here is were things slightly took a turn. I made my salesman aware and when I filled out the credit application, and a few weeks ago that I would put a substantial amount down, that I would be putting $36k down on the new Jeep. Essentially I was going to be financing $11k. As many know, Criswell offers 2% discount if you finance with their banks. Starting on Tuesday of last week I started to ask for the financing information and what my interest rate would be based on my credit of over 800. My salesman said he would see who was working the day I had scheduled my pickup. I followed up 3 more times, via phone and email. Never was able to get the interest rate and had to wait until today.

Fast forward and then today the finance guy tells me that the discount is only if I was going to finance about 75% of the loan. I asked to see it in writing, and I would then take the 0% at 36 months (no 2% discount) if it was truly an issue. He said they don't have it in writing, but should I have been told. I kinda figured this was the path it was going down and I felt like I did everything to give them a chance before I arrived to tell me if they had such policy. It was a pleasant conversation and everyone was professional. He stated he had to talk to the manager and I agreed that if we can't come to an agreement that I would again take the 36 months at 0% and lose the discount. Again, it was a professional conversation and when he came back, they agreed to honor the discount if I would keep the loan for a min. of 6 months.

So maybe this is the typical conversation they have with people, I don't know. Guessing the avg. costumers don't put a large downpayment on vehicles, I don't really know. I will say that everyone was nice and it all worked out. I got 48 months at 4% and I will honor the 6 month payment agreement.

Overall it was a pleasant car buying experience. My salesman Leon was very good at communicating during the buying process, and knew the vehicle to the "T" when I picked it up to go over it. He assisted in pairing my phone and had the satellite radio ready to go as well. It was worth the 2.5 hour drive each way. I was in and out in about 2 hours but without the financing hiccup it should have been quicker considering I was the first person there on a Sunday.

Hope this helps with others car buying at Criswell in MD. I wouldn't hesitate to buy there again, I just hope that won't be for 10+ years!
You have more patience than me. 4% 48 months is a lot. But happy for you and your new ride. All the best

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You have more patience than me. 4% 48 months is a lot. But happy for you and your new ride. All the best
At that rate and terms it was only $30 more in the end if I pay out the loan over those 48 months with the discount given compared to no discount at 0% at 36 months. I will pay it off earlier so that the interest doesn’t offset the discount, if that makes sense.

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
At that rate and terms it was only $30 more in the end if I pay out the loan over those 48 months with the discount given compared to no discount at 0% at 36 months. I will pay it off earlier so that the interest doesn’t offset the discount, if that makes sense.
Makes sense. I was going to Koons 7.5% below invoice. But bring 3 hrs away I was a bit turned off if something went sour at pick up time. So I stuck with my regular dealer, got 4.5 below invoice so I am happy. I never worry about financing too. They always do right by me. All the best. I have a few month wait for mine.

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Thanks for the detailed info. This is very helpful for me before I go pick up as I figured the financing part would be the holdup for me also. I am thinking I might go with my own financing and just take the 5% discount instead of the 7%. I don't want or have time to play games with a financing department after an almost 4 hour drive each way, especially with my credit being real good like yours.

I rather go in / out and back home without any issues. I am not putting down that much but I am substantially bringing it down, I have already done the research with my local credit union and have everything set to go.

Thanks again for letting us know and congratulations on the new ride. All we need now is PICS !!!!